• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2009 BMQ

Congrats Gary!  I'll see you and everyone else on the 27th.  I'm probably going to show up at around 5 or 6pm.

congrats Gary !! see you there  :)
Gary D. in SK said:
Finally it is all official.  I recieved my offer on July 9th, I swear in, in what is going to be a non cerimonial private meeting at CFRC Calgary July 23rd and start BMQ in St. Jean on the 27th.

They took quite some time sorting out my PLAR, and in the end are offering me my 3's providing I can demonstrate proficiency in a couple of areas.

I'm now on vacation on the coast and will be home on the 18th to get my stuff packed up and papework etc. in order, then back to Calgary and then off to BMQ.  That will be one hectic couple of days.

Alrighty, DanS., see you there as well.

So far...,
myself, coddex, Nedep, Kenada, Tulach Ard, and DanS.

will be on the 20th BMQ.

Thermal said:
Alrighty, DanS., see you there as well.

So far...,
myself, coddex, Nedep, Kenada, Tulach Ard, and DanS.

will be on the 20th BMQ.

Looking forward to it!

Swore in yesterday guys and gals.  Anybody else on R0270E?

Lil_T said:
Swore in yesterday guys and gals.  Anybody else on R0270E?

I have to ask since I see most everyone else's course numbers start with R. Mine doesnt, is that normal or am I to assume there is an R in front? What is written on my sheet is: 0268E  Thats it.
I am not overly concerned, the only reason I ask is for an address when my family writes from home. I would hope that the mail carriers can figure out my course number without the R...? If not, shall I simply stick an R in?

Tulach Ard said:
I have to ask since I see most everyone else's course numbers start with R. Mine doesnt, is that normal or am I to assume there is an R in front? What is written on my sheet is: 0268E  Thats it.
I am not overly concerned, the only reason I ask is for an address when my family writes from home. I would hope that the mail carriers can figure out my course number without the R...? If not, shall I simply stick an R in?

On the C.F.L.R.S. instruction paper, it says...

Mailing address:
In order to ensure prompt delivery of your mail, ensure your family and friends employ the following address:

Service number
Rank, name and initials
Course title, course and platoon number
CFLRS St-Jean Garrison
C.P. 100, Succ Bureau-Chef
Richelain (Quebec)
J0J 1R0

I was wondering the same too, about the course number formality. My number says 0268E as well.
Maybe "R" in front simply means, recruit training class? as my paper says RCT TRG 0268E in full. But I'm pretty sure, just by stating 0268E, people at CFLRS mailing room will know where it should go. Maybe, we can ask about that on Sunday, Tulach Ard. (hopefully without getting yelled at for asking un-necessary question, LOL)

See you there Fuzzy!  ;D

as to why there's an R in front of my course - no idea.  it's what's on my message.

Thermal said:
On the C.F.L.R.S. instruction paper, it says...

Oh trust me I know what that sheet says, about memorized the whole damn booklet. I think it should be okay. Speaking of booklet...have you guys all done your Autobiographies?

Tulach Ard said:
...have you guys all done your Autobiographies?

Yup, but most likely, our instructor(s) will make us re-write them (for un-aided writing skill). keep a copy of your original(as a reference) in case.  >:D

Tulach Ard said:
I think it should be okay.

It IS ok......you are going, you are assigned to a course. Stop fucking disecting everything as if it was life and death information.

Jesus wept......

Lil_T said:
See you there Fuzzy!  ;D

as to why there's an R in front of my course - no idea.  it's what's on my message.

IIRC, the *R* stands for Recruit, meaning it is a BMQ serial.  The *E* at the end means it is an English serial, or *F* for a french serial. 

I think (its been a few years now since I was Staff up there at the Mega, so I could be wrong or it could have changed) the IAP courses start with *I*, the BOTP courses start with *B*.

So, you can see the pattern here :p

Tulach Ard said:

I am assuming you have seen, and know, the mailing address format while at CFLRS.

Mailing address:
In order to ensure prompt delivery of your mail, ensure your family and friends employ the following address:

Service number
Rank, name and initials
Course title, course and platoon number
CFLRS St-Jean Garrison
C.P. 100, Succ Bureau-Chef
Richelain (Quebec)
J0J 1R0

You CAN give them the info as you have it now, and then update Mommy and Daddy if it changes some.  Keep in mind, YOU are the only person with your service number, so as long as they get that right and the rest of it, it will make it to you.

Your staff will likely give you the correct mailing address on the first day or so, as I am sure someone else will question the mailing address format, despite it being right in the JIs...

WRT the mail.  I was wondering what sort of guidelines there were.  Letters only?  Can we receive small packages?  I don't want to give anyone the green light to send something if I'm not supposed to receive it.  Know what I mean?

Lil_T said:
WRT the mail.  I was wondering what sort of guidelines there were.  Letters only?  Can we receive small packages?  I don't want to give anyone the green light to send something if I'm not supposed to receive it.  Know what I mean?

You might need to check with the RC.

CDN Aviator said:
It IS ok......you are going, you are assigned to a course. Stop fucking disecting everything as if it was life and death information.

Jesus wept......

With all do respect, have you never gone into a completely new situation before with many questions? Sheesh I asked a harmless question, one that I am not overly concerned about. A simple, KIND, answer would suffice. Thank you.

Eye In The Sky said:
I am assuming you have seen, and know, the mailing address format while at CFLRS.

Yes I have, and memorized it actually. I do realize only I have my service number. But when some things to do with the military are SO picky, it makes us newbies assume EVERYTHING is utterly nitpicked. Thanks for the info, it always helps=)

Hmmm, 2 more days to go...

I feel a bit nervous, but my good friend told me that being nervous is good - It means I'll do my best to excel.

Packed all my stuff nicely in my bag, ready to go.
Vancouver was a nice city. I will miss this place.

@Tulach Ard, looking forward to meet you in person at the airport.  :)

Back