• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Long term health effects from a career in the forces.

Chernoble said:
You are obviously of the pre 90's generation who still thinks that this is a family and not a job/career.  To each, their own.

Just out of curiosity; why exactly did you join the CF?  You sound rather selfish, self-centered, full of yourself, etc.  Not exactly the qualities that most would find beneficial to an organization such as the CF.  If you don't believe in the CF family, and at the looks of it 'team playing', then why are you in the CF?  Money?  If it is for money and power (you applied to become an officer) then you are quite 'mercenary' in your outlook on life.  Pathetic.

Did a full career in the Air Force and now as a senior citizen I feel my state of health is above average  (and my doctor agreed yesterday.)
I attribute this to being in an organization that motivated me from the first day to the last to recognize the value of personal fitness.
As many have said being in shape  makes many of life's obstacles go a lot easier.

And I have got to know some great stairwells.  ;)

I have developed elevated cynicism levels and an intolerance to idiocy, but not to the point of concern for my health.

Some dental issues are self indicted. They occur when douchebaggery is rewarded with a wap to the yap. I've seen loads of that shit happen.

Loachman said:
I have developed elevated cynicism levels and an intolerance to idiocy, but not to the point of concern for my health.

How about other peoples health ;D

Loachman said:

And it's all self inflicted. ;D

milnews.ca said:
Really?  And should all those dealing with PTSD just "pull themselves up by their bootstraps"?

Pretty broad brush you're painting with, there.

Don't try to turn this into a PTSD discussion.  Please read the original posters comments and questions.  Don't you practically own these forums? I find it hard to believe you can't read that far up.

Off topic:
I also find it cute that my posts are being "watched" because I don't look at everyone and everything in the CF with rose coloured glasses. Not everyone has to be as "hardcore" as everyone else to fully contribute to the Force and not everyone sees it as being a perfect organization.  What I have learned from being Air Force is that it's important to be able to take criticism and work with it to make things better than to pretend "we won" after every failed exercise.

Chernoble said:
Don't try to turn this into a PTSD discussion.  Please read the original posters comments and questions.  Don't you practically own these forums? I find it hard to believe you can't read that far up.
Just saying that if the broad principle of "it's generally the fault of the 'scammer' " applies to one class of injury, it makes one wonder if it applies to other classes.

Done here - have a great career being so much better than the rest of the peons who pass their fitness tests.

Chernoble said:
What I have learned from being Air Force is that it's important to be able to take criticism

Sounds like you've had plenty of practice.

Chernoble said:
I also find it cute that my posts are being "watched" because I don't look at everyone and everything in the CF with rose coloured glasses.
Your posts are being "watched"...now "moderated" based on how people react to your posts. The overwhelming majority of posts garner no response whatsoever, but occasionally someone will come across as such a massive douchebag that the negative Milpoints add up, including an escalating scale of attention by the Moderators.

Maybe next time you're staring in your mirror, take your rose-coloured glasses off; maybe it's not everyone else who's out of step.

What is that old adage? "Don't write anything on the Internet that you wouldn't otherwise yell in a room full of strangers"?  Something like that. 

Well, you posted some inflammatory stuff on a website that has I don't know how many THOUSANDS of members.  And it garnered what I think would be a similar reaction had you shouted it out in a room full of thousands of people.  Now, maybe you are right and the majority of us are wrong.  But the basic principles of statistics and the law of averages is not on your side. I  haven't seen any posts that agree with your POV, so the silent majority either doesn't care enough about the issue to support you or are in silent agreement with those who have posted. 

Maybe what you wrote wasn't as well articulated as you would have been had his been a face to face conversation. The onus remains on you to better explain what you wrote.  But I haven't seen anything that better and more reasonably explains your point of view. 

So yeah, the mods on this site are acting like I would expect the PMC of your mess to react if you had stated your opinion there.  Which is " why is that crowd of people circled around that ONE guy and why are they agitated and poking him in the chest?"  The PMC would likely come over to investigate, try to defuse the situation and make sure things don't get further of of hand.  If one particular individual appears to be the instigator of all this discontent, then the PMC has to address that somehow. The mods are doing something vey similar.

You are, and remain free to post what you want here providing it adheres to the site's rather liberal guidelines.  But seriously, if you post controversial or inflammatory and, in my opinion, poorly worded and ill considered opinions, well bud, it's a free country and be ready for some feedback from people who have opposing points of view. 

Regards,

MARS
Milnet.ca mentor

Journeyman said:
Your posts are being "watched"...now "moderated" based on how people react to your posts. The overwhelming majority of posts garner no response whatsoever, but occasionally someone will come across as such a massive douchebag that the negative Milpoints add up, including an escalating scale of attention by the Moderators.

Maybe next time you're staring in your mirror, take your rose-coloured glasses off; maybe it's not everyone else who's out of step.
Good post. Much better and more diplomatic than what I want to say.

Agree with Jim, some of that posters comments were way OUT of line.

Back