• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for...Standard issue duffle bag

Tpr.Orange

Inactive
Reaction score
I had one stolen from me on base and i need to replace one ...anyone have an extra kicking around for really cheap ill pay for shipping if need be...

Thanks
Zack

heh, if they have one and sell it to you, it is possibly illegal, unless they bought it from a surplus store.

This is probably one of those items that would probably be better to report it stolen, up your chain of command.  Even if they make you pay for it, it won't probably be THAT much ($30?)

Good luck

Quentin

Just go to QM and buy another one. Easiest and cheapest solution.

Sorry for reviving a dead post, but I am looking for a standard duffle bag, or something similar to carry extra kit. Where can you purchase a duffle, or what are some good alternatives? Thanks in advance

Have you thought of approaching QM?

Is it possible to just approach them and purchase a second duffle? How much do they usually let them go for?

Plenty of people have several kit bags.... for a variety of reasons.

Ask

Hammond said:
Is it possible to just approach them and purchase a second duffle? How much do they usually let them go for?

You are entitle to two duffel bags... (last time I check)

If I'm not mistaken Navy and Air Force get one (I could be very wrong, been a couple weeks since I've been on the counter). Army is entitled to 2. I know here in Borden we will not sell kit. No if, ands, or buts, we won't sell it no matter how many times you ask. However, if it's stolen or very misplaced, then simply come in, get a loss report and you can pay when the process is done. The Supply Tech will fill you in on what needs to happen with regards to the process. I haven't done many myself, and had a supervisor beside me to clarify any mistake I made in explaining, therefore I won't try here, at home, alone. Just not worth a misquote for me. If all else fails and you just want one for extra crap around the house and want to keep one, try any surplus store, they usually have some kicking around.

Hammond said:
Sorry for reviving a dead post, but I am looking for a standard duffle bag, or something similar to carry extra kit. Where can you purchase a duffle, or what are some good alternatives? Thanks in advance

If MEC is an option go get one of their black duffle bags.  I've used one for years in place of my green duffles, it holds more and is usually easier to find in a sea of green.

Hammond said:

Go back to the Det ... see Rene or Laurie, tell them that Vern sent you to get the 2nd duffle bag that you are entitled to. Tell them I said hello too ... and that, although I miss them, it's a whole lot less windy here in this location!!

You're welcome.

Chapeski said:
I know here in Borden we will not sell kit. No if, ands, or buts, we won't sell it no matter how many times you ask.

(Civy here)

I'm curious, why?

Is it "jut policy" o is there a reason? Do others bases sell them ? What ratio of others bases (like 3 bases out of 10)?

Maybe I'm too curious for this hour  :D ...

That's what Stores Loss and Damaged Reports are for --- it's in the books, no ifs, ands, or butts. Buddy loses one and walks in to your counter:

If he fills in the MLR and circles "accepts responsibility" and "accepts financial responsibility" -- you are then REQUIRED to give him a new one immediately and either collect the cash for it, process the pay (Admin) deducation for it, or accept the cheque (made out to the Reciver General) from him for it -- for whatever dollar value the MSO101 shows that item to be.

How you pay for the item is entirely dependant upon your location and what payment methods Supply, on behalf of Comptroller, will accept.

That's it -- end of MLR. There is NO next process if the guy reporting in has "accepted" responsibilities*; that's in the books too. Supply keeps that top portion of the MLR where you've "accepted" on file for the Auditors.

* Unless, of course, the item is a CTS item or is cadpat design, then buddy must have his supervisor sign section 3 (minimum rank WO) as being aware of the loss, & then bring it back to clothing stores. End of process.

Yrys said:
(Civy here)

I'm curious, why?

Is it "jut policy" o is there a reason? Do others bases sell them ? What ratio of others bases (like 3 bases out of 10)?

Maybe I'm too curious for this hour  :D ...

It's policy.

Military uniforms and kit can not just "be sold" unless they have been declared surplus/scrap/obsolete ... where they are then declared to CADC via RO and otherwise disposed of through them --- cadpat uniforms not being in a wearable or repairable (ie shredded) when they make it  onto the auction block as "scrap material" etc.

(already said civy here :), but sorry for the hijack )

What is MLR ? I get the gist of the definition, but what is the full name ?
... and CTS ?

(won't ask about TV, Tactical Vest is in the database  :) )

Thanks for your answer Vern. Is it policy to reduce the possibility of sell of kit outside of army ?
I presume some kit can't be declare "surplus" for a variety of reasons, including security,
so why not sell to soldiers same kit that can be sell as surplus (if it's not obsolete/scrap) ?

What is CDAC ? and RO (can't be near the Rules Of Engagement in the database) ?

MLR:  Stores Micellaneous Loss & Damage Report

CTS:  Clothe The Soldier

CADC:  Crown Assets Distribution Center

Even soldiers do not retain any operational kit items when they release. The CF just does not need people who are not in the CF being able to dress themselves up to look like an operational soldier. There's Federal Laws against that.

For a list of items that CF members can keep when they release, see here:

The bit called "Retention Items"

ArmyVern said:
MLR:  Stores Miscellaneous Loss & Damage Report

Even soldiers do not retain any operational kit items when they release. The CF just does not need people who are not in the CF being able to dress themselves up to look like an operational soldier. There's Federal Laws against that.

Thanks for the link and terms. Quite a list of retainable items...

For the "dress up like an operational soldier", I DO understand, as a image of Caporal Lortie in the Parliament in Québec flashed
to my mind.

Go back to the Det ... see Rene or Laurie, tell them that Vern sent you to get the 2nd duffle bag that you are entitled to. Tell them I said hello too ... and that, although I miss them, it's a whole lot less windy here in this location!!

You're welcome.

Thanks for the replies everyone, and thanks ArmyVern. I'll head in to speak with those fine gentlemen soon enough, they are a blast to listen to lol, and I will certainly pass on your message. Thanks again

ArmyVern said:
That's what Stores Loss and Damaged Reports are for --- it's in the books, no ifs, ands, or butts. Buddy loses one and walks in to your counter:

If he fills in the MLR and circles "accepts responsibility" and "accepts financial responsibility" -- you are then REQUIRED to give him a new one immediately and either collect the cash for it, process the pay (Admin) deducation for it, or accept the cheque (made out to the Reciver General) from him for it -- for whatever dollar value the MSO101 shows that item to be.

How you pay for the item is entirely dependant upon your location and what payment methods Supply, on behalf of Comptroller, will accept.

That's it -- end of MLR. There is NO next process if the guy reporting in has "accepted" responsibilities*; that's in the books too. Supply keeps that top portion of the MLR where you've "accepted" on file for the Auditors.

* Unless, of course, the item is a CTS item or is cadpat design, then buddy must have his supervisor sign section 3 (minimum rank WO) as being aware of the loss, & then bring it back to clothing stores. End of process.

Thank you for clarifying what I was trying to say Vern. it's a much better explanation than I Could have dreamed of giving.

Yrys said:
Thanks for your answer Vern. Is it policy to reduce the possibility of sell of kit outside of army ?
I presume some kit can't be declare "surplus" for a variety of reasons, including security,
so why not sell to soldiers same kit that can be sell as surplus (if it's not obsolete/scrap) ?

What is CDAC ? and RO (can't be near the Rules Of Engagement in the database) ?

CADPAT would be one of those secured items. There are very tight controls on ANYTHING we handle with CADPAT, including gloves. I won't go into how far the control goes, because I don't know, but it can have big consequences if someone high up gets worried. I've heard of stories of MP's paying a visit to surplus stores upon report of CADPAT being sold there.

Back