• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Introducing Morale

Gee Mike, from all the complainin' I'd say your Morale closely models the real CF version sometimes  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Really. I noticed something - and someone else agreed - and I suggested a change ... just as many many others have done wrt lots of aspects of this game in a great many threads about this game. No difference here.

Edited to remove comment regarding what will be on my mind while deployed.

Sigh.  I was only talking about myself and extricating myself from the debate when I was talking about what would be on my mind.  I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that AO would be a such a priority on yours or others minds as a slight.  In my situation I really have almost 18-20 months before I might have to go away for an extended period of time, with the potential to not have access to the net.  I would think by that time the shiny will probably be gone from the game and I will not be in to it in the manner we all are now.

Journeyman said:
Gee Mike, from all the complainin' I'd say your Morale closely models the real CF version sometimes  ;D

Yea I know I complain all the time............. :nod:

MJP said:
Yea I know I complain all the time............. :nod:
Just pulling your chain to wish you (and the other Afghan Ops addicts) a Merry Christmas Mike  ;D

Journeyman said:
Just pulling your chain to wish you (and the other Afghan Ops addicts) a Merry Christmas Mike  ;D

Oh I know....

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Vern, I hear what you're saying... for those who are away for extended periods, the morale system will hamper their gameplay, by up to 10% (at level 150+). I did note you got one thing wrong though, and that is that the -40 for 'not playing yesterday' is not cumulative. I.E. if I'm off for a week a log in, I'm docked -40, not -40 * 7. Still, it's weighted against players with absences. This is, of course, all part of my master plan to cultivate addiction. ;) (Kidding, I want to make it fun - not laborious - to play.)

I did a check on how people are doing, and the average Morale has jumped from the default of 10, to over 55. That's the average, so for everyone that's dropping a bit, there are others that are gaining significantly. That's not to say that the system is already balanced... but what it does tell me is that if I reduce the morale dropping actions, I have to also adjust the morale boosters. The system is already slanted towards the positive, so I can't tip that balance further without making the whole morale system useless. What I can do is reallocate where and why the positives and negatives are doled out. There are a couple of good suggestions out there, so I'd like to take some time to consider the options (and implications) before making any big changes.

No doubt any adjustment will have others raising concerns... it's tricky to tune things without turning someone into a sad panda but I'll do my best. :)

Cheers
Mike

Another bug:

My morale is capped at 370 and won't go up anymore. I've missed out on 100 morale in missions it should have been 470 by now at the very least.

Morale is capped at 100 + (Level * 2), so your cap is 374.

I see that the "Insurgency Levels" medal rewards you with morale. How would that work if you are full or close to it?

Larry Strong said:
I see that the "Insurgency Levels" medal rewards you with morale. How would that work if you are full or close to it?

I would think that you would only get enough to put you to your limit.  I am holding on to mine to use for those dreadful days when I start spiraling downwards!

Exactly right mich. If you are already near your limit, I recommend holding off on those incentives. There will come a time when you need a boost, and that's a good opportunity to use it. :)

OK, I just failed a mission.

Activity History for ArmyVern
2010-12-24 13:35:34 Mission Failed: Clear a network of caves (-93CR, -67 Morale)

-5 + ???

The original post says "success streak" ... would that be the # of missions I had won prior to the fail?

ArmyVern said:
OK, I just failed a mission.

-5 + ???

The original post says "success streak" ... would that be the # of missions I had won prior to the fail?
Yea I had that yesterday for a -67 or so. 

I failed yetserday 3 times for a total of -30....been lucky today I have almost maxed out :)

For the Initiative incentives like: Level 3: Relentless
Initiative Reaches 200
Incentive: +100 Morale for 48 hours (200)

Does that mean you will always stay above +100, or will it mean that you cannot drop below minimum morale +100 (IE: My Min is -376, so it would now be -276 for 48 hours).

It means that you will get a +100 boost to your morale for 48 hours. So you can still drop to your lowest or be raised to your max (but not beyond either threshold), and for 2 days you'll be shoved 100 points in the right direction.

So if you're at -376 and you apply the incentive, you'll be at -276, but you can still drop down to -376 again if you're not careful. At the end of 48 hours, if nothing else changed, you would go back to -376 again. If you're already there, obviously nothing changes.

I like the morale feature.  It reminds me of my days working in NDHQ!  ;D

Decided to give a little Christmas boost... nobody currently has negative morale any more, and everyone got a little boost. :)

Back