• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Reg. Going to Afghanistan

Q.Y. Ranger

Inactive
Reaction score
My cousin is doing Basic Training at the present time, and she informed me that Infantry Reg Force, would most likely be shipped to Afghanistan with one year of finishing Basic. Does anyone know if this is True?
Code:

Curently the 031 tasking is 3 Pl's to Op Athena.

Given that is a Coy(-) and there are 27 coys spread thru the 3 reg'ts 9 Bn's...
Do the math...

Now if (when) the 031 presence goes back up (read we decide to get somewhat serious again) that will alter the facts once again.

But for right now I would not hold ones breath until Jan/Feb 06 - and then don;t count your chickens...

I rather like being out of the watchful eye of BG HQ.  Except they tend to forget about us for the cool stuff.

it might be 3 pl's now, but it won't be for the next roto. if it was 3 pl's, I'd be going.
Greg

It is still 3 Pl's
Our other PL (the 4th 031 PL) headed home beginning of Nov)

1 is attached to the Armoured Surveillance (Opps sorry Recce   ::) ) Sqn...

you guys got lucky then, we technically don't even have recce in the taskforce. although they still will supposidly be helping in relieving the boys doing their jobs around the base somehow.
I take it 4 pl went for 3 months for the lfta?
maybe I'll go; bah who knows anything, cuz I sure don't.
Greg

4th Pl went for Mission Drawdown. 

The one advantage that the next ROTO will have over the current one that that the Force protection OC will be deploying with a proper Coy HQ .  Unlike the current ROTO where a section from one of the PLs was poached off to form Coy HQ, which made for long days at the gate for the Pls.

yup, they fought like hell to get that Coy HQ stuff too. lost half my section to headquarters jobs, as well as my platoon commander.
higher highers (well someone; not sure who though) didn't want to spend anymore then needed.
well hell so long as I get to go for 3 months, I don't care.
Greg

Yeoman you're a wierdo. Honestly man, I didn't think it was possible to mumble and trail off on an internet forum but somehow you manage to post exactly the same way you talk. :blotto:

So, how's your Christmas? Keeping up on the PT, I hope. I know you developed a taste for fat pills in the mo-litia, but do yourself a favour and resist the temptation. You know we're going for some stupid ass run when we get back. ;D Anyhow, did Santa bring you anything cool to help you slaughter your fellow man with? I asked for one of those Spectra SOP C9 slings, but my folks are computer illiterate and couldn't figure out how to order it online. I'm second guessing whether I really want one or not anyways. Right now I'm more interested in getting a laptop to take overseas. Anyways,

Merry Christmas!!

~Foosk

foosk you could have priavte messaged me you little bugger.
bah running? man I'm going over to echo as soon as I get back, they don't want to keep us in dukes, they don't want ONS platoon kicking around for some reason. the hell is running? I've barely been walking.
I am the master of the ramblings, you have been around me long enough to know that.
better watch your kneecaps  >:D
Greg

Watch the kneecaps? Is that a threat? If you're looking for a Royal Rumble (get it?), I just might be in your part of town for New Years. I'll shoot you a PM when I know more... that is... if you don't think I'm gonna cramp your style... ;)

Back