• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran Super Thread- Merged

Teeps74 said:
Warning NSFW:

http://youtu.be/FMEe7JqBgvg

There is a way to beat trolls. Watch the video to the end!

BWahahahah fricken brilliant, I also love the Grammar Nazi by them!

dileas

tess

Apple2018 said:
I am not after an argument. I'm not the best at getting an idea's across on a written forum is all perhaps a better orator. I am angry at our governments seemingly ignorant stance on not hearing Canadians out. They will hear the voices of big oil but not ours.

I have just as much at stake in Canada as anyone else, and I see Harper as a threat to my future and my families. His policies are not guaranteed to work. I have a right to question him as he is my Prime Minister too. I know military personal do not get to question,except at voting time; but I am taught there is no such thing as an expert we all have vested interests, and thus a right to question everything and anything.

In the summer months I work in the oil sands to pay for my education, and I can see first hand the big oil mentality. The Canadian people do not exist in the oil sands, we are just labour if we do not get the amount of progress they want, they send in foreign workers as we are starting to see with Harpers immigration plan to bring in 40k people.

You work in the Oil Sands...you are yourself a soldier of the New World Order!!! No war for Oil etc, but it's fine if you work in that industry and pay off your education!? So much for being a true believer, man! Guess camping out with the Occupy protesters is below you...  >:D

how else can anyone afford to camp in the inner city.....gotta work you know.............. :nod:

Tell me about it, maaaaaan! I'm posted to a city!

Why do I have to work this frickin' job man? Luxury condos should be free!

Apple2018 said:
I am not after an argument. I'm not the best at getting an idea's across on a written forum is all perhaps a better orator. I am angry at our governments seemingly ignorant stance on not hearing Canadians out. They will hear the voices of big oil but not ours.

I have just as much at stake in Canada as anyone else, and I see Harper as a threat to my future and my families. His policies are not guaranteed to work. I have a right to question him as he is my Prime Minister too. I know military personal do not get to question,except at voting time; but I am taught there is no such thing as an expert we all have vested interests, and thus a right to question everything and anything.

In the summer months I work in the oil sands to pay for my education, and I can see first hand the big oil mentality. The Canadian people do not exist in the oil sands, we are just labour if we do not get the amount of progress they want, they send in foreign workers as we are starting to see with Harpers immigration plan to bring in 40k people.

You should seek immediate medical attention, as it is obvious the volitile solutes you have been exposed to during your time on the oil sands has seriously diminished your capacity to formulate a coherent argument, sentence or thought.

Now back to our original programming, already in progress.

I know I'm not supposed to feed trolls, however this stood out.

Apple2018 said:
I am angry at our governments seemingly ignorant stance on not hearing Canadians out. They will hear the voices of big oil but not ours. 

But you see, Apple, they have heard our voices, and they are doing their best at doing what we told them to do.  It's called an election.

Here's how that works:  We need someone to run the day-to-day operations of the country, so some people tell us to vote for them, then they tell us why we should vote for them, then they tell us why we should not vote for the other people.  Whoever gets the most votes gets to do what they told us they were going to do.  Then they do it.

If the winners don't do the things the other people in the election said they would do, then the people who voted for the people who didn't win tend to get upset and yell about how the government doesn't listen.  But, guess what?  You, the upset non-winning voter, have several options.

You can:
Vote again for the people who didn't win, in the next election.  (Suggest you read more between now and then, however.)
Contact the people who didn't win and tell them how upset you are.  (Not that it will help you in any way.)
Contact the people who did win and tell them upset you are and how they can make you feel better.  (Be prepared to provide more facts and less hyperbole.)

Dont forget: "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." (Winston Churchill, from a House of Commons speech on Nov. 11, 1947)

Foxhound said:
I know I'm not supposed to feed trolls, however this stood out.

But you see, Apple, they have heard our voices, and they are doing their best at doing what we told them to do.  It's called an election.

Here's how that works:  We need someone to run the day-to-day operations of the country, so some people tell us to vote for them, then they tell us why we should vote for them, then they tell us why we should not vote for the other people.  Whoever gets the most votes gets to do what they told us they were going to do.  Then they do it.

