• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview advice (merged)

You may find these discussions regarding changing applications from Reserve to Regular of interest,

Changing from reserve to regular force application
https://army.ca/forums/threads/109809.0
"Am I allowed to have a application in reserves and reg force at the same time?"

Can I have an application open for both reserves and regular force?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/114610.0
Goose15 said:
No, you are only able to have one application for one entry plan at any one time.

Changing my application?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/112952.0
AlphaBravo said:
I was wondering how I would go about changing my application from Reserves to Regular Force?

etc...

Reply from a Recruiter,

DAA said:
You cannot have two applications active at the same time, so you will need to choose which route you wish to pursue.  If your application is currently active for the Reserve Force, you will need to reapply online as a Regular Force applicant in order to start that process.

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Edit as per Buck's post.

Just to update some of the information given, you shouldn't re-apply online.  The recruiting system has a new software package that will flag your file as problematic if you try to submit a new application when you already have one on the go.

Your best bet is to either visit the CFRC closest to you or email them (all CFRC's follow the email of info.location@forces.gc.ca  for example CFRC Toronto is info.toronto@forces.gc.ca) and let them know that you would like to update your profile to reflect that you wish to join the Regular Force.  Depending on where you were in the process you may need to redo some of the process steps.

I had always been told that at the end of an interview you always ask the interviewer a question(s). In fact I had been told by my Grade 10 civics/careers teacher that asking a question at the end of an interview was one of the most important parts of the interview. I've had quite a few job interviews before and I always asked a question(s) at the end; but for some reason during my Canadian Forces interview, when the Captain asked me if I had any questions I said (against everything I had been taught and every instinct in my body) that I didn't. I've been kicking myself ever since.
Does anyone see this as being a potential disqualifying factor for me?

Don't sweat it too much man. I doubt it will be a disqualifying factor and I wouldn't say you screwed up "royally".

If you did well in the rest of the interview I am sure everything will be fine. The interviewer is likely not even thinking about it at all.

Best of luck.

Kaiserschlact 1918 said:
I had always been told that at the end of an interview you always ask the interviewer a question(s). In fact I had been told by my Grade 10 civics/careers teacher that asking a question at the end of an interview was one of the most important parts of the interview. I've had quite a few job interviews before and I always asked a question(s) at the end; but for some reason during my Canadian Forces interview, when the Captain asked me if I had any questions I said (against everything I had been taught and every instinct in my body) that I didn't. I've been kicking myself ever since.

Don't overthink it. Asking a question could of helped your case, it could of hurt it also depending on the context of the question.

The weighting/quality of your application will be a combined mark from your interview, qualifications, and testing. Failing to ask a question won't make or break things in the end.

If you haven't heard it before, get used to this phrase. "Hurry up and Wait.'

In other words, employ patience.

Kaiserschlact 1918 said:
Not asking a question at the end of the interview is fine. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaiserschlact 1918 said:
If you didn't have any questions at the end of your interview that is fine. I've interviewed applicants and some didn't have any questions and this was no problem. Good luck.

To reiterate what you've been told already, not asking a question will NOT hurt your application.
You are scored on what was said during your interview. 
I have worked alongside MCC's and they don't lower your score simply because you didn't ask a question.

I was posting at the same time... but case in point
RocketRichard said:
I've interviewed applicants and some didn't have any questions and this was no problem. Good luck.

Kaiserschlact 1918 said:
Not asking a question at the end of the interview is fine. Good luck.

Rocket... having issues with your posts (i.e. Tapatalk)? LOL

Buck_HRA said:
Rocket... having issues with your posts (i.e. Tapatalk)? LOL
Buck, that I am.

I added that I've interviewed applicants and some haven't had any questions at the end of the interviews and that's all good.

Tapatalk is having some issues. Have a great day.

Hi, I have a Pre-Assessment/security clearance interview this week. What should I expect? Is there anything I can do to prepare?
Thanks so much!

Laura

neacha67 said:
Hi, I have a Pre-Assessment/security clearance interview this week. What should I expect? Is there anything I can do to prepare?
Thanks so much!

Laura
It's standard questions like Do you have family outside of Canada? Do you own property outside of Canada? Have you spent X number of months in the last Z years outside of Canada?  If so, Where?
It's not a pass/fail thing, they're standardized questions - you don't need to "prep", just answer honestly and if you're unsure of an answer state that you're unsure and need to look into it and get the answer back at a later date.

Excellent thanks so much. I was worried this was also going to be a regular interview as well. I had already filled out all the forms many months ago so I'd this do it is in person as well?

neacha67 said:
Excellent thanks so much. I was worried this was also going to be a regular interview as well. I had already filled out all the forms many months ago so I'd this do it is in person as well?
If you are also doing the CFAT/TSD you'll probably do a regular interview at the same time as well; but if this is only for pre-secure then it's not the regular interview.

I applied several months ago to the marine tech trade and the navy weapons tech trade. during my interview, I was only asked about Marine technician and weapons technician was never discussed. At the time, marine technician was desperately trying to fill positions. Is it possible that the selection officer never cleared me for the weapons technician trade because he never asked me questions regarding that trade?

Hi All,

I am applying to become a CIC officer, and I just got the date for my interview. I know that the CIC isn't the same as the Reg Forces, or even the Primary Reserves, but I still want to succeed at my interview.

On another thread there was talk about an interview prep form, but when I tried each link provided, they all came up 404 not found.

Is there anyone who has a copy of the form, and/or any other advice to help me out?

Thank you,

Jonathon

JRouslton said:
Hi All,

I am applying to become a CIC officer, and I just got the date for my interview. I know that the CIC isn't the same as the Reg Forces, or even the Primary Reserves, but I still want to succeed at my interview.

On another thread there was talk about an interview prep form, but when I tried each link provided, they all came up 404 not found.

Is there anyone who has a copy of the form, and/or any other advice to help me out?

Thank you,

Jonathon

On the old CAF website there was a section that walked you through the recruiter process step by step; however back in the fall the CAF website was taken over and had to conform to the common look and feel of all other Federal Websites and this information is no longer on the recruiting website.  Unless someone has a copy of it this is not information that is currently on the current website.

Back