• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LFAA Next Task Force

hammond

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day, quick question... and please delete if this opsec. I am currently completing my DP1 Armd Recce course and one of my instructors stated that LFAA will be generating Task Force 1-10 in 2010, searching the net I found that LFCA is tasked. Just wondering if/when LFAA will be preparing a task force for Afghanistan. The instructor also stated that we would be hearing from our Ops Warrant when we returned in Sept for volunteers. Thanks for your help in clearing this up!

Hammond said:
Good Day, quick question... and please delete if this opsec. I am currently completing my DP1 Armd Recce course and one of my instructors stated that LFAA will be generating Task Force 1-10 in 2010, searching the net I found that LFCA is tasked. Just wondering if/when LFAA will be preparing a task force for Afghanistan. The instructor also stated that we would be hearing from our Ops Warrant when we returned in Sept for volunteers. Thanks for your help in clearing this up!

You'll know plenty ahead of time when there's a TF coming up. Just keep at the courses, get as many as you can in the meantime, and don't worry too much about it. All in good time.

Well - at present
TF 1/08 LFWA
3/08 LFCA
1/09 LFQA
3/09
1/10

Cool Beans, thanks for the help, greatly appreciated. I was a just wondering as I would possibly like to go on a tour, but just coming off Trades training this summer and volunteering, I would have no "experience" other than what was taught, but I don't want to miss out on a chance, so I was just trying to get a heads up. Thanks again, back to Gagetown I go.

If at all possible, considering your trade, I would try to get the DP2 Recce course to help your odds of going over.

Thanks. The Regiment is putting on a DP2 course this fall which I'll definitely be taking a spot. Any Pres Armd members that have been over.. what were you tasked with. Seems our trade is thrown every where. We had members that worked Psyops, close protection, LavIII driver, and now have two individuals training on the C2 as driver/gunner.

C2 driver gunner ???
Thought the C2s were parked & we were using the Leo2 A6Ms ???

From what is being passed around as gossip, nothing really official, but the word is at 2RCR that we are going as a BG in 2011. Watch and shoot on that one.

The tail end of 2011 sounds about right for the 2RCR battlegroup to depart.

However, 3-08 has yet to depart and then 1-10 has to gear up, so it's a ways off yet still.

greenjacket said:
does anyone know the deployment date for TF 03-08?

The hell?

1) You should know better than to ask for a deployment date on public means, and;

2) You should know that on TF changeovers, there is no one date for everyone. Different groups in the TF travel on different days over a period of time until all rips are completed. And a lot of the time, you don't know your specific deployment date until not too long before it.

LFWA is designated as High Readiness TF for 3-09.

greenjacket said:
i ment what time in general like aug or sept

And your answer would be....

Beadwindow 7 said:
2) You should know that on TF changeovers, there is no one date for everyone. Different groups in the TF travel on different days over a period of time until all rips are completed. And a lot of the time, you don't know your specific deployment date until not too long before it.

So it will span a large period of time.  Anything more specific than that, say like, what month, would be delving into....

Beadwindow 7 said:
1) You should know better than to ask for a deployment date on public means, and;

Edited for spelling.

can someone tell me what task force stand up means, cause 1-10 its says 22 sept 09 on this website http://www.army.gc.ca/LFCA_2010_HR/taskforce_e.asp, does this mean we start pre-deployment training or something else?? and is TF  3-09  going to be 1 or 3 ppcli.

geo said:
C2 driver gunner ???
Thought the C2s were parked & we were using the Leo2 A6Ms ???

Nope...they are still in use.

Regards

greenjacket said:
i ment what time in general like aug or sept

You'll find out when the media lets you find out.

The Army.ca Staff

Hammond said:
Thanks. The Regiment is putting on a DP2 course this fall which I'll definitely be taking a spot. Any Pres Armd members that have been over.. what were you tasked with. Seems our trade is thrown every where. We had members that worked Psyops, close protection, LavIII driver, and now have two individuals training on the C2 as driver/gunner.

There are roughly a dozen members of The Regiment from the rank of Cpl to Capt that served with TF1-07.  Have you thought to talk to them to find out info first hand what they did?  The incoming Regt Ops WO is a great guy;  he will no doubt be feeding the Regt CoC with info on avail billets and trng/TI requirements etc.  Make sure your Tp MCpl/Sgt/WO whoever asks know you are interested in deploying when you have you interview with them or the Tp Ldr which should happen shortly after the Muster Parade in early Sept.

Back