• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Interview advice (merged)

I just have one more question is recruit training BMQ or SQ? I put down the stuff for BMQ so I hope it's that.

thanks

You will have to do BMQ and SQ as part of your "basic training" - but BMQ is ther very first course - it's your introduction to the military lifestyle and by far the most basic of the two.

So I have to put down the length and location of both SQ and BMQ? Or just leave it the way I have it?

I"d go into as much detail as possible. Know how long BMQ, SQ and BIQ (assuming your going infantry) is. That way no matter which way he/she words the questions you'll be prepared.

Ok I have a couple more questions then I'll let you be. How long is BIQ? and do I submit this self preparation interview sheet to the recruiting office when I go to submit my application form?

thanks for all the helpĀ  ;D

Well, when you submit your applications thats all you hand in, untill they ask for the rest of the suttf (transcripts, SIN card, interview sheet, ect.)

I'm not to sure on how long BIQ is, but I could only assume as long as BMQ and SQ 10weeks, I'm sure if i'm wrong one of these bright fellas on the board will correct me.

* Edited* I doubt they'll ask you when you hand in your application for all those other sheets you had to fill out (from what happened to me). When they ask for it though, make sure you have EVERYTHING cause if you don't they won't take it.

One last thing how many interviews do you have? and do all your answers have to match the ones on the self preparation interview sheet?

thanks for all the help

P.S Good luck on your BMQ Tasker!Ā  :cdn:

All depends, I myself had 1 interview and the daybefore my file went to the boards for selection the RC called me and we had an updatedĀ  interview over the phone.

do all your answers have to match the ones on the self preparation interview sheet?
They should... you're supposed to be telling truth on them.

I did tell the truth but when I say it it usually isn't word for word.

I will be in Winnipeg Monday morning for the testing and interview for my application to the regular forces. Ā  Does anyone have any constructive tips for me?

try your hardest at everything...

wear some nice clothes for your interview, and make sure you're eating right - you're doing a urine sample. :)

Yes read the other thread.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/28487.0.html

Bring a bottle of water and drink it all during the CFAT portion, or whatever they do before the urine test, because it will save some time :)

Bob the builder said:
Bring a bottle of water and drink it all during the CFAT portion, or whatever they do before the urine test, because it will save some time :)

lol definitely a good tip right there.... that was MY problem.. when they handed me the bottle i was like :-\ i didnt have to go in the slightest!!

the interview is nothing to be nervous about so dont be, haha. its not stressful, not hard, so just relax while your talking to the interviewer.
it will look good on ya if your not sweating and shaking, haha. ;)

i love that question they ask you about defending the country:

"you may or may not be required to use a firearm to defend this country and you may or may not be required to harm or kill an enemy human being" ;)

Back