• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

is st.jean a canadian forces base?

Frederik G said:
Another question regarding St Jean... why the hell is it called "USS St Jean" and "USS Montreal" in some forms? Shouldn't it be CFB Montreal or something similar?

Its the french version of "ASU"

Just like Chilliwack is refered to as ASU Chilliwack

Stands for "Unitee de Support de Secteur"

That is just to confuse our American friends.  They may land up looking for a ship in lieu of a Base, with water being the largest ingredient missing.

aesop081 said:

Ooooh, now I feel dumb. Even more than I did five minutes ago.

George, that's a good idea... Maybe the Americans are as dumb as I feel right now, eh?

ctjj.stevenson said:
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu is quite a military city. It has the ASU St-Jean which is part of the CFB Montréal, and the old Collège militaire royal de St-Jean is still used by the Canadian Forces (now under the name Collège Fort St-Jean). Even though their is a lot of military personnel that still work and study at Fort St-Jean, civilians have a better access to it then we do. During my Lieutenant Qualification Course that I just finished with RCIS(E), we should have had access to the Officers' Mess of the campus, however, civilans had always rented it, and therefore, all the snotties of the RMC and the CIC officers had to go to the NCO's mess (les Forges). During the whole course, we only had access to the officers' mess on two occassions - during our course mess dinner (and their was a weeding reception at the same time), and after the graduation parade at 1600 hours the next day.

Good day!

Get used to it.....now that NPF has control of stuff like this, it's out of the military's hands.  I understand how frustrating it can be at times, but it is now a way of life......so instead of blaming civvies, rmc/cic cadets, was there anything proactive you did about the situation.....or just sit back and complain?

andpro said:
Not only is it dead I am pretty sure it is not owned by DND anymore. If DND did own it, they would have to put a crap-load of money into it. Not worth it all.

Cornwallis is still owned by DND, they have the peace keeping center there. as well the Navy Cadets use it during the summer for training.

IceBlue said:
Cornwallis is still owned by DND, they have the peace keeping center there. as well the Navy Cadets use it during the summer for training.

The Pearson Peacekeeping Centre is not owned nor operated by DND or the CF.

kincanucks said:
The Pearson Peacekeeping Centre is not owned nor operated by DND or the CF.

not sure on that one it could be my mistake, but the Cadets do still train there

IceBlue said:
not sure on that one it could be my mistake, but the Cadets do still train there

We are both, sort of, right.

The Centre is funded by the Government of Canada through the Department of National Defence (DND), Foreign Affairs Canada (FAC) and the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).

http://www.peaceoperations.org/en/home.asp

brad16 said:
no its a ASU :cdn:

Guess for your first post you didnt bother to read the thread...........post number one...WELL DONE !!!  ::)

Quote from: Frederik G on June 18, 2005, 10:57:13
Another question regarding St Jean... why the hell is it called "USS St Jean" and "USS Montreal" in some forms? Shouldn't it be CFB Montreal or something similar?

Back