• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
  • Vote Today!

    Please take a moment to cast your vote in today's Federal election.

Intelligence Officer / Operator

  • Thread starter future_soldier
  • Start date

j-rex

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LPike said:
I'm in the same boat. I'm on the army side.

I'm on tasking, so I'm continually checking the CFSMI page.

I'll be a happy bunny if I don't have to wait until the winter.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
I'm Navy myself, so a little bit worried about when the environmental phase hits, we have a very small contingent compared to the other elements. The CFSMI page has the joining instructions posted on there now. It's for a course at the end of August. I wonder if we'll all get surprised a few weeks before it starts.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

 

LPike

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
J-Rex said:
I'm Navy myself, so a little bit worried about when the environmental phase hits, we have a very small contingent compared to the other elements. The CFSMI page has the joining instructions posted on there now. It's for a course at the end of August. I wonder if we'll all get surprised a few weeks before it starts.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Good to know, I'll check when I get back in the office. Do the JI list a start date?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

 

j-rex

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
LPike said:
Good to know, I'll check when I get back in the office. Do the JI list a start date?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
It said that the report in date was either the 30 or 31 of August. There's a biography we must complete in memo style and some assignments to complete prior to course start as well.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

 

pascalywood

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Looks like I wont be on that one then, I'm to report to some obscure Air Force school in Kingston on August 25th while I wait for QL5 to start.
 

j-rex

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
pascalywood said:
Looks like I wont be on that one then, I'm to report to some obscure Air Force school in Kingston on August 25th while I wait for QL5 to start.

Well, like all things in the military, things can change quite fast. They could always load you onto the course prior to you arriving at that Air Force school. My friend just re-mustered to Traffic Tech, she was loaded onto her course no more than 2 weeks prior to the course starting; anything is possible. Although, alternatively, the CFSMI training schedule said this course was originally starting in May 2016 and the next running course on Dec 04, 2016. Since the May course got pushed up to Aug 31, then the next course must be pushed to the right quite a bit. I also heard they have made major changes to every course after the one running on August 31, 2016. I can't say it has officially switched from a QL5 to a QL3, but from the sounds of it, it almost seems like it. Don't quote me on anything though.
 

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
4
Points
410
pascalywood said:
I was wondering, are food and housing paid during the stay in Kingston or are there fees for that?

???

Are you really Regular Force?  It doesn't sound like it.

Not knowing your situation, I advise you to visit your OR and ask those questions.  We don't know if you will live in the Shacks or on the Economy.  We don't know if you are currently living in a house or in the Shacks at your previous posting.  We don't know if you are Single or Married.  We don't know if you are Posted, will be on TD, or what. 

 

pascalywood

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
George Wallace said:
???

Are you really Regular Force?  It doesn't sound like it.

Not knowing your situation, I advise you to visit your OR and ask those questions.  We don't know if you will live in the Shacks or on the Economy.  We don't know if you are currently living in a house or in the Shacks at your previous posting.  We don't know if you are Single or Married.  We don't know if you are Posted, will be on TD, or what.

I was in the PRes from 2007 to 2013. Re-applied for the CF as Reg Force and was sworn in on August 4th. I'm currently on leave until I get to Kingston next week. So yes I am Reg Force but have pretty much no clue of how things will work once I get there. In the PRes I never had to pay for Q&R but I read here that things are done differently in the Reg Force. I'll check with the recruting office.
 

pascalywood

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So any of you guys started the course yet? With some luck I'll be loaded on the course that is supposed to start in January.
 

mba2011

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
J-Rex said:
I also heard they have made major changes to every course after the one running on August 31, 2016. I can't say it has officially switched from a QL5 to a QL3, but from the sounds of it, it almost seems like it. Don't quote me on anything though.

J-Rex,

The courses have not yet switched over. The change will happen once the final serials are completed this fall. It originally was supposed to happen before the fall serials, however issues and delays have necessitated the revision of the  timeline.

