• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LFAA Next Task Force

canadian_moose said:
can someone tell me what task force stand up means, cause 1-10 its says 22 sept 09 on this website http://www.army.gc.ca/LFCA_2010_HR/taskforce_e.asp, does this mean we start pre-deployment training or something else?? and is TF  3-09  going to be 1 or 3 ppcli.

1-10 is already beginning to stand up...  PRes augmentees are already arriving at their reg force units to begin integration and get course-loaded in preparation for the stand up next year.

Deployment dates are OPSEC for sure.....but the Taliban/Al Qaeda know well before hand who, where and how we are deploying and the rotation times. Our open media policy ensures that.

Hey guys, just wanted to check in if anyone has heard any additional information concerning a 2RCR Battlegroup. I've been hearing like usual mixed messages back home. Theres talk on both sides that we will be seeing a call for volunteers for a 2 RCR Battlegroup in the upcoming year, as well as others stating there would never be another 2RCR Battlegroup for JTFA. I am just going to keep concentrating on getting courses under my belt, and learning the ins and outs of my trade, but just wanted to keep an ear to the ground as I can't seem to find any info on a Rotation Schedule. From what I concluded it appears the other Battalions are working like crazy and that eventually 2RCR will be up to bat again. As always, thanks for the enlightenment. 

All battalions are having their turn... though there are many members of the regiment who are playing musical chairs.... going from one to the other - in order to fill vacancies.

Until all Afghan missions are over (beyond 2011) and the CF is told by our political masters that we are to reduce our optempo back to 2001 levels, we will continue to raise battlegroups / TFs for service overseas.

With the number of messes on the international scene, there are plenty of potential assignments for us to contemplate filling AFTER Afghanistan is done.

IslandTrooper said:
Hey guys, just wanted to check in if anyone has heard any additional information concerning a 2RCR Battlegroup. I've been hearing like usual mixed messages back home. Theres talk on both sides that we will be seeing a call for volunteers for a 2 RCR Battlegroup in the upcoming year, as well as others stating there would never be another 2RCR Battlegroup for JTFA. I am just going to keep concentrating on getting courses under my belt, and learning the ins and outs of my trade, but just wanted to keep an ear to the ground as I can't seem to find any info on a Rotation Schedule. From what I concluded it appears the other Battalions are working like crazy and that eventually 2RCR will be up to bat again. As always, thanks for the enlightenment. 

Your Reg't Ops O and Ops WO and others in your CoC will get the info from the Bde HQ, will pass it on to your Sqn and you will get it from them (Tp CoC, etc).  I know many of the people in your Bde and Reg't CoC and they aren't hiding info from you, they probably just don't have it yet.

Keep up the trng, and let your Tp NCOs know you are interested in a tour.  The rest will fall into place when info comes from Area HQ to Bde HQ to RHQ to SHQ...just like it always did, I suspect....

2 RCR is *not* the only unit that mbrs' of the 17th have deployed with.  Keep that in mind.

Been awhile since any updates were posted, just trying to see if anyone has anymore information pertaining to the next time members of LFAA will be asked for volunteers. I have again heard more from the rumour mill stating we will be asked in October to provide people for 1-10. This rumour was heard from some members of my regiment. Also members from other 36CBG units are already doing work up training in Gagetown for the same tour. Does this sound reasonable? or does anyone have anymore information. Thanks for the help!

AFAIK there are individual augmentees from LFAA training for 1-10.

The Army has a Managed Readiness Plan.  It's available on the DWAN.  In fact, I have a nice printout of it in front of me here.

It clearly shows which Reg F unit is assigned which task.  The version I have shows 2009-2013.

From those tasks you can figure out when Reserve units in the same LFAs will be tasked.

However, sometimes not all postions can be filled by the mounting Area - in that case, there may be a request made - through the chain of command - for additional personnel.

So, short answer to questions:  (1) There is a plan.  It is available through official means  (Note that this website is not an official means.  Therefore, don't ask for a copy here).

(2) Talk to your chain of command for information on possibilities for international deployments.

Just again looking for anymore information concerning any possible deployments with TF-A. There has been a couple positions posted up that I have applied for and I have also sent memos up requesting information concerning positions, nothing heard back for either. Also if anyone knows which Land Force is scheduled for the remaining Task Forces (unless it violates OPSEC) or can suggest anything it would be greatly appreciated. As well as what should one have in order to DAG yellow/green. Thanks for the heads up!

Going with the current scheme of things an how it appears to me..

1-10 is 1RCR BG so LFCA
3-10 would be a Vandoo BG so LFQA
1-11 is Patricia BG so LFWA

If there was a 3-11 I would guess it would goto 2RCR an than it would take LFAA(I think its called that correct?) Reservists. I think 2RCR would be next in the Roto as 3RCR was 3-08 and 1RCR 1-10 an 2RCR hasn't deployed since 1-07, atleast as the BG lead.

Also, I have no idea on how it works with Reserves getting on tour or if they would take a Reserve from another LF Area as an augmentee.

-Skeletor- said:
Going with the current scheme of things an how it appears to me..

1-10 is 1RCR BG so LFCA
3-10 would be a Vandoo BG so LFQA
1-11 is Patricia BG so LFWA

If there was a 3-11 I would guess it would goto 2RCR an than it would take LFAA(I think its called that correct?) Reservists. I think 2RCR would be next in the Roto as 3RCR was 3-08 and 1RCR 1-10 an 2RCR hasn't deployed since 1-07, atleast as the BG lead.

Also, I have no idea on how it works with Reserves getting on tour or if they would take a Reserve from another LF Area as an augmentee.

I think it all depends as I got troops in theater right now from LFAA and a bunch getting ready to go on the next one..... Mind you that are deploying as EROC....

NFLD Sapper said:
I think it all depends as I got troops in theater right now from LFAA and a bunch getting ready to go on the next one..... Mind you that are deploying as EROC....

They'll take anyone from any area if you've got the skills they're looking for. Friend of mine is on 1-10 and he's from a Saskatchawan Comm Res unit.

Back