If the winners don't do the things the other people in the election said they would do, then the people who voted for the people who didn't win tend to get upset and yell about how the government doesn't listen.  But, guess what?  You, the upset non-winning voter, have several options.

You can:
Vote again for the people who didn't win, in the next election.  (Suggest you read more between now and then, however.)
Contact the people who didn't win and tell them how upset you are.  (Not that it will help you in any way.)
Contact the people who did win and tell them upset you are and how they can make you feel better.  (Be prepared to provide more facts and less hyperbole.)

Dont forget: "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." (Winston Churchill, from a House of Commons speech on Nov. 11, 1947)

I agree with everything you said, except the first premise that the politicians run the day to day operations of the country. Actually it is the unelected bureaucracy that takes care of the day to day issues of keeping the country going. The elected Members set policy and create the laws around which the country functions.

cupper said:
I agree with everything you said, except the first premise that the politicians run the day to day operations of the country. Actually it is the unelected bureaucracy that takes care of the day to day issues of keeping the country going. The elected Members set policy and create the laws around which the country functions.

Wholeheartedly agree.  I should have made that clearer.

The regime attempts to gain control by cutting off the Internet:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099549/Iran-government-cuts-internet-access-hardline-regime-makes-stand.html

Iran government cuts off internet access as hardline regime makes a stand

By John Hutchinson

Last updated at 9:01 PM on 10th February 2012

Iran has demonstrated further evidence of its strict regime after the government cut internet links leaving millions without email and social networks.

Interestingly, the shutdown comes at a time when inhabitants are preparing to celebrate the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic Revolution, with rumours of anti-government protests also planned.

But some internet boffins are rising above the crackdown, and accessing the web by using proxy servers over VPN connections.

Gmail, Google and Yahoo are all thought to have been restricted, and users have been unable to log in to their online banking.

'The interesting thing is that when asked, they deny the fact that all these services are all blocked,' an Iranian contacted by CNET said.

'I don't know the the infrastructure that they will use but I don't think we have a way out of that one.

'We are getting closer and closer to North Korea.'

Blanket ban: Internet users in Iran are again facing an outage as the government tries to crack down on any opposition

Blanket ban: Internet users in Iran are again facing an outage as the government tries to crack down on any opposition

Only last month, Mail Online reported how two Iranian bloggers had been captured and set to be executed, accused of 'spreading corruption' ahead of the parliamentary elections.

Four journalist were also arrested as Tehran cracked down on freedom of expression - much to the dismay of the Western world.

Also last month, the country's Information Minister announced plans for a goverment-run intranet, giving the state the upper hand in its cyber-battle with opponents.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099549/Iran-government-cuts-internet-access-hardline-regime-makes-stand.html#ixzz1m3H5GmAd

Almost all of the elements for a nuclear Iran are in place. The number of options are rapidly diminishing for those who oppose a nuclear Iran and especially a nuclear theocratic regime:

http://pjmedia.com/blog/breaking-irans-fordow-nuke-plant-now-fully-operational/?print=1

Breaking: Iran’s ‘Fordow’ Nuke Plant Now Fully Operational
Posted By Reza Kahlili On February 12, 2012 @ 9:37 pm In Uncategorized | 33 Comments

According to Mehr News Agency, sources within Iran revealed [1] that there will be an announcement in a few days that the previously secret nuclear site, the Fordow nuclear enrichment facility, is now fully operational and enriching uranium at a 20% level.

The world learned about the existence of this site in 2009 when the Iranians disclosed it to the IAEA right before President Obama, Prime Minister Gordon Brown of the United Kingdom, and President Nicolas Sarkozy of France made statements at the G-20 summit in Pittsburg that referenced the secret Iranian site.

The site is built deep into a mountain on a Revolutionary Guards’ base near the city of Qom.

The Iranian leaders had intended to transfer much of their low-enriched uranium stock from Natanz to Fordow and to start the process of enrichment at a much higher level with protection against any attack.

It is reported that the site cannot be destroyed even with the current bunker-buster bombs kept in the U.S. military’s arsenal.

