• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Living in Base Borden. Looking for a piano to practice.

abejackson

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got posted in Base Borden few weeks after my BMQ. The O'mega mess in St Jean had a good piano practice on. But I couldn't find any piano in Base Bordenear despite it being much bigger than St. Jean Garrison. I didn't know where else I should ask this question. So I asked here. Thank you.

The staff at the CF Muscian School on base should be able to direct you to the best personal practice area(s) to meet your needs.
Have you checked with the Legion in Angus?

Thank you.
I will check it out.
I remember seeing the Legion house in Angus. Do they also have one there?

I stopped into the Angus RCL a couple of times for different reasons, both times my visit was less than 30min.

I do not remember seeing a piano and if there is one, it may not be in the best of use / shape.

The music school is a good first stop.  The officers mess has a piano as well.  Probably not the best option as an NCM but it is there.

Officer's mess has one?
I'm a NCM but we sometimes see officers eating in our mess hall.
But still I'm reluctant to go there. I would if I could.
Still my best bet is to check out the music building. Thank you so much.

abejackson said:
Officer's mess has one?
I'm a NCM but we sometimes see officers eating in our mess hall.
But still I'm reluctant to go there. I would if I could.
Still my best bet is to check out the music building. Thank you so much.

Plus as of August, the officers mess was still closed. I don't know if they've re-oppened it yet. However inside there is an upright and a baby grand. That being said as an NCM, and those being paid and bought by the officers Mess...yeah I don't see that working out for you  :(

Back