• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran Super Thread- Merged

Sounds like Iran hired Hells Angels from B.C. to run out political dissidents in the US.

I am not shocked at this revelation but I am guessing some diplomats and others are wetting their knickers over this.

I'm surprised any organized crime group would sanction this hit. Seems to me getting involved in transnational political assassinations would bring about a different kind of heat in addition to the normal police/LE heat generated from typical organized crime related criminal activity such as drug/human trafficking.

Maybe it wasn't ok'd...

I'm surprised any organized crime group would sanction this hit. Seems to me getting involved in transnational political assassinations would bring about a different kind of heat in addition to the normal police/LE heat generated from typical organized crime related criminal activity such as drug/human trafficking.

Maybe it wasn't ok'd...
They are not forward strategical thinkers - 350 K for a hit? Yeah that would make up their minds.

Criminals for the most part are not big thinkers.

Maybe it wasn't ok'd...
They may not have asked many questions. In any case, Damion Ryan is a true piece of shit, and a full patch HA. Not a lot of constraints on those cats if the money's right. He's been living on borrowed time for years through BC's gang war... He's very well known to police who work major organized crime stuff.

The thin line between bravery and foolishness.

A heroine.

It's a very thin line indeed...so thin that I, personally, am having a hard time determining which this is.

She seems like a competent young woman who I'm sure has a million better things to do than sit in prison, again & again, and have her future put in jeopardy because of criminal records.

Her initial 'crime' was reporting that a 15yo girl had been beaten to death at the hands of the morality police (talk about an oxymoron, holy cow) - and since being arrested for reporting that awful tragedy, she's done nothing but give the regime a big middle finger

Personally, I'll give her props for being exceptionally brave!

The US does over telegraph its moves. The Israeli method is better, hit hard and without notice. That puts your opponent at a disadvantage.

The US does over telegraph its moves. The Israeli method is better, hit hard and without notice. That puts your opponent at a disadvantage.
I think telegraphing the strikes was the point in this case. They needed to strike back (be seen to strike back) but wanted to balance that with not triggering an escalation that would see something like Hezbollah retaliating against Israel with massive rocket attacks or Iran getting up to mischief in the Straight of Hormuz. We'll have to wait and see how this all unfolds.

I think telegraphing the strikes was the point in this case. They needed to strike back (be seen to strike back) but wanted to balance that with not triggering an escalation that would see something like Hezbollah retaliating against Israel with massive rocket attacks or Iran getting up to mischief in the Straight of Hormuz. We'll have to wait and see how this all unfolds.
Break a bunch of stuff; don’t kill too many high rankers. The scale of the strikes is very significant; I don’t think the U.S. has ever hit Iran or its proxies this hard before. But, they’ve also carefully avoided striking Iranian soil. A very measured and deliberate response. The U.S. has also said this isn’t over and will hit when and where they feel necessary.

Break a bunch of stuff; don’t kill too many high rankers. The scale of the strikes is very significant; I don’t think the U.S. has ever hit Iran or its proxies this hard before. But, they’ve also carefully avoided striking Iranian soil. A very measured and deliberate response. The U.S. has also said this isn’t over and will hit when and where they feel necessary.

World Cup No GIF by Degree Men

Once you get into the habit of responding to attacks with unannounced strikes, people understand very quickly where the line is. Israel issues warnings, but brief and vague. The US over does it, leading to a reduced effect.

The Warzone has a good article on the strikes including videos of possible attacks.

Not many nations can self-deploy halfway around the globe and conduct precision strike on mass and be back home the next day…

[LTGEN] Sims said the B-1 bombers participating in the strike "flew in a single non-stop flight" from the U.S., "all of that enhanced by our Transportation Command and our ability to gas and go along the way."

This kind of bullshit posturing really pissed me off.

Iraq as a sovereign nation was almost brought to it knees because a foreign power (ISIS) was allowed to foment within Syria and Iraq, and it was only the intervention of western powers that brought Iraq back from the brink of disaster.

Now, another malignant foreign power, this time Iran, has been allowed to spread and fester throughout Iraq and the Levant. So, I'm sorry Iraq, do you want the West's help to prevent this from boiling over into another hostile takeover from within, or do you want to become a vassal for the Iranian regime?

Screenshot_20240203_113049_BBC News.jpg

Back