It should be noted that the Fordow facility can only house 3,000 centrifuges, and is therefore useless for providing fuel for a nuclear power plant. The only purpose is for clandestine use or for making a nuclear bomb. It is also important to note that enriching uranium to the 20% level is 9/10 of the way to weaponization.

Iran currently has enough enriched uranium for six nuclear bombs and continues its illicit nuclear activities despite four different sets of UN sanctions already in place.

On Saturday, marking the anniversary of Iran’s 1979 Islamic revolution, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad promised to announce important news within days on the Iranian nuclear program. At the same time, the Iranian foreign minister, Ali Akbar Salehi, stated [2] that Iran is ready for the worst-case scenario in its confrontation with the West over its nuclear program.

Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei, during his recent Friday prayer sermon, called Israel “a cancerous tumor that should and will be cut [3],” and warned the U.S. that any aggression will result in a response ten times greater on America.

As reported recently [4], the Iranians not only have received intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) technology from China and are working with North Korea on assembling the missiles, but they also have succeeded in completing the component for a nuclear bomb trigger [5], overcoming a major obstacle in obtaining the bomb.

Reza Kahlili [6] is a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and the author of the award winning book, A Time to Betray [7]. He is a senior Fellow with EMPact America [8] and teaches at the U.S. Department of Defense’s Joint Counterintelligence Training Academy (JCITA).

Article printed from PJ Media: http://pjmedia.com

URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/blog/breaking-irans-fordow-nuke-plant-now-fully-operational/

URLs in this post:

[1] sources within Iran revealed: http://www.mehrnews.com/en/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=1532512
[2] Ali Akbar Salehi, stated: http://www.mehrnews.com/en/newsdetail.aspx?NewsID=1531611
[3] a cancerous tumor that should and will be cut: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/world/jan-june12/iran1_02-03.html
[4] As reported recently: http://atimetobetray.com/blog/china-is-helping-to-arm-iran-and-sidestep-sanctions-thanks-to-an-assist-from-north-korea/
[5] completing the component for a nuclear bomb trigger: http://atimetobetray.com/blog/countdown-irans-finger-on-nuclear-trigger/
[6] Reza Kahlili: http://atimetobetray.com/
[7] A Time to Betray: http://www.amazon.com/Time-Betray-Astonishing-Double-Revolutionary/dp/143918903X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267629519&sr=1-1
[8] EMPact America: http://empactamerica.org/

Iran cuts oil exports to six European nations, says state TV
Published 21 minutes ago
Article Link
Associated Press

TEHRAN- Iranian state TV says Tehran has cut oil exports to six European countries in response to European Union sanctions, which include a boycott of new oil contracts with Iran.

No details were immediately made available on the Press TV report Wednesday, including which six nations were affected by the decision.

The move comes days after Iran’s oil minister, Rostam Qassemi, said Tehran could cut off oil exports to “hostile” European nations as tensions rise over the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program.

Iran argues that the EU oil embargo will not cripple its economy, claiming that the country already has identified new customers. European sales account for about 18 per cent of Iran’s total crude exports.
end

Yep makes perfect sense.

You won't buy our oil because we want to build a nuke, so in retaliation, we're not going to sell you the oil that you won't buy.

:facepalm:

I think the article is right in that the leadership is playing to a domestic audience....unrest is increasing, Ahmadinejad is putting pressure on the corrupt clergy, and they are trying again to create an outside threat to gather the fold in in support of Iran.............anyone remember the cake made of Yellow Cake?

Aggressive Acts by Iran Signal Pressure on Its Leadership
By SCOTT SHANE and ROBERT F. WORTH  February 15, 2012
Article Link

WASHINGTON — A string of aggressive gestures by Iran this week — assassination attempts on Israelis living abroad that were attributed to Tehran, renewed posturing over its nuclear program and fresh threats of economic retaliation — suggest that Iranian leaders are responding frantically, and with increasing unpredictability, to the tightening of sanctions by the West.

