• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

With a different leader/party in government I would have seen an excellent opportunity to re-open the Keystone XL pipeline project and the Energy East pipeline.

An agreement to meet our NATO commitment of 2% of GDP (and agreement to take part in the US BMD program) as the carrot for the US combined with a major PR campaign to secure ethical North-American sourced oil and gas for the US and Canada while energy prices are soaring, Russian oil is taboo and President Biden is taking heat for looking to enemy states (and "supposed allies not acting like friends during this crisis" states) Iran, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and the UAE to take up the slack.

Sadly, this government never seems to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

believe that congress already tried this and the democrats shot it down in flames

after the midterms President Biden will not be dictating too many policies IMO

never understood the Energy East project what is the benefit of switching from NG to oil, we already need to get NG out from the west as it is and it is under similar price pressures and constraints as the oil

Getting new recruits without the means of equipping them is useless. It's a bigger problem than simply getting more recruits through the door, and don't even get me started on the lack of housing and accommodations on many bases.

Getting new recruits without the means of equipping them is useless. It's a bigger problem than simply getting more recruits through the door, and don't even get me started on the lack of housing and accommodations on many bases.
True but I think this also sends a signal our MND gives a crap, many of these issues are intertwinded and can't be tackled individually. The federal budget will be the big signal what direction we go.

Anand is a smart politician. She's also very savvy in how logistics can bog down the best of plans (amazing how much that has been discovered in the past 2 years.)

My bet is that by announcing a recruiting push, she is also hinting that the infrastructure and equipment to back those numbers are going to be forthcoming as well.

I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe this Russian action has shook the post modernist fairy tale world
JT’s breathy non-committal word-salads over in Europe should be enough of an indicator that it’ll be a cold day in Hell before there is any kind of mental shift in the current government’s thinking…

JT’s breathy non-committal word-salads over in Europe should be enough of an indicator that it’ll be a cold day in Hell before there is any kind of mental shift in the current government’s thinking…
I'm just spitballing here, but I think that if the Deputy PM had her way based on the current situation, we'd probably pull a Germany right now.

I'm just spitballing here, but I think that if the Deputy PM had her way based on the current situation, we'd probably pull a Germany right now.
Some say she is having a lot more pull in cabinet these days over Ukraine

Don't discount the possibility of a split appearing between Liberal Doves and Hawks.

IIRC that the German invasions of 1939/40 tore a few ruling governments apart over similar disagreements.

Which reminds me, I'll have to stock up on some fresh beer so I can be properly equipped to watch any potential upcoming internecine struggles!

That's certainly something to reflect on.

There, added a little history for you ;)

Don't worry, we have a new CDS lined up. He's most definitely not three Corporals in a trench coat.
latest

Yup. He is not hinting. He firmly intends to make an announcement....4 times over 2 years...with no commottment, no decisions, no output, no "deliverology".

Sigh.

If only we were a real country

Anand is a smart politician. She's also very savvy in how logistics can bog down the best of plans (amazing how much that has been discovered in the past 2 years.)

My bet is that by announcing a recruiting push, she is also hinting that the infrastructure and equipment to back those numbers are going to be forthcoming as well.
I’m just glad we don’t have the architect of Medusa as minister right now

Back