• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistics Officer - Sea [Merged]

My choice would be Supply or Food.

I just love food so it would be a good fit. 

LOL

Wookilar said:
During my phase training in '09 (I was on the first set of "new" courses to be run), everyone got their choice minus one or two people who ended up pay services (and there was 100 of us on LOCC), so that's a pretty good result.

As for the individual PO's....let me look around, I'll see what I can find.

Wook

edit: Course Content

Tn O

The course currently consists of 20 training days and include:

PO 001 – Manage Surface Lift for Road
PO 002 – Implement MSE Safety Program Acquire and re-market fleet resources
PO 003 – Manage MSE Fleet Resources Manage financial resources

Supply O

This course currently consists of eighteen training day and includes:

PO 001 - Monitor Supply Systems Management
PO 002 - Manage the Requisition and Procurement Process
PO 003 - Manage Warehouse Activities
PO 004 - Oversee Materiel Processing
PO 005 - Conduct SIV/SAV

Pay Accounting Officer

The course currently consists of 10 training days and includes the following Performance Objectives:

PO 001 – Manage the Pay Accounting Process
PO 002 – Process Claims
PO 003 – Administer the Working Capital Fund

Thanks a ton.

Last summer I finished my CAP course which was run by the infantry school.  Obviously there is going to be a difference between that and borden, but how is the LOCC course?  Is there field time, PT, Rucks, or is it just death by powerpoint for ten weeks?

SentryMAn said:
My choice would be Supply or Food.

I just love food so it would be a good fit. 

LOL

Generally, you have to a be qualified dietician (or former senior CF cook) in order to become a Food Services Officer.  Having said that, Naval Logistics Officers have more of a hand in food services than the others.  The cooks on board the ship are part of the Logistics Department and so the ship's LogO has to have a reasonable understanding of the field.

original_brad said:
Last summer I finished my CAP course which was run by the infantry school.  Obviously there is going to be a difference between that and borden, but how is the LOCC course?  Is there field time, PT, Rucks, or is it just death by Power Point for ten weeks?
From 2010 when I completed the course:
Death by Power point,  A few group PT sessions and no ruck marches.  It would be nothing like CAP at all unless it's severely changed since 2010
The emphasis on my course was team work and relationship building.  Since you will be on the course with other Logo's it a great place to foster some professional relationships and contacts throughout the CF.

I figured it was going to be death by power point. Thanks for all the info, I will be on my LOCC course this summer, just waiting to graduate and get my posting message.  SentryMan did you do all of your LOGO courses in one summer or did they break it up for you?

original_brad said:
I figured it was going to be death by power point. Thanks for all the info, I will be on my LOCC course this summer, just waiting to graduate and get my posting message.  SentryMan did you do all of your LOGO courses in one summer or did they break it up for you?

Started with Ph3(Locc), then Specialty, then Ph4 all back to back, started Jan 2010.

I only did the phase 3 Locc but was loaded on the last two directly after.

Summer in Borden is fun, make sure to bring a Car/motorbike/wheels of some sort.  The cab fare from Base to Barrie can be expensive.

Right on, yeah I got my truck that i will finally be able to bring to a course, got to short of notice for CAP so had to fly.  By any chance do you have the training schedule for your LOCC course?

original_brad said:
Right on, yeah I got my truck that i will finally be able to bring to a course, got to short of notice for CAP so had to fly.  By any chance do you have the training schedule for your LOCC course?

Do you want the powerpoints, training plan, qualification standards and the course staff list too?  I am sure we can dig up some pics of the rooms you will be staying in?  Dude it is a month long basic intro to logistics, having an old course schedule will do nothing for you.

It looks like I will be having a lot of fun this summer mocking people...

Your best bet for the LOCC course is to go on the Din and grab the Military Writing guide, memorize it.
Familiarize yourself with searching the various pubs and docs that are searchable on the din.

Prepare to write a 7hr long "day in the life of" exam on about week 3 that is comprehensive and inclusive of almost anything a logo would encounter on the job.

