• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Living at the RMC

If you refuse an offer for ROTP at RMC, will they still consider you for civvie university?  How do they make they selection between the two?  Can you add any other MOC's at this stage in the application?

Goose said:
If you refuse an offer for ROTP at RMC, will they still consider you for civvie university?   How do they make they selection between the two?   Can you add any other MOC's at this stage in the application?

The CFRC/D will go back to CFRG and query whether there is a Civie U position available but in most cases if you turn down an offer to RMC you are SOL for this year.  No, you are not able to add MOCs at this time.

Congrats to all who made it so far.. 

by the way I got told exactly 10 years ago yesterday that I was on the waiting list..  but about a week later then told me I was in..

Now its time to prepare yourselves for BOTC..  and take it seriously.. My platoon lost 12 guys..

Not everyone will make it through..

kincanucks said:
The CFRC/D will go back to CFRG and query whether there is a Civie U position available but in most cases if you turn down an offer to RMC you are SOL for this year.   No, you are not able to add MOCs at this time.

I thought you could choose between civvie U and RMC (assuming you had applied for both)? I'll go to RMC if I have to (I wouldn't feel forced--it seems like a great experience and all) but I'd also like to go to civvie U, and the way the recruiter had explained it to me, if you applied to both and got accepted, you could pick whichever you'd rather do.

Mind clearing that up?

Frederik G said:
I thought you could choose between civvie U and RMC (assuming you had applied for both)? I'll go to RMC if I have to (I wouldn't feel forced--it seems like a great experience and all) but I'd also like to go to civvie U, and the way the recruiter had explained it to me, if you applied to both and got accepted, you could pick whichever you'd rather do.

Mind clearing that up?

You can't choose something if they don't offer it to you.   You put down two choices 1. RMC 2. Civie U   that way if they don't offer you RMC then they may offer you Civie U or nothing.   They don't come back and say: "Hey Mr. Bloggins we have a spot at RMC (your first choice) but if you rather we have one at Civie U (your second choice)."  Conversly, if you had 1. Civie U 2. RMC, they may offer you RMC (because you are super smart) but they will offer you Civie U if you don't want the RMC spot.  Clear as mud?

kincanucks said:
You can't choose something if they don't offer it to you.   You put down two choices 1. RMC 2. Civie U   that way if they don't offer you RMC then they may offer you Civie U or nothing.   They don't come back and say: "Hey Mr. Bloggins we have a spot at RMC (your first choice) but if you rather we have one at Civie U (your second choice)."   Conversly, if you had 1. Civie U 2. RMC, they may offer you RMC (because you are super smart) but they will offer you Civie U if you don't want the RMC spot.   Clear as mud?

Yep, makes more sense now. I didn't remember ordering the two choices, which was why I was confused. Thanks!

You can't choose something if they don't offer it to you.  You put down two choices 1. RMC 2. Civie U  that way if they don't offer you RMC then they may offer you Civie U or nothing.  They don't come back and say: "Hey Mr. Bloggins we have a spot at RMC (your first choice) but if you rather we have one at Civie U (your second choice)."  Conversly, if you had 1. Civie U 2. RMC, they may offer you RMC (because you are super smart) but they will offer you Civie U if you don't want the RMC spot.  Clear as mud?

So does this also apply to Junior/Senior? If they offer ROTP with a prep year, does it mean that you will have to take it or get nothing at all?

Got into EME but a degree in Civil Engineering. From BC.

Chags said:
Congrats to all who made it so far.. 

by the way I got told exactly 10 years ago yesterday that I was on the waiting list..  but about a week later then told me I was in..

Now its time to prepare yourselves for BOTC..  and take it seriously.. My platoon lost 12 guys..

Not everyone will make it through..

What kind of people don't pass BOTC? Are they people who regret coming or physically unfit.

Military Service isn't for everybody - some people simply won't be mentally prepared.  It's fun to watch them thunder in; you can always tell because their lower lip starts to quiver - next thing you know their kit is packed and they're gone....

Oh the timing, I told myself I'd call this morning, and just before I called they called me...

