• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

In the Process

MedicGirl

Inactive
Reaction score
I just found this site and I've been reading through the posts trying to gather as much info as I can. I recently applied to the CF (I applied for the Med Tech trade since I have a nursing background). I'm going for my C-FAT, medical, and interview on Wednesday. . I'm a lil bit nervous. I'm hoping that my size doesn't have any effect on their decision for that trade since I'm not a very big girl. I have been training and can easily pass the BMQ Fitness Test requirements so I think I'll be alright. I don't really have any questions right now but just thought I'd share my experience. Any advice would be great  :)I'm really excited about this opportunity and I'm hoping things work out.

Hi MedicGirl

I do not think that would be a problem at all! For a second I taught you were going to say " I am a very big girl " and I was going to say, as long as you can pass your Fitness Test , it should not be problem.

I have a friend, she is quite small as well but she has been in Forces for a while now..

Good luck on Wednesday!
cheers

You'll likely not be the smallest we've ever had.

And whatever disadvantages your size may have, determination will overcome them.

Best of luck to you.  :)
I just did the CFAT, interview and medical last Monday.  This Wednesday I get the fitness test.
Hope everything goes well for you.

Best of luck, I finnished all my testing last month, and I found it went generally smooth. Turned out the only thing I was stressing about was me stressing.... if that makes any sence at all? lol

I've said it before on here. It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. If you set your mind to it you can do it. We just had one of our clerks come back from Afganistan. She's no bigger than a minute. If you saw here on the street you'd think she was about 12. She doesn't have any problems. Get the size thing out of your head it will hold you back. Keep up the PT and if you can do some weight training if you feel you need to. Don't over do it. You still need to be healthy when you do your medical. Any pulls or strains could be a problem when you do oyur medical.

Never mind the fact that we are not allowed to discriminate based on gender, religion, ethnic background, etc. Saying you can't do a job based on your size would eliminate a lot of people in the CF that are doing a great job but not of average size. You get to pass or fail on your own merit. If you can't do a job because you are physically unable then there is nothing we or you can do except find a occupation your better suited for. But we give you that chance. What you do with it is up to you!

Good luck.

FDO said:
I've said it before on here. It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.
Good luck.

I like it!!

Awesome!

the only thing I will suggest is make sure you are doing your push-ups correctly. My friend (probably about 115 pounds?) was sent home for six months (in the past few weeks) because she couldn't do them correctly. She's such a fiery, determined woman I couldn't believe they wouldn't send her to fat camp to learn to do them properly! Anyways... if you're somewhere that you could get someone to check them (not bicep push-ups, the tricep ones)... that's the only thing I'd suggest! not trying to freak you out!

I'm on the other scale... (literally!) I'm a big girl but - working hard to make sure I meet the requirements by April. Even if I'm 100 pounds heavier than you, as long as we both can do what we need to do at the time of our jobs, we'll be fine! I pull my own weight (literally, again!) plus whatever I need to carry like the rucks, weapons, etc... so, don't worry about your weight! You'll get stronger over time and won't have a problem!

I'm getting in better and better shape every day, being able to lift more weight and do more push ups, etc. I'm doing the push ups  properly, they are much harder than most people going into this think. I think that messes with alot of people going to basic because they may be able to do alot of push ups but not the way they are supposed to. I am determined and stubborn so I will not give up easily....just have to remember to play the game I guess.

Back