Read up on some history of logistical implications on famous battles.

Hone your presentation skills.

There isn't much to prepare or make ready for LOCC.  It's an entry level course that will give you a lot of information in a short period of time.  Pay attention in class and try to make friends.

MJP, your right haha. I'm just bored in school and want to get on with my military career.

Thanks SentryMAN for all the info and advice.

original_brad said:
MJP, your right haha. I'm just bored in school and want to get on with my military career.

I hear ya dude.  Just relax and ride the wave. 

original_brad said:

Thanks SentryMAN for all the info and advice.

You do realize that you're going to the Canadian Forces SCHOOL of Administration and Logistics?  Don't turn your brain off.  You still have some studying to do...

Pusser said:
You do realize that you're going to the Canadian Forces SCHOOL of Administration and Logistics?  Don't turn your brain off.  You still have some studying to do...

Wow I don't think it escaped him that that was the case.  Rather like many fourth year students he is getting bored with university studies and wants to get on with his career.  Talking to people in their fourth year of subsidized education it seems that most folks feel that way.

If you are implying that taking the course at CFSAL is the equivalent (and to be fair I don't really know why you posted what you did) of going to university, that is absurd.  They are, as many people know two completely different things.  There are some commonalities but the two lay at different ends of the education spectrum.

MJP said:
Wow I don't think it escaped him that that was the case.  Rather like many fourth year students he is getting bored with university studies and wants to get on with his career.  Talking to people in their fourth year of subsidized education it seems that most folks feel that way.

If you are implying that taking the course at CFSAL is the equivalent (and to be fair I don't really know why you posted what you did) of going to university, that is absurd.  They are, as many people know two completely different things.  There are some commonalities but the two lay at different ends of the education spectrum.

I understand that.  However, one of the things that has been noticed at CFSAL, particularly amongst the ROTP folks on summer training, is that there is a tendancy to treat university study as "real" and training at CFSAL as not much more than a hindrance of one's summer vacation.  The reality is that CFSAL deals specifically with one's profession and so is pretty important.  If you don't take CFSAL seriously, the consequences will be serious.  If you don't learn to wade through the QR&O, CFAO, DAOD, FAM, etc effectively, it really doesn't matter how well you did at university.

The poster to whom I was responding said he was getting tired of school.  I was simply pointing out that school is not going to end just because he has a shiny new degree in hand.  There's more to come and although some can argue that the work will be easier, I would argue that the expected performance will be higher

I went through CFSAL in the log O program.

It was harder then any university course(other then my CS courses) and was easily hands down the toughest exam I have ever completed.

7 hour exams are excruciating to write, glad I only needed to write it once.

Pusser said:
I understand that.  However, one of the things that has been noticed at CFSAL, particularly amongst the ROTP folks on summer training, is that there is a tendancy to treat university study as "real" and training at CFSAL as not much more than a hindrance of one's summer vacation.  The reality is that CFSAL deals specifically with one's profession and so is pretty important.  If you don't take CFSAL seriously, the consequences will be serious.  If you don't learn to wade through the QR&O, CFAO, DAOD, FAM, etc effectively, it really doesn't matter how well you did at university.

The poster to whom I was responding said he was getting tired of school.  I was simply pointing out that school is not going to end just because he has a shiny new degree in hand.  There's more to come and although some can argue that the work will be easier, I would argue that the expected performance will be higher

Fair enough.  I am in the same category as original_brad in that I just want to get on with it.  I don't equate CFSAL to university, but rather the start of professional training.  It certainly is not meant to be taken lightly but rather with a view of furthering professional knowledge within the logistics field.

I was more saying I'm sick of university, not learning.  I just want to get on with it, actually learn something that will be useful in my career instead of another random university course that has nothing to do with what I will be doing in the forces.  I consider university my time off from summer courses  :p.

I also just bought What the Thunder Said: Reflections of a Canadian Officer in Kandahar, supposed to be a great book for insight into the world of Log. Any one read it?

Back