• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interim Martime Security Force

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
From the CASR website:

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/mp-ccgnavres.htm

Its a good idea but as was pointed out in the article The MCDVs are slow. Maneuverability means jack if you can't go fast enough to intercept. If they were used as coastal patrol ships it would also be a good opportunity to look into getting a real mine warfare ship like the Brit Sandown class.

Hey Ex

I currently serve on an auxiliary Canadian Coast Guard Rescue Vessel "PARA" out of Frenchman's Bay in Pickering ON. The crews are all volunteer.

Recently our funding has been taken over by the Durham Regional Police as we are the only water asset they have other than a Zodiac on a trailer.
There is going to be some Police officers to augment the CCGA crews.

FYI

Slim

Slim if this idea ever takes hold and I am not holding my breath it will, then I can see a hodge podge of organizations being out together given funding and basically told to make it work.

Ex-Dragoon said:
Slim if this idea ever takes hold and I am not holding my breath it will, then I can see a hodge podge of organizations being out together given funding and basically told to make it work.

You speak wisely, oh Prophetic One!

Ya...nobody really knows whats going to happen and there's a new rumour every time we turn around (or come about i guess it would be, wouldn't it! ;D)

Watch and shoot I guess... :D

Back