Cheers,

Neverdismount
 

j-rex

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
NeverDismount said:
J-Rex,

The courses have not yet switched over. The change will happen once the final serials are completed this fall. It originally was supposed to happen before the fall serials, however issues and delays have necessitated the revision of the  timeline.

Cheers,

Neverdismount
NeverDismount,

Thanks for clearing this up for us. I was not loaded onto August's course, so I assume I'll be on the next course, which will be the one that is changed with the new changes? Is it confirmed or estimated that the course will take place in January?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

 

pascalywood

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
J-Rex said:
NeverDismount,

Thanks for clearing this up for us. I was not loaded onto August's course, so I assume I'll be on the next course, which will be the one that is changed with the new changes? Is it confirmed or estimated that the course will take place in January?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Word here is that it is supposed to take place in January as of now but might be pushed to the right. Guess we won't know for sure until December.
 

j-rex

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Any news about this course from anyone? I haven't heard anything from my holding unit.
 

j-rex

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey guys,

The newest information I have is that a course will start on January 17, 2016 and finishing around April 26, 2016. Has anyone heard anything differently?

Also, what elements are you guys? Any other Navy guys in here?
 

j-rex

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Has anyone received their course loading message yet? Christmas holidays and the course start date is approaching quite fast.
 

pascalywood

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
J-Rex said:
Has anyone received their course loading message yet? Christmas holidays and the course start date is approaching quite fast.

Next QL5A starts on Jan 17th and will be Navy and Air Force only due to operationnal requirements. There will be a single Army guy on it. Don't know if the loading message is out yet though.
 

Dija

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
pascalywood said:
Next QL5A starts on Jan 17th and will be Navy and Air Force only due to operationnal requirements. There will be a single Army guy on it. Don't know if the loading message is out yet though.

We saw quite a few guys have their elements switched to get loaded on course, I wish the branch wasn't so bottlenecked for QL5 training. There are people who have been waiting for YEARS.
 
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello everyone,
First off, just wanted to say thank you to all the current and former members of the CAF, your service is appreciated!

Second, recently I have been doing intense research on joining the military and what not, and have also recently spoken to a recruiter. In April 2018, I will have a university degree in Criminology with Honours. My main point of interest is intelligence operator. I saw in a post on here that they do not accept intelligence operators right off the street and that you have to do another trade for a certain amount of years beforehand. However, the recruiter quickly shut that notion down and said I could, in fact, go right into intelligence (after BMQ and BMQ- Land). I was wondering why there are two opposite accounts on how to get into intelligence.

Also on a different (but similar) note, I have seen that most people are interested in reserves more so than Regular Force, and I was wondering why that is the case as I myself am looking at doing Regular Force.

Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you again. 
 

MarkOttawa

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
47
Points
560
thearmyman1212

Some general background:

The Scope of Canadian Forces’ Intelligence Activities (including HUMINT)
https://cgai3ds.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/mark-collins-the-scope-of-canadian-forces-intelligence-activities-including-humint/


Not Much Noticed: Canadian Forces Intelligence Command (plus HUMINT) [has personnel numbers]
https://cgai3ds.wordpress.com/2016/01/27/mark-collins-not-much-noticed-canadian-forces-intelligence-command-plus-humint/

Canadian Forces in Intelligence Big Leagues (with document)?
https://cgai3ds.wordpress.com/2015/02/08/mark-collins-canadian-forces-in-intelligence-big-leagues-with-document/

Canadian Forces Intelligence Consolidation
...
The bullet on JTF-X (cute, remember Camp X? [ https://www.google.ca/search?q=camp+x+oshawa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=ow07UqBFiMOqAZGDgbgP ]) is the most public statement I’ve seen about the CF’s HUMINT capabilities...
https://cgai3ds.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/mark-collins-canadian-forces-intelligence-consolidation/

Mark
Ottawa
 
Top