• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Laptops in class?

RandyCrust

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm heading off to lovely Gagtown NB for my BMQ(land) and DP1 Arty next month.  Should I bring my laptop for notes and stuff or should I not bother if its not allowed in the class room.  Does anyone bring laptops to class/ course?

RandyCrust said:
I'm heading off to lovely Gagtown NB for my BMQ(land) and DP1 Arty next month.  Should I bring my laptop for notes and stuff or should I not bother if its not allowed in the class room.  Does anyone bring laptops to class/ course?

There should be no need for you to bring a laptop to any of your classes.  You will be provided with a pen, pencil and notebooks.  If there ever is a requirement for you to have a laptop in any course, DND will provide it.  In fact, for some Trades the bringing of any "electronic device; laptop, cell phone, memory stick, camera, etc. is absolutely forbiden.  BMQ (L) and DP1 Arty don't quite fall into those categories, but, again, there is no requirement for you to bring a laptop.........other than your enjoyment in the shack.

You will definitely want one for your off time (such as it is- mostly weekends). Don't expect to need or have it in class. However on weekends there are a few places easy enough to get to that have free wifi, and you'll want something to watch movies on.

Having gone through BMQ(L) and DP1 Arty you won't even be allowed to mention the fact that you own a laptop. Electronics in class of any sort other than what's provided (Which is none) are strictly forbidden! And unless the course has changed, I wouldn't expect any free time on the weekends to pull out your laptop and watch a movie. Good luck on course it's a rewarding career! UBIQUE!

Back