• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for - CADPAT Private Epaulets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inch said:
It is amusing, but tell me I'm not the only one that calls it Clothing Stores.

Blakey, it's not that he has combats, it's that he has CADPATs and wants CADPAT slip on for them, something that is not to be done according their CATOs. Can someone post a reference for that? I know I've seen it on here before.

Negative we all call it "Clothing Stores" as well in our neck of the woods.

If my unit followed the CATO's to the word when i was in, our corps wouldn't have been half as exciting as it was, yes there were times when we did circomvent the "rules" but not at the cost of Safety.

I want it so I don;t have to remove it in the bush..and I will be getting CADET embroyered at the bottom

Blakey said:
Negative we all call it "Clothing Stores" as well in our neck of the woods.

If my unit followed the CATO's to the word when i was in, our corps wouldn't have been half as exciting as it was, yes there were times when we did circomvent the "rules" but not at the cost of Safety.

Glad I'm not the only one, had me going for a minute there.

I agree, the rules don't need to be followed to the letter, but even when I was an Army cadet, we couldn't even wear CANADA slip ons. I don't see the big thrill to having a CADPAT slip on if you're not entitled to one, sounds like LCF to me more than functionality

How do you you know that I even wanted it to wear....maybe I want it just to have it.

Pte Gagnon, do you in fact have 1 hook or are you a no hook Pte?
Just so I know what one I should get for you.

In my days 1 hooks were still called L/Cpl's.

Inch: I wore PPCLI slip on's, no big deal, at least the Reg force guys didnt seem to mind. agreed LCF is in play here , and can i be so bold as to say Pride? esprit de corps? he wants to get "Cadet" on the bottom of it, what i say is wrong with a little esprit de corps....somthing that i find is a bit lacking these days, not just cadets reg force included.

P.S. no spell check i gotta keep up with the pace Inch is setting in the replies.... ;D

[EDIT] I just re-read this reply one word deplorable, punctuation, grammer BLAH! "Cpl I find this reply infective for the following reasons...."

I'm not to intelligent when it comes to the military lingo...explain! lol

This has to be the longest thread ever on slip-ons !  :blotto:

Blakey said:
Pte Gagnon, do you in fact have 1 hook or are you a no hook Pte?
Just so I know what one I should get for you.

In my days 1 hooks were still called L/Cpl's.

Inch: I wore PPCLI slip on's, no big deal, at least the Reg force guys didnt seem to mind. agreed LCF is in play here , and can i be so bold as to say Pride? esprit de corps? he wants to get "Cadet" on the bottom of it, what i say is wrong with a little esprit de corps....somthing that i find is a bit lacking these days, not just cadets reg force included.

P.S. no spell check i gotta keep up with the pace Inch is setting in the replies.... ;D

Just trying to give your fingers a workout!

I've got no problem with Pride or esprit de corps or any of that. In fact, I'd say that that is my main issue with giving them away like that. They haven't been earned, one thing we all have in common regardless of trade is that we all did a basic training course of some sort, complete with C7s and a 13km march. It's a small thing, but I also believe in cadets looking like cadets and not soldiers.

Just my dos pesos.

Inch said:
Slip on = Epaulette, depends on what "school" you come from. We call them Slip ons in the Air Force.

An epaulette is what the 'slip ons' go on.

Cheers,

Wes

Inch said:
Just trying to give your fingers a workout!

I've got no problem with Pride or esprit de corps or any of that. In fact, I'd say that that is my main issue with giving them away like that. They haven't been earned, one thing we all have in common regardless of trade is that we all did a basic training course of some sort, complete with C7s and a 13km march. It's a small thing, but I also believe in cadets looking like cadets and not soldiers.

Just my dos pesos.

I can appreciate your point of view...i might not agree with it but i do appreciate it.  ;)

Wesley H. Allen said:
An epaulettte is what the 'slip ons' go on.

Cheers,

Wes

Right you are, I was trying to explain what a slip on was in terms he'd recognize.

I call those epaulet holders....we all have our own ways of saying things....tomato...tomato

Pte. Gagnon said:
I call those epaulet holders....we all have our own ways of saying things....tomato...tomato

You're killing me here.

Pte. Gagnon said:

Priceless.. This has got to be the funniest thread in a while.

Chimo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back