• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Issued Tac Vest

Should we go with Tac Vest or Old Style Webbing or MOLLE/PAL or nothing

• Tac Vest

Votes: 58 40.6%
  • Webbing

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Molle, Pal, Custom

Votes: 68 47.6%
  • nothing

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • webbing?

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters

McGowan

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering, when do you get ISSUED your tac vest.thanks,
Liam

Depends if you're reg force or reserve, I'd imagine. I'm in 3 PPCLI and we got ours over a year ago. As far as I know, all regular force infantry battalions have theirs.

Is it an exchange when you receive one for the 82 pattern webbing?   or are you able to keep that as well?   thanks,  (rumours say we in North ON are getting them soon)

Hopefully soon for you guys in 8 FER.

Most of the guys I see in Jefferson Armouries now have theirs.

Got mine in Sept.

I haven't handed back my webbing yet, we've been told to wait out on that.

Kirkpatrick said:
Is it an exchange when you receive one for the 82 pattern webbing?   or are you able to keep that as well?   thanks,   (rumours say we in North ON are getting them soon)

Kirkpatrick,

Where in NorOnt are you?  We got ours in Sept (33 Bde complete)...

Blake

We're in North-Western ON, in 38 Brigade (part of LFWA, that probably explains the difference)

Kirkpatrick said:
Is it an exchange when you receive one for the 82 pattern webbing?   or are you able to keep that as well?   thanks,   (rumours say we in North ON are getting them soon)

We did a one for one in 31 CBG.  I have heard of others whom didn't have to return their 82 pat, but it sounds like it's supposed to be a 1 for 1.  We did get to keep our butt packs (why, I don't know.)

You know that strap on the butt pack that's been wrapped up in electrical tape for as long as you can remember? The theory is that when you're wearing the ruck, the butt pack is either supposed to be inside the ruck, or slung over your shoulder with the strap, as such, the tac vest replaced the webbing with the except of the butt pack. The new small pack system is supposed to be the replacement for the butt pack.

No argument there, simply offering an explanation as to why you had to turn in the webbing sans butt pack.

I know, I turned mine in regardless.  One more piece of kit, that I have absolutley no use for to lose.

For reference purposes, I once read the pam on the rucksack. I tried taking a shower after, but I just couldn't make the dirt come off ;)

Oh, and as a complete hijacking of the thread, out of curiosity, is there any "good" way to attach a nuke bag to the ruck? Despite the fact that I'm generally mounted, I'm always looking for better ways to fit out my ruck.

Just a Sig Op said:
Oh, and as a complete hijacking of the thread, out of curiosity, is there any "good" way to attach a nuke bag to the ruck? Despite the fact that I'm generally mounted, I'm always looking for better ways to fit out my ruck.

Attaching it to the snow shoe straps on the current one works.  I carry a jump ruck though, and find it can be strapped around the valise.

hijacked....that is okay, I found the info I needed....do engineers get them?!

well, we got outfitted tonight with tac-vests finally - only had to turn in our magazine pouches and bayonet frog to CQ, and are already figuring up new and inventive ways to make up for the lack of a butt pack.

Strap it to the right side of your vest. Ya know where ya strap on your gas mask?  Thoose little tab things are on the other side too :)

Back