AAaaaaand, I've been accepted to RMC, BOTC is on July 4th, and I'm getting my first MOC choice as 71 MARS.

But now I feel I'm kindof, afraid or something. Anybody else feel like that? I've been wanting to go to RMC since I knew what it was, and I'm really interested in my uni program (Military and Strategic Studies), but it feels like something's amiss. Heh, I guess it's just the shock, I'll let it wear off.

I hope everyone else who hasn't gotten their answers, gets a good one.

As Infanteer put it, the military is not for everyone.  Just because you were the captain of your basketball team, doesn't mean you can lead a group of people through the completion of a semi-complex task.  Some people cannot handle the pressure of being put in stressful situations, or they arrive too cocky and unwilling to learn.

and for some, this is their first time away from mommy.. and just want to go home.

Like I mentionned, take it seriously, go there with an open mind and prepared to be force-fed a lot of information.

Do I call my CFRC about the swearing in info, flight info to BOTC, etc or will I get the info via email a couple of weeks before... I tried calling several times but always get the machine. Thnx for all the info so far tho.

Basic Person said:
Do I call my CFRC about the swearing in info, flight info to BOTC, etc or will I get the info via email a couple of weeks before... I tried calling several times but always get the machine. Thnx for all the info so far tho.

Your CFRC will get the required information to you soon.  Relax there is plenty of time.

Hey all, I've got a few questions, I'm going into grade 11 next year and my average is a solid 80.1%  (yes the .1 counts ;D). I'm interested in the arts then doing something relating to law. I was wondering if with a 80.1 at school in the I.B program, a solid participation in cadets, a part time job and school involvement would help them accept me for a ROTP, or even RMC. I'm torn between civy U because of  the freedom and RMC being fastracked(or so I hear don't blast me for this). I want to go infantry and I am definitely serious about making a career in the CF. If I do also show a commitment to the armed forces will this help my application process? One last thing, do I just go the closest recruitment center and ask about ROTP? the guys I have met before were uhm...special if you will not willing to really answer my question and juts shaving a little of the top if you will. moving off topic I know, thanks if you could answer any of my questions!
UBIQUE!!!!

p.s. Maybe Armored...nah PBI!! ;D

Cpl.Banks(Cdt.) said:
Hey all, I've got a few questions, I'm going into grade 11 next year and my average is a solid 80.1%   (yes the .1 counts ;D). I'm interested in the arts then doing something relating to law. I was wondering if with a 80.1 at school in the I.B program, a solid participation in cadets, a part time job and school involvement would help them accept me for a ROTP, or even RMC. I'm torn between civy U because of   the freedom and RMC being fastracked(or so I hear don't blast me for this). I want to go infantry and I am definitely serious about making a career in the CF. If I do also show a commitment to the armed forces will this help my application process? One last thing, do I just go the closest recruitment center and ask about ROTP? the guys I have met before were uhm...special if you will not willing to really answer my question and juts shaving a little of the top if you will. moving off topic I know, thanks if you could answer any of my questions!
UBIQUE!!!!

p.s. Maybe Armored...nah PBI!! ;D

It sounds like you are on the right track so keep it up.  Go to your local CFRC/D and talk with a recruiter.  If you maintain the 80%+ average over the next two years you should have a good chance.

I want to apply at the RMC wheni graduate high school, but do I have to live on base?  ANd does anyone have anymore information on it, could they let me know?  It would be greatly appreciated......thank you!!!

Drillarmyqueen101 said:
I want to apply at the RMC wheni graduate high school, but do I have to live on base?  ANd does anyone have anymore information on it, could they let me know?  It would be greatly appreciated......thank you!!!

How about................

www.rmc.ca

You could start there...

if you want to go there, I'm guessing you should take the time yourself and do the research. Or if your still in school talk to your guidance councilor

Drillarmyqueen101 said:

Unfortunately, terribly, annoyingly, depressingly, frustratingly, aggravatingly and to the point, yes, you have to live on "campus" during your stay here at RMC.

Back