• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kev were can I get this rig

Scoobie Newbie

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Crye Armor
ilyq13.jpg

:o

edmon is a company that's selling multicam. they're site doesn't have this though. but I have seen that in the crye site before. not on there right now though.
gotta admit, that sure does look like a very slick rig. wouldn't mind having that in cadpat :D
Greg

I believe it's still in the developmental phase at Crye.   A cummerbund with be available, too, with a set up similiar to that of a CIRAS to allow for increased storage and side plates. 

I would be afraid to even go out and get that nice looking rig dirty! Must put a hole in your wallet when it comes out.

Guys you dont want to know the cost...

Matt Fisher and I talked about them -- but the cost was too scary even forme.

You have to go to Crye direct and send a copy of your REGULAR force ID card - or proof of Active reserve status (more applicable to US - but I guess a class C reservist overseas would count)

Contractors employed by US DoS and DoD can get them too - but require a letter from DoS.

hoist extraction system?

Even if you guys have the cash to buy one, would you be authorized to wear it in theatre?  I would assume there'd be drastic pension complications if you got wounded while wearing that thing....

*drool* so high speed - must spend mortgage payment on this.....

I thought I saw this rig while watching The National tonight on CBC. A Canadian Lieut. Col was wearing it in Iraq.
Go to www.cbc.ca - click on 'newscasts' and then - 'the national'. it should be within the first 10 minutes of the program.

Or just watch the video in this link
http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/12/14/iraqvote051214.html

Looks like a Tactical Tailor vest in the video.

Here is a little review of the crye armour. http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye3.html

I think the CF would have a hard time arguing it -- since it offers better protection from issue gear and hase been tested by HP White Labs...

IMHO Eagle CIRAS or Paraclete RAV are a more realistic setup -until the Crye comes down to a reasobale price.

Basically it would be about a months pay for a CF M/Cpl on Paratroop allowance.

GO!!! -- I can find you easier employment if you really want one  ;)  One that would only be a few days wages...

The interesting thing about this vest is that its body armour and load bearing....its supposed to allow ventalation around the torso. The cords that you see in photo are to adjust the load bearing and fit of system...its designed for increased survivablity on the battlefield both in ballistic protection and fatigue resistance. If your bodies able to cool itself properly it adds to stamina and of course felt trauma from a fragment strike. The outer shell is held away from the soldier by the inner supportive frame......this is all a evolution from the basic land warrior system. Ultimately it well be intergrated into a exoskeleton system.....................kinda wish santa would send me one. ;D 

Kev,

Who would I ask for the required paperworwork from the DoD to procure this?  I'm only curious right now and from the sounds of it it may be out of my  league (moneywise).  

Stay safe
DFW2T

DFW2T,

Not really sure -- at the time I was in the CF when I was looking into it -- after Cass's review I was really interested to get one -- MattF has the pricing I think still -- It made my blood cold.  I think they will sell to guys doing EPD for 3C, BW or DynCorp via a letter from the DSS RSO's office in either B-dad or Kabul -- that was the old info I had.

Maybe ask Crye -- I think they are mostly worried that the gear does NOT get into the hands of some airsofter -- so a DoD or DoS card scan may do, along with a letter from your project manager.

The only think I want to do is add side plates to my RAV then I will be happy - I'm saving for a house in Fla. so I promised myself no duplicate kit buys -- no matter how attractive they are.  (well if a M240G shows up here I will snatch that up for a "conversation piece"  ;) )

Cheers

KevinB said:
DFW2T,

Not really sure -- at the time I was in the CF when I was looking into it -- after Cass's review I was really interested to get one -- MattF has the pricing I think still -- It made my blood cold.   I think they will sell to guys doing EPD for 3C, BW or DynCorp via a letter from the DSS RSO's office in either B-dad or Kabul -- that was the old info I had.

Maybe ask Crye -- I think they are mostly worried that the gear does NOT get into the hands of some airsofter -- so a DoD or DoS card scan may do, along with a letter from your project manager.

The only think I want to do is add side plates to my RAV then I will be happy - I'm saving for a house in Fla. so I promised myself no duplicate kit buys -- no matter how attractive they are.   (well if a M240G shows up here I will snatch that up for a "conversation piece"   ;) )

Cheers
Copy that.....thanks a bunch
          DFW2T

CFL said:
Crye Armor
ilyq13.jpg

:o

I found a whole website on it...
http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye3.html

I guess it is modular - buy the vest and add all the pouches. As someone said it is Crye Precision, and the pouches are Emdom.

Crye Precision is updating their site - and the "Armour" section isn't up yet - but you may be able to find it at a reseller....

Back