• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jetstream - The Series

For those who dont know the difference :

Land as soon as possible:

Continued flight is not recomended. The aircraft should land at the first site at which a safe landing can be made.

Land as soon as practicable :

Extended flight is not recomended. The landing site and flight duration are at the discretion of the aircraft captain.

Ref : C-12-140-000/MB-001 CP-140 Aircraft Operating Instructions

SupersonicMax said:
Did you army types liked hands in the pockets, chewing gum and the comment about different types of warriors ;)

Max

Ha
Actually I did enjoy the differnt types of warrior comment.He darn well knew he wouldnt surive on the ground "sneaking in the woods" like I do... And I can darn well promise you if I was spun at 5 G I would be screaming(if I could breath)and vomiting all over the place. Plus missing a word...reminds me of gunnery(blaaah)...and lets just say I like A)B)C)or D)All the above type questions.

Differnt types of warriors for sure,much respect goes out to them.

Quick question, I know the airforce is less "uniform" then say the army. And aircrew is especially less uniform, different patches in the same squadrons, different style nametags, different style wings, 2pc vs 1pc flight suits, different generations and materials of jackets.

But now is there a reason they wear red, blue, and white tshirts at 410.. or is it just a "lets make it look more like TopGun for the cameras?

Since I haven't seen many fast-air types running around this site, I'll jump in here with what I believe might be the answer.

Right now dress regs state that we (AF types) should all wear blue t-shirts.  As for 410, the blue t-shirst were probably just coming in at that time.  So the red shirts would have been worn by those members of the Sqn proper.  The students are just that and so would have not had the "right" to wear a red t, hence the white shirt.

inferno said:
Quick question, I know the airforce is less "uniform" then say the army. And aircrew is especially less uniform, different patches in the same squadrons, different style nametags, different style wings, 2pc vs 1pc flight suits, different generations and materials of jackets.

But now is there a reason they wear red, blue, and white tshirts at 410.. or is it just a "lets make it look more like TopGun for the cameras?

I heard that red, blue and white had a signification.  Blue were for Standards officers (those who do the flight tests), red for line instructors and white for students. That way, by a simple look, you know who you are faced with.

Max

SupersonicMax said:
I heard that red, blue and white had a signification.  Blue were for Standards officers (those who do the flight tests), red for line instructors and white for students. That way, by a simple look, you know who you are faced with.

I dont see how people could mistake anyone for someone they are not. No other OTU in this country seems to have a problem differentiating between students, instructors and standards personel.

CDN Aviator said:
I dont see how people could mistake anyone for someone they are not. No other OTU in this country seems to have a problem differentiating between students, instructors and standards personel.

CDN Aviator, why do airforce have olive green flight suits and army as relish uniforms?  That's identity purposes.  That's the way it was in MJ before the blue shirts.  I assume it was the same kind of deal at 410.

Max

SupersonicMax said:
CDN Aviator, why do airforce have olive green flight suits and army as relish uniforms?  That's identity purposes.  That's the way it was in MJ before the blue shirts.  I assume it was the same kind of deal at 410.

Max

Well shit...i guess i dont know anything then  ::)

Since 410 has gone to blue shirts, how the heck do they manage to get any training done ?

I have been to basic aircrew training, the OTU and now 3 years of operational flying and i have never needed a coloured t-shirt to know who was who.

And my flightsuit isnt green so the army guys know what i do.

SupersonicMax said:
CDN Aviator, why do airforce have olive green flight suits and army as relish uniforms?  That's identity purposes.

That is not the real reason, but it does create an environment where identity is easily made.  Politics was the major/real reason, but that is a whole different ball of wax, and a derailment of this topic. 

SupersonicMax said:
That's the way it was in MJ before the blue shirts.  I assume it was the same kind of deal at 410.

There is that "ASSUME" word........We all know what that makes.   ;D

SupersonicMax said:
CDN Aviator, why do airforce have olive green flight suits and army as relish uniforms? 

Wait for it.... CADPAT 2 piece is in the system.

Everyone at MJ is now sporting blue t-shirts - some die hards may still be wearing red shirts - that is for the WCWO to sort out.

Zoomie said:
Wait for it.... CADPAT 2 piece is in the system.

However will we ever know whos in the army and the AF then ?

The horror

::)

CDN Aviator said:

The horror

::)

God, you really can't understand what I mean.  Why do we have a blue DEU and the Army a green?  Why do we have different shoulder patches?  Why do I have a different patch than my friends in an other flight?  Do I really need a patch to tell they are in an other flight?

CDN Aviator said:

Big waistlines and long hair?..........................Hey, I'm just trying to help here. :-*

SupersonicMax said:
God, you really can't understand what I mean.  Why do we have a blue DEU and the Army a green?  Why do we have different shoulder patches?  Why do I have a different patch than my friends in an other flight?  Do I really need a patch to tell they are in an other flight?

Different colours are for parades...simple as that - there is absolutely no functional reason for blue/green/black.  Operators wear operational clothing - form follows function.  If you have the possibility of becoming foot-borne and having to "shoot, move, communicate", you will appreciate looking as much like your Army brethren as possible, hence why aviators will be moving to the 2-pc CADPAT flying suit in the near future.  If you don't like it, just make sure you don't flunk out of Cold Lake.

Canuck aviators will look very similar to our brothers to the South (CADPAT variant vs. A2CU)

G2G

Good2Golf said:
Different colours are for parades...simple as that - there is absolutely no functional reason for blue/green/black.  Operators wear operational clothing - form follows function.  If you have the possibility of becoming foot-borne and having to "shoot, move, communicate", you will appreciate looking as much like your Army brethren as possible, hence why aviators will be moving to the 2-pc CADPAT flying suit in the near future.  If you don't like it, just make sure you don't flunk out of Cold Lake.

Canuck aviators will look very similar to our brothers to the South (CADPAT variant vs. A2CU)

G2G

G2G, I'm not saying I don't like it.  I'm trying to explain why would aircrew in MJ would use Red/White/Blue t-shirts under the flying suit.  Some seem to say it's something that would warrant Crucifixion.  I'm just trying to make the point that people like to have a feeling of "apartenance" towards their unit, and it was a way to do that.

Max

Good2Golf said:
... If you have the possibility of becoming foot-borne and having to "shoot, move, communicate", A2CU)

G2G

- And here all along I though that jet fighters also "shoot, move, communicate".

;D

- Frau: "Do you think the girl will make it?"
- TCBF: "If she hadn't, it wouldn't be on TV."

8)

SupersonicMax said:
G2G, I'm not saying I don't like it.  I'm trying to explain why would aircrew in MJ would use Red/White/Blue t-shirts under the flying suit.  Some seem to say it's something that would warrant Crucifixion.  I'm just trying to make the point that people like to have a feeling of "apartenance" towards their unit, and it was a way to do that.

Max

They shouldn't.  CANAIRGEN directs all to wear the standard dark blue t-shirt.  If you don't, you're not clicking your heels to CAS' direction.

G2G

Good2Golf said:
They shouldn't.  CANAIRGEN directs all to wear the standard dark blue t-shirt.  If you don't, you're not clicking your heels to CAS' direction.

G2G

They don't anymore.  They did before the blue shirt was issued.

Max

Back