• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Introducing Morale

Mike Bobbitt said:
Decided to give a little Christmas boost... nobody currently has negative morale any more, and everyone got a little boost. :)

Thanks Mike.  Merry Christmas!

Thanks for feeding the addicts, Mike!  ;)

Good2Golf said:
Thanks for feeding the addicts, Mike!  ;)

...and to the others, too!  ;)  :snowman:

I have to admit that I am an addict.

Hope that everyone had a great Christmas and have an even Better New Years.

I'm not a big fan of morale.

These past few weeks I've been away from home and with my current regen time of 36 seconds and my CR of 584, it basically takes:

(36 * 584) * (1 hour / 3600 seconds) ~ 6 hours (rounded up!) until my CR is completely refilled. As I continue to increase in CR and use up my initiative medals, my regen period will lessen.
At this rate, if I go to bed and wake up, I rack up quite a bit of negative morale. It will only get worse.
Won't someone please think of the officers?  :p

Jokes aside, this missed CR thing is kicking my ass. I think it should be regulated so it's not so bad. At this rate, the only way for me to go into the positive morale is to consistantly wake up during my sleep to use my CR and use up my morale medals. I'd need to do this several days in a row.
I'm not gonna do that, that's just dumb.

As a quick update, I've changed the morale hit for missed CR so that it maxes out at 40, no matter how much CR you have missed.

Can I get reimbursed?  ;D

I'm actually doing not too bad pulling out of the hole, already up +60.

bdave said:
I'm not a big fan of morale.

These past few weeks I've been away from home and with my current regen time of 36 seconds and my CR of 584, it basically takes:

(36 * 584) * (1 hour / 3600 seconds) ~ 6 hours (rounded up!) until my CR is completely refilled. As I continue to increase in CR and use up my initiative medals, my regen period will lessen.
At this rate, if I go to bed and wake up, I rack up quite a bit of negative morale. It will only get worse.
Won't someone please think of the officers?  :p

Jokes aside, this missed CR thing is kicking my ***. I think it should be regulated so it's not so bad. At this rate, the only way for me to go into the positive morale is to consistantly wake up during my sleep to use my CR and use up my morale medals. I'd need to do this several days in a row.
I'm not gonna do that, that's just dumb.

bdave, Not trying to bash you or anything, but maybe you shouldn't have spent so much on initiative to lower your regen period that much.  Because even if the Morale wasn't a part of the game, you are still wasting good CR.  Yes, without morale you would be gaining towards the "missed CR" medal.  But you could have used your merit points towards a better cause (such as towards your max CR).  In hindsight, what were you expecting to accomplish by adding so much initiative and lowering your regen time?  Whether or not the Morale was in effect, you have brought this on yourself and it appears IMHO to have been a waste.  :2c:

As I went to post this, I see that Mike has added a bit with a change to the Morale.  That will help out others greatly too (especially when away on leave/TD etc).  Thanks Mike!

I just noticed its going to be super hard to get the Level 5  Negative Morale medal now, with the Missed CR change. Maybe instead of having a -40 cap, after you successfully complete your first mission, or go a day without Missing CR, you jump up to - (your level) of CR to offset large periods of being away from the game. -100 wouldn't be too hard to get back from.

airmich said:
bdave, Not trying to bash you or anything, but maybe you shouldn't have spent so much on initiative to lower your regen period that much.  Because even if the Morale wasn't a part of the game, you are still wasting good CR.  Yes, without morale you would be gaining towards the "missed CR" medal.  But you could have used your merit points towards a better cause (such as towards your max CR).  In hindsight, what were you expecting to accomplish by adding so much initiative and lowering your regen time?  Whether or not the Morale was in effect, you have brought this on yourself and it appears IMHO to have been a waste.  :2c:

As I went to post this, I see that Mike has added a bit with a change to the Morale.  That will help out others greatly too (especially when away on leave/TD etc).  Thanks Mike!

Not quite. There was no negative consequence brought on by missed CR. On the contrary, certain medals and daily challenges could be acquired due to missed CR. So there was no way the CR was 'wasted'. This aided me greatly, and allowed me to jump ranks very quickly. It still does. In one day, if I time it well, I can gain 80 000 CE.
This 'morale' thing came in quite late in the game. As players progress, it will be increasingly difficult to not lose morale.

Mike Bobbitt said:
As a quick update, I've changed the morale hit for missed CR so that it maxes out at 40, no matter how much CR you have missed.

Awesome, thanks.

airmich said:

Wasted??

I'm not getting your post. That's where I am also putting mine.

Seems to me, that when this game began ... there were only so many missions - ie a finite number - of HV targets to be gotten ... to me, your comment above is kind of like us now saying "why'd you waste your MPs buying up your chances of Int intake when your targets will be no more?? (I am only on target #38, quite a few more for me to get yet)."

Short story: Most of us seem to have a different strategy to playing and BDave certainly seems to be making out quite OK to me given his placement in the stats. He's getting 4 full CR regens a day, thus can play more missions than you ... collecting more MPs for his levels to put into whatever area. Not too shabby IMHO.

I agree, everyone plays it differently.  I honestly don't put a whole lot of thought into all kinds of strategies and I figure I am where I am at more on luck then a whole lot of skill.

From bdave's original post, I centered in on the fact of him regenerating full CR in 6 hours and morale messing with missed CR.  Kind of along the line of the fact that you have to take the lumps with the gravy.

The game is evolving as we play and I guess some that started early on in the game and have played like the addicts we are, are a bit of guinea pigs in the evolution.

bdave, my apologies if my post sounded harsh/accusative or any other.  It wasn't the intent and as I read through it, I can see how it came across completely different then how the random thoughts in my head meant it to be. 

Mike Bobbitt said:

I don't think your update worked Mike; as I traveled back to Petawawa from NS today, here's what occurred to me (I was very close to my Max Morale level when I departed, so I dropped a couple hundred + over the trip today):

:'(

Doh... Turns out that negative numbers are small. I fixed the bug (and your virtual morale)... thanks for finding that one!

The game will also now show you how much morale you are losing for missed CR.

Wondering...will a morale-based medal incentive (the +200 morale for clearing 20 insurgencies) exceed the rank-based morale limit?  Or will it just use the MP and use up the incentive with no added morale?

???
G2G

I think I ran into this myself, missed a bunch of CR and my morale dropped below -200 from significantly above 200. I'm OK with this since it let me get the negative morale incentives for free Int but thought I'd mention it.

Finally got to Rank 150 and enjoying the nice bonus of 10% CE.  I find that I am failing fewer missions now that morale is in effect.  Of course, I'm sure I have jinxed myself now and will start failing and losing morale!  :D

Back