• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major Site Upgrade

Heheh, I saw that before submitting, shrugged and left it. Seemed fitting. :)

Just reporting that everything seems to be working very well for me ... I'm 12 hours out of synch with many (most?) users, so maybe that's why I have not seen many "overload" messages. I certainly have not had serious problems for the past several weeks although, clearly, many have.

Thanks, again, Mike ... we cannot say that often enough.  :salute:

E.R. Campbell said:
Just reporting that everything seems to be working very well for me ... I'm 12 hours out of synch with many (most?) users, so maybe that's why I have not seen many "overload" messages. I certainly have not had serious problems for the past several weeks although, clearly, many have.

:christmas happy:

You are watching while we (and Mike) are sleeping....

:subbies:

E.R. Campbell said:

Then you have the advantage of seeing our problems 12 hours before it affects you!  ;)

Unable to log in on the https side.  Have to log in on the unsecured site, then it hops over when logged in. 

recceguy said:
Then you have the advantage of seeing our problems 12 hours before it affects you!  ;)

In a way, I guess, except that I have not had the https problem, and while I have seen a few "server too busy" messages ~ maybe a half dozen, even ten over the past month, and a tiny handful ~ two, three four ~ of "white screens," it appears that I have been spared 90% of the angst; I'm guessing it's because I log on at non-peak hours ...  :dunno:  ... or maybe it's because I'm such a good boy!  ;D

E.R. Campbell said:
:dunno:  ... or maybe it's because I'm such a good boy!  ;D

Don't get carried away..........

Larry Strong said:
Every morning    "no new content".....

Can you expand on that? I don't have enough detail to go on... E.G. What links are you clicking? What are you expecting to see that you don't? A screenshot and copy/paste of the URL always helps too.

Kat Stevens said:
Unable to log in on the https side.  Have to log in on the unsecured site, then it hops over when logged in.

When you try to log in over HTTPS does it give an error?

Mike Bobbitt said:
Can you expand on that? I don't have enough detail to go on... E.G. What links are you clicking? What are you expecting to see that you don't? A screenshot and copy/paste of the URL always helps too.

Sorry about that Mike...might have solved my problem by re-saving the site in my favorites.

I could get my subscribed content but it would not show any new content. It would show the page as if you have just erased all the notices....

Cheers
Larry

Mike Bobbitt said:

When you try to log in over HTTPS does it give an error?

It just refuses to log me in, gives me the incorrect password message.

It almost never logs me in first attempt....."password incorrect".....always logs me in the second time.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
It almost never logs me in first attempt....."password incorrect".....always logs me in the second time.

That's very fishy sounding (or maybe even phishy sounding). Some browsers pre-fill in passwords, and if you have changed passwords, they still pre-fill the old one causing a first-time failure. Are you manually typing the password each time? Could be good old-fashioned typos, though most folks find that inconceivable. :)

My recommendation is to never enter your password unless you see the "secure" notice in the address bar, as indicated below. Yep, that means always HTTPS/SSL and that implies always Army.ca (or accept the security warning when you use HTTPS with the other sites).

When you don't use HTTPS, the username/password you enter goes in the clear and you risk it being picked up by The Bad Guys.

If there's a problem with HTTPS then, I'd like to address it... but I can log in and out repeatedly with no rejections so I'm not sure what you're experiencing.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Army.ca Secure.PNG
    Army.ca Secure.PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 156
Bruce Monkhouse said:
That's still happening with me as well. I'm always on the Army version. The autofill dots are there, showing the number of character strokes, but I always clear and re-type (in case it's an old password).  98% of the time, it works on the second attempt.

And again, it's very minor heartache; I'm just glad the site's up and running.  :nod:

Hmmm, that's me stumped. And you're starting from https://army.ca/forums/index.php?action=login, not some other link?

Back