• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Living Arrangements on Phase III and IV Armour Officer

Quag

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I did a quick search, came up with nothing, however even if there is something, I don't think its that big of a deal for someone to just put a quick answer in here.

My question is if you have to live on base during Phase III and IV in Gagetown.  I'm graduating this year and am going to be posted to Gagetown to complete the phase training.  My girlfriend is moving out to New Brunswick with me as it gives her the opportunity to finish a zoology degree with a marine biology background.  I obviously want to live with her.  I know for example in my other phases you could not live off base, but for some reason I think Phases III and IV will be different.

Any takers?

When I was posted to the school students were required to live in the shacks during course, the exception was for pers who were posted to the school.

They had to maintain a room in the shacks, but did not have to reside there at night.

Hope that helps.

Regards

You most likely will not do phase 3 then 4 all in a row.So most likely you will be working at the school assisting other officers during their daily task.We currently have 3 in our squadron.There are some officers who are awaiting training that live off base,others in the lines across from J-7 (can't think of the building # H-??)However on course you will be given a room on base regardless.

I myself am going on a course here in another month.I will be given barracks even though I have a house right down the road.It's up to me if I stay there or not.

Hope that helps.

That helps alot.  However, by "posted" do you mean versus attach-posted.  If I will be graduating, I do not think I will be attach posted anymore.  Is there any process by which one could be this type of "posted" where he/she could live off base?

EX RCAC - I understand that I will not do Phases 3 and 4 in a row.  My question, which I think you answered, is can I live off base during Phase III and IV training, regardless of if I am given a room or not.  I understand that this room would be mine to maintain.

Sorry guys, I really dont want to sound like a whiner, I'm just trying to get some things straightened out.  It's a big jump in my life (one of the biggest thus far), and I know there will be many more, and much more signifcant ones to come.

Your best bet is to go through your CoC and they can get the answers for you.

they can answer questions like

- "Am I entitled to a PMQ/ ESQ?"
- "Can I live off base while Attached-posted?"
- "Am I attached-posted or posted to the Armour School?"

Regards

Recce by death beat me to it.
However we have as I said 3 or so working In our office,if you require further clarification PM me and I can ask.

Just a note we had DP1 students MOVE their girlfriends out here,get a civilian apartment and live there on the weekends and go home every night until lights out.On my battle school we were CB'ed for 4 weeks regardless of what we done,however students are not CB'ed now, except for punishment.

Recce,

I know that that seems the most logical way to do it.

Unfortunately, my chain of command consists of a bunch of Air Force types (no insult intended ;D), whose primary concern is with my education, and not so much my military training.  Of course, I can obtain my answers by digging deep, I just thought it might be a simple answer from someone who has a) either done it, or b) directly know of someone who has done this.

Let me know if this is something that should be locked, but I would like to keep it open in case the "just the person I was looking for" should stumble upon this thread and be able to answer my problem. 

FYI, it usually takes about 1-2 weeks to get an answer from my CoC regarding "hard" questions like this :D.

Thanks again for your time.

Thanks Ex-RCAC, that is the kind of info I'm looking for.

Also I must add,I forgot to put this in the previous post regarding DP1's.They flew their girlfriends/wifes/life partner's out to freddy out of their own pocket.

I sent you a PM,if you don't find your answer I'll ask someone tomorrow.

Yes, I understand that.  She is paying for everything herself.

Quag,

I just finished my 3-4 last year.  You can move out of the shacks without trouble, you need to submit a memo and such.  For courses, you will alwasy be issued a room however you will not be required to STAY in that room.  For all intents and purposes you live off base and show up for work on time and if needed use the shacks once in a while.  For moving ppl up you need to submit another memo if you want the military to pay for moving your GF, and that will only be possible if oyu have common law status.

Matt

Matt,

Big help!! Thanks for taking the time to share that information with me!

Bah, what does Mjohns know?  He sleeps on the back deck of a tank!!

That as a matter of fact.. is true...but still.. a RECCE guy had to come and try to fix your tank in the first place.. you know you're in trouble when....rookie drivers.. who ever could have taught them??

Indeed Bzz,

who... WHO could have taught them their D&M?

I'd start whistling innocently and strolling the other way.
;D

Mjohns said:
BAH!

What does Bzzliteyr know?  He BROKE my tank!

He's broken many tanks      ;)

Regards

Back