• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview advice (merged)

Thanks for the reassuring words! Just had my interview and medical today and it was much more straight forward than I was expecting. I was told that I would be merit listed for all three positions I applied for as soon as my medical and reference checks went through! Thanks again!

Just a question, when asked about where and how long is your basic training and trades training should I also include where and how long Naval Environmental training is?

AlphaBravo said:
Just a question, when asked about where and how long is your basic training and trades training should I also include where and how long Naval Environmental training is?

Best bet, just answer it with as much knowledge as you want :)

Got a call this afternoon to set up my Interview for my Reg Force Infantry Soldier application andd..

Was just wondering from those who have already been through the interview, what they're going to ask me?
I remember reading somewhere on here that you need to know yourself and why you picked the Military as a career.

But is there anything else? Should I know information about the Infantry other than just basic knowledge?

Before the mods come in and lock/merge this there is this 15 page thread of interview advice just above your post you could read.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/12755.0

Also when you do have your interview the MCC conducting it will inform you that you are not supposed to discuss the contents of the interview with others. So no we cannot tell you exactly what you will be asked.

Alderson said:
Got a call this afternoon to set up my Interview for my Reg Force Infantry Soldier application andd..

Was just wondering from those who have already been through the interview, what they're going to ask me?
I remember reading somewhere on here that you need to know yourself and why you picked the Military as a career.

But is there anything else? Should I know information about the Infantry other than just basic knowledge?

You should know as much as you can about the CF, the occupation(s) you have applied for, basic trg through to your occupation trg and just what kind of life style you are getting yourself into.

At the end of the day, it's just another "job interview".  You don't need to have all the answers and they probably don't expect you to have them.  But at least know what is to come, should you eventually get a job offer.

Alderson said:

I think you should know everything about your trade. But at the end, It depends for every interview. Mine last like 15 minutes. About my knowledge for the trade he asked me ''Do you know for what you applied, have you watch the video, read about it?'' - I answered ''Yes'' and that was all this part. The rest of the Interview he was reading a sheet asking me some stuff about the military life, I just had to Answer Yes or No. At the end, other then having Yes/No question, I had two open question concerning my Work experience and my Scolarity.

That was it. Others story I've read here had way more open question than I. But I guess it's case by case. So be as prepared as you can be.

i did my interview about a week ago, guys don't sweat it.  its a very cut and dry interview basically read off a piece of paper, and with mine the person doing the interview seemed like he did not want to be doing it which didn't help the whole interview since i felt like i was burdening him.  hahaha!

I have my interview September 11th, I am very nervous I have filled out the interview prep sheet to the best of my ability and I will be trying to remember it over the next couple weeks. Just wondering if anyone had some good tips besides be yourself and dress nice. (I plan to go with dress shirt, dress pants, tie, and blazer).

Am I allowed to bring the prep sheet into the interview with me just in-case I get nerved out? Also should I bring a updated resume?

Read this thread. Your attire is good, don't forget dress shoes and neat hair. Find standard sets of job interview questions online and answer them out loud as if you were interviewing - this will help you get into the interview mode, think of relevant things to say, and cover lots of material. Just like preparing for a civilian job interview. Go over the forces.ca website including the multimedia section, know about your trades and the CAF. Sit straight and act respectful. Yes, bring an updated resume with you if it has changed from the one they have on file. I am sure it's fine to bring pen and paper, even if paper contains some notes, though you shouldn't rely on the notes. Don't be nervous, nobody is trying to fail you, just want to know more about you. You'll be fine! Did I mention go over this thread? Good luck!

Is this overkill? Dress pants, white dress shirt, black tie, blazer, and black dress shoes. I normally like to dress for success,.

AlphaBravo said:
Is this overkill? Dress pants, white dress shirt, black tie, blazer, and black dress shoes. I normally like to dress for success,.
My thought is no. Many people in my RC were dressed similarly for their interviews.
Like the old saying goes: dress like you already have the job. If you take it seriously and dress like you want it, the interviewer is far more likely to take you seriously.
I know you've been waiting a while for this. Don't be nervous, I found the interview to be a lot like most other professional interviews I've had. Be prepared, know WHY you want to join the forces, know information about your chosen trades, and the rest should come naturally.
Good luck!

AlphaBravo said:

Not recommended, but I went in PT shorts and tshirt for my interview. I was told I was doing the PT test... Oops!

BobSlob said:
Not recommended, but it went in PT shorts and tshirt for my interview. I was told I was doing the PT test... Oops!

I know for a fact I am doing my interview, the only other thing would be a medical but I already confirmed with my file manager that I wont be getting a medical until the interview is done.

Heyhey​
I am going to be interviewed shortly for the forces and I want to know if anyone has some tips or tricks to mastering this part of the application process. Also if you have gone through the interview and are allowed to say what some of the questions are, please share. Or give me an idea of what to expect. I read online that they as you if you "can kill someone". Is that true?​

Let me know,

a RMC hopeful

As an aspiring candidate to go to university under the ROTP, it would be beneficial if you learned a few things first:

1.  Research;
2.  Pay attention to detail; and
3.  Think before you post.

You asked a question that has been asked thousands of times before and answered on this site alone.  Please feel free to read those comments in the thread especially dedicated to "The INTERVIEW".

http://army.ca/forums/threads/12755.0.html

TOPIC LOCKED

I just received a call yesterday setting up my interview and medical exam. Now I have a question for people who went through the interview for crewman and infantry what kind of questions do they ask you for those trades?

Offstar1029 said:
Now I have a question for people who went through the interview for crewman and infantry what kind of questions do they ask you for those trades?

Armoured Interview Questions 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/87695.0;nowap

Interview-Understand your trade (Infantry)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/113091.0

I'm preparing for the interview and found that on the web . If it can help someone else too its a pleasure for me to share this with you guys. List of question that can be ask in the interview :  http://www.11rca.ca/web_pdf/prep.pdf

Back