• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Left-hand shooter question

• Thread starter Thread starter Tigger
  • Start date Start date

Should there Be a rifle for Lefty shooters?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is why Reg force is good...because troops dont get the chance to forget these little things.

Caleix said:
this is why Reg force is good...because troops dont get the chance to forget these little things.

This has nothing to do with Reg Force.  This has to do with the proper Lesson Plans being taught correctly, and the Students paying attention to what is taught.

GO!!!,  Instead of trying to tear me apart in an online forum, you could have just given your opinion by saying "your wrong" which in a few more words is all I took from your reply anyways.  Thanks for your input.

Caleix said:
When I did SQ we were taught to use the Bi-pod as a hand grip with the C9 in the AA role and with the C6 (been a while since i used it) doesnt the Cocking handle fly back with every round fired...causing it to rip a hole in a lefty's chest?

Caleix

From the PAM for C-9 B-GL-385-002-PT-001 Chapter 2 Lesson 10 CLOSE QUARTER BATTLE AND ANTI-AIRCRAFT HANDLING:

Anti-Aircraft Drill.
a. The Position
(1) Kneeling. Hold the gun with the bipod legs folded and kneel on the right
knee, which should be pushed well out to the right. Rest the butt on the
thigh
(2) The standing position may be used. This is similar to the CQB position
with the head kept well back.

Snowy91 said:
GO!!!,  Instead of trying to tear me apart in an online forum, you could have just given your opinion by saying "your wrong" which in a few more words is all I took from your reply anyways.  Thanks for your input.

A wee bit testy are we? Grow a thick skin other wise you won't last long in the CF

Also from you previous posts it seems that you aren't even DP1 Infantry qualified you might want to listen to what others that have years of experience in Forces have to say.

Nothing more to read here..... Carry on....

Snowy91 said:
GO!!!,  Instead of trying to tear me apart ripping my lying a$$ apart in an online forum, you could have just given your opinion factual statements, substantiated by experience and documentationby saying "your wrong" which in a few more words is all I took from your reply anyways. 

OK.

It is painfully obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about. If you have nothing constructive to add to a conversation, don't add anything. In this case, you are not familiar with the operation of basic service weapons, and yet want your claims that you are "infantry" to be taken at face value.

It cheapens this whole site when people like you make assertations that they are soldiers, and are later unable to tell which side of a machine gun ejected brass comes out of. That's our bread and butter - if nothing else, we have to know our weapons!

I stand by my earlier statement that you sir, are either a liar, with no real CF experience, or you are a woefully incompetent infantryman.

Thanks for your input.
No problem, anytime, come back soon. :-*

Yes GO!!! is in fact that way in person too  ;D

I dont mean to defend Snowy here... but.....

i'm a lefty, and ive fired the C9 from the (left) shoulder (standing/kneeling) many times... and as was mentioned before link is ejected out the right... basicly i tend to get a blast of link with every burst (i have short arms so my right arm is fairly straight, and close to side of the weapon while firing) so after a few (many many many) boxes up and down the Mattawa (I hate Mod 6) my bicep takes a good shit kicking.... 

i think Snowy is hiding his "girly factor" by saying "they taught me this way" rather then taking the bumps and bruises that come with the infantry...
hell i dont even know if he even said hes a lefty.... on that note...

Gentlemen, Reference Snowy, Rapid Rate GO ON!!!!!!!!!

Hey I just have a quick question, are there left handed rifles at basic training or are they all right handed?

2002toyota said:
Hey I just have a quick question, are there left handed rifles at basic training or are they all right handed?

The C7A2 Rifle is an ambidextrous rifle, you can fire left or right handed.

dangerboy said:
The C7A2 Rifle is an ambidextrous rifle, you can fire left or right handed.

Just be advised that  the casings fly out the right side; and no matter how you shoot, that location does not change.    [;)

It's all in the technique you use to shoot: You get used to it.

I am left-handed and learned to shoot with the old FN C1. It was a lot easier to do the same with the C7.

Honestly, the biggest problem was shooting from the prone position: You angle your body about 45 degrees from the direction of the target. Being left-handed meant my body was 45 degree to the right, while everybody else was 45 degrees to the left: My feet got tangled with other shooters all the time  ;D. I have always said the CF shooting ranges were too cramped.  :nod:

I also am a left-handed shooter and learned to adapt. For whatever it is worth, in my two years as a NCM in an artillery regiment before heading off to officer land, I wore crossed rifles the first year and crossed rifles and crown the second.

I had a hot casing get caught in my rain jacket hood, to fall onto the back of my head once, and I use a modified overhand grasp on the cocking handle, other than that... no issues.

Back