As investigators unearthed new evidence implicating Iran in the attacks this week in Thailand, India and Georgia, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran announced Wednesday what he said was his country’s latest nuclear advance, and Iran’s Oil Ministry threatened to pre-empt a European oil embargo by cutting off sales to six countries there.

“These are all facets of the same message,” said Muhammad Sahimi, an analyst and professor at the University of Southern California. “Iran is saying, ‘If you hit us, we will hit back, and we are not going to sacrifice our nuclear program.’ ”

The flurry of Iranian actions and statements comes as Western governments are watching closely for signs of Iran’s reaction to the tougher sanctions they have imposed. But the intentions of Iran’s divided leadership are notoriously difficult to divine, and even as Mr. Ahmadinejad declared defiantly that “the era of bullying nations has passed,” another Iranian official said Tehran was ready for new talks on the nuclear issue.

The European Union’s foreign policy chief, Catherine Ashton, confirmed on Wednesday that she had received a reply from a top Iranian official responding to her invitation to negotiations over the future of its nuclear program. Iran’s Al Alam television said the country had offered to “hold new talks over its nuclear program in a constructive way.”

American officials reacted with caution to the reported offer to talk and said they saw little substance in either the oil threat or Mr. Ahmadinejad’s announcement that Iran had new centrifuges able to enrich uranium more quickly. The Iranian president was shown on live television overseeing the loading of what was described as an Iranian-made fuel rod into a research reactor and declaring that “the arrogant powers cannot monopolize nuclear technology. They tried to prevent us by issuing sanctions and resolutions but failed.”

Victoria Nuland, the State Department spokeswoman, said that Mr. Ahmadinejad’s remarks appeared “calibrated mostly for a domestic audience.”
More on link

cupper said:
You should seek immediate medical attention, as it is obvious the volitile solutes you have been exposed to during your time on the oil sands has seriously diminished your capacity to formulate a coherent argument, sentence or thought.

Now back to our original programming, already in progress.

OMG, Apple is a political science major?  Attending university somehere.?.  How the hell did he get admitted with sentence structure and spelling like that?  I can only imagine what sort of summer job he has in the oilsands, survey crew comes to mind, for a couple of reasons.  And really, Big Oil can't be that bad, they are helping him get his @ss through school.  I don't usually slag anybody but really?  This kid needs a severe dose of reality.  He is welcome to his views but man are they ever out there.

Global clearinghouse ready to evict Iranian banks
By Anne Gearan and Slobodan Lekic Associated Press Friday, February 17, 2012
Article Link

BRUSSELS — An international banking clearinghouse crucial to Iran’s oil sales said Friday that it is preparing to discontinue services to Iranian financial institutions, an unprecedented and potentially devastating blow to Tehran as the West ramps up a campaign to stop its nuclear program.

The statement by the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, known as SWIFT, suggests that the European Union — under pressure from Washington — is close to approving regulations that will require the Brussels-based hub to evict Iranian institutions from its ranks.

Some U.S. lawmakers are pushing for sanctions on SWIFT itself if it keeps up its services to Iran. SWIFT lawyers were coming to Washington next week for meetings with Congress, and Friday’s announcement was widely seen as a way to head off that action.

The Obama administration wants to see Iran barred from using the financial pass-through, which is used by virtually every nation in the world and overseen by major central banks, but it has no direct leverage. Washington was keen to see Europe act first, or to have SWIFT act on its own.

A U.S. Treasury Department official, speaking on condition of anonymity because SWIFT’s action is still pending, said that the U.S. welcomes the move. The official said the U.S. will continue to urge the EU to act quickly.

Mark Dubowitz, an Iran sanctions expert advising the Obama administration, said an EU directive to SWIFT is expected within a few weeks.

More than 40 Iranian banks and institutions use SWIFT to process financial transactions, and losing access to that flow of international funds could badly damage the Islamic republic’s economy. It would also probably hurt average Iranians more than the welter of existing banking sanctions already in place since prices for household goods would rise while the value of Iranian currency would drop
More on link

Can Iran bypass this through China and/or Russia? Money laundering?

Top Gun, Iran style.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W53rJGzrViI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh9RkKBZYX8&feature=related

Back