• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for personal trainer with military experience in Ottawa

mackenzie82

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm looking for a personal trainer with some military experience based in Ottawa to take me through a rigorous, intense training process over the course of the next three months or so. I'm looking for something more intense and more dynamic than the "cookie-cutter" approach you'll often get from Goodlife trainers, and probably many others as well. I can pay $20 per hour and we can work out together how many hours of training you think I should sign up for. Initially, I would say that three training sessions per week would sound about right. But I'm open to suggestions.

I don't have a gym and would ideally be looking for a trainer who could provide a small indoors space (a basement or a room should be fine) for the calisthenics and stretching, while the running would happen outside. I would also be really interested in incorporating some wilderness survival instruction/lessons in the training as well.

If you're interested, please message me with some information on what relevant experience you would bring to this, how old you are and any other details that you would like to share. Thanks!

I've trained many fresh green recruits into lean, mean, fighting machines....

I'd be happy to provide an top notch, military style PT program, including running, running, running, more running, and more running because no one bothered to plan anything else.

mackenzie82 said:
I'm looking for a personal trainer with some military experience based in Ottawa to take me through a rigorous, intense training process over the course of the next three months or so. I'm looking for something more intense and more dynamic than the "cookie-cutter" approach you'll often get from Goodlife trainers, and probably many others as well. I can pay $20 per hour and we can work out together how many hours of training you think I should sign up for. Initially, I would say that three training sessions per week would sound about right. But I'm open to suggestions.

IMO you're not likely to find many trainers worth their salt that would be willing to do what you're asking for $20/hour.  Just because your eliminating the middle man ie. Goodlife doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be able to find someone who's qualified and competent with the background that you're looking for willing to train you for so much less money than what a big corporate gym would charge.

Just my  :2c:

You don't need a trainer, just get on a well organized routine, which can be found on various website's, google "Starting Strength", stay active, get your cardio into check, whether that be walking a few mile's a day, running, jogging, elliptical, etc..

But don't forget, you cannot out train a bad diet, nutrition is 90% of the battle, if you want to lose weight you have to intake less calorie's then you burn, and to add weight you have to consume more calorie's then you burn, there is approximately 3,500 calorie's per lb of adipose tissue, so substracting -500 calorie's a day for 7 days = a net of 1lb weight loss, you will usually see larger number's at the start of your dieting because of the lower carbohydrate intake, which mean's you are going to shed water weight.

The best way to figure out how many calorie's you need a day is to calculate your TDEE, you can do this by googling "TDEE calculator" then you will need to invest in a kitchen scale, and weight out your food's, and track how many calorie's you are consuming any given day. Not everybody does this, and it's definitely not necessary, HOWEVER it make's thing's go by a lot faster.

Lift Weights, Eat in a deficit, and get plenty of rest, and you will be successful, trust me, I used to be over 300lbs, and now I'm sitting at 6ft, 180lbs, lean, mean, and very strong.

What is it that you're trying to accomplish?  In my opinion Former300lber is absolutely right.  I too was over 300 lbs and did pretty much as he's described.  I changed my eating habits and started taking exercise much more seriously.  But I did not have a personal trainer.  I read books about sensible exercise and consulted regular gym staff on proper exercise techniques.  And I joined Weight Watchers - that was the smartest and most effective thing I did.  Well, to be fair, I nodded and said, "yes dear" when my wife said, "we're joining Weight Watchers," but you get my point. :)

Back