• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2019 - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
But thats the thing. When people are using that free vote to vote for state intervention in the bedroom, or in gender, or in abortion, that is the opposite of social progressivism.

I think we have very different ideas on what constitutes the state staying out of the bedroom. In my view the government should simply be silent/not pass any laws relating to the bedroom.

The CPC has never proposed any laws, for example, outlawing certain sexual orientations for example. It's the LPC on the other hand who is putting forth government bills (totally different from Private Members' bills that are DOA) that would purport to criminalize publicly holding opinions that they disagree with (i.e. C-10).

The LPC said it didn't want anti abortion members or supporters. CPC accepts everyone. Most Canadians are hesitant to support measures on abortion, and are content with the current laws (or lack thereof) around it. LPC gets to point at the CPC and say they are the party of anti abortion, and the CPC can deny it up and down, but their voting record on a whole says otherwise.

I wasn't aware than abortion was outlawed the last time the CPC was in power 2008-2015?

The CPC are associated with the social conservatives, they have MPs that are open social conservatives, their voting record shows that they have a active social conservative wing, and social conservatives have a lot of sway in leadership contests.

At that point it rings hollow to say that their platform isn't socially conservative.

Just because they have some SoCon conservatives is totally different from having a socially conservative platform. The CPC itself when it was in government did nothing socially conservative. That is their track record.

That said, it would probably be better if SoCons had their own party. But it would probably be worse for those who hate SoCons because they would likely have more influence, especially if they were ever needed to prop up a coalition government. Right now they are paid lip service by the CPC I will grant you that, but in reality have no power and are neutralized.

Not so much nurses and teachers. For them its the bottom line in their pay and benefits packages - and there are lots of them.

🍻
I think in Ontario, they are represented by provincial unions. My ex was in the Ontario Nurses Association, before she went into management.

Provincial elections would likely be of more interest to teachers and nurses, than federal or municipal.

A lot depends on which level of government your union negotiates with.

It may not have much impact on who you vote for at the federal level, if you negotiate your pay and benefit packages at the provincial or municipal level.

That allows you to vote for whatever your favorite chew toy happens to be at the federal level, without impacting your pay and benefit package negotiated at a non-federal level.

This explains the endorsement philosophy of the union elected by its members to represent career full-time firefighters and paramedics in the United States and Canada. Most firefighters and paramedics negotiate with municipalities.

No one, including your union, has a right to tell you how to vote.
Unions are concerned with the level of government that employs their members.

I think we have very different ideas on what constitutes the state staying out of the bedroom. In my view the government should simply be silent/not pass any laws relating to the bedroom.
Things like abortion, gender, sexual orientation are bedroom topics to me.
The CPC has never proposed any laws, for example, outlawing certain sexual orientations for example. It's the LPC on the other hand who is putting forth government bills (totally different from Private Members' bills that are DOA) that would purport to criminalize publicly holding opinions that they disagree with (i.e. C-10).
Proposed any laws? No.

Voted against banning conversion therapy? Yes.

Voted for adding more restrictions on abortion? Yes.
I wasn't aware than abortion was outlawed the last time the CPC was in power 2008-2015?
it wasn't. But when there are motions put forward about putting more restrictions on abortions, which party is it come from using? The CPC.
Just because they have some SoCon conservatives is totally different from having a socially conservative platform. The CPC itself when it was in government did nothing socially conservative. That is their track record.
You're right, they didn't do anything. They just have members who consistently try to do something. It's one reason they cannot shake the narrative.
That said, it would probably be better if SoCons had their own party. But it would probably be worse for those who hate SoCons because they would likely have more influence, especially if they were ever needed to prop up a coalition government. Right now they are paid lip service by the CPC I will grant you that, but in reality have no power and are neutralized.
They are tainting the CPC now that they are neutralized, imagine how much they would taint the CPC if they got some of their legislation passed with CPC help because they held the balance of power?

6 in 10 Canadians would not vote CPC now, how much would that rise if they had a SOCON partner in parliament?

Those dastardly CPC, how dare they concern themselves with abortion. They should take a page from the grits and concentrate on things like lowering the age of consent for anal sex or legitimizing sex with animals.

Those dastardly CPC, how dare they concern themselves with abortion.
They may at their own risk. They are free to prioritize any issue they want to, and Canadians are free to never vote for them.

Win win? Wait...
They should take a page from the grits and concentrate on things like lowering the age of consent for anal sex
Damn right they should. The government should have no say in what teens are doing in the bedroom with another cosenting teen.

Should the state be throwing 16 year old gay male teens in jail for engaging in anal sex? Especially since age of consent for all other sex acts in 16? Should straight 16 year old teens be thrown in jail for trying anal sex when all other sex acts the age of consent is 16?

GTFO of the bedroom.
or legitimizing sex with animals.
See, this is what I never get.

I, as obvious supporter of the LPC, can admit that they have faults. Failings. They are not perfect. Sometimes, they even fail be be good. Sometimes they fall flat on their faces. They have obvious things that they could be better at, or are just flat out horrible in others.

So I never get why people like you need to lie and make shit up. Why? They have so many weak points that you could go after as opposed to making up stupid shit like this.

Bill C-84 responds, in part, to a 2016 Supreme Court of Canada decision that ruled a convicted sexual offender — identified only as D.L.W. to protect his victims — was not guilty of bestiality related to charges stemming from sexual activity involving one of his stepdaughters and the family dog.
They didn't legalize it, the law didn't include what this man did.

In a 6-1 decision, a majority of the justices ruled that the Criminal Code provisions on bestiality did not adequately define which sexual acts with animals are prohibited. In his ruling, Justice Thomas Cromwell (who has since retired) urged Parliament to revisit the definition.
Bill C-84 also changes wording in the Criminal Code to clarify that bestiality involves any contact for a sexual purpose between a person and an animal. The Code's existing definition is understood to focus on penetration as the essential element in an act of bestiality.

So they expanded the definition of what constitutes beastiality and you call that legalizing it?

Like I said,so much to be critical on and you just make stuff up.

sad.

Last edited:
Bill C-84 also changes wording in the Criminal Code to clarify that bestiality involves any contact for a sexual purpose between a person and an animal

Unless the person experiences it differently, then it's just a misunderstanding.

Pet... or Shilo?
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

Are you trying to define his experience?

I think, through experience, only the experiencer is allowed to experience things the way that they experience them. Others’ experiences may not experience sameness to the original experiencer’s experience. Your experience may vary.

I think, through experience, only the experiencer is allowed to experience things the way that they experience them. Others’ experiences may not experience sameness to the original experiencer’s experience. Your experience may vary.
How much experience would an experiencer experience if an experiencer could experience experience kinda thing

Unfortunately the socons are still a large part of the CPC base and completely throwing them under the bus would just result in another Reform Party so one has to humour them. Talk about Catch 22.

The Reform Party was very libertarian and welcomed diverse views and discussions.

How much experience would an experiencer experience if an experiencer could experience experience kinda thing
There is zero need for experience, or experiencers. Only architects need apply.

So, we now wait a few days to discover how fair, open and transparent the REO process was for this position.
I'd say probably very open and fair.

"We need a low rank/high rank major who lives in Vancouver with experience in law enforcement. Priority to applicants with the first name Greg".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back