• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical diagnosis difficulties while serving

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARTAGNAN

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD when I was 8, we told the CAF but I wasn’t taking any pills for almost two years. Psychiatric know that test need to be reassess at major age. They asked me does it disappeared ? No  Can he managed it? I have find ways but are they applicable to military life ? Who knows ... but not they never told me I could get medication in the system but they told me to not speak about it by risking a medical release.  And I after they comeback on PCat.

DARTAGNAN said:
Hello,

I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD when I was 8, we told the CAF but I wasn’t taking any pills for almost two years. Psychiatric know that test need to be reassess at major age. They asked me does it disappeared ? No  Can he managed it? I have find ways but are they applicable to military life ? Who knows ... but not they never told me I could get medication in the system but they told me to not speak about it by risking a medical release.  And I after they comeback on PCat.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to ask/state in this post - are you saying you are already in with ADHD and on a PCAT? or that you had issues getting in at all?

Are you able to clear up what you are saying - what you've written is not very coherent.

So
Ayrsayle said:
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are trying to ask/state in this post - are you saying you are already in with ADHD and on a PCAT? or that you had issues getting in at all?

Are you able to clear up what you are saying - what you've written is not very coherent.
Sorry for the previous post, using my third language here. 

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 8 (2002). Took pills until my late 15 (2009). Applied in CF in early 2011, we disclosed everything from my family doctor. At the recruitment center they asked us if the condition does disappear, psychiatrics know it doesn't (but it wasn’t a medical staff who asked the questions), I have met three that told me the same.  They also asked, can he manages it without medication?  Well, in the reality of civilian life I found ways to diminish the symptoms of it but live with me for 48 hrs and you'll found out I do still have some of the symptoms. I finally got in without any further information any diagnosis reassess (symptoms of ADHD change from time to time). It's not only that the staff there seemed very incompetent in the subject but they also told me to no speak about my condition if it becomes problematic because I could risk a medical release. So for 6-7 years and counting my rights to be accommodated have been violated. After a performance failure they finally reassessed me confirming ADHD which was already disclosed 6 years ago but now because of this performance failure from PRB (who didn’t want to recognize my medical condition because I have been told to not speak about it) sent me in admin review while it probably wouldn't have occurred if I had had the academic accommodations that the WSurg gave me a year later. The actual situation is now I have two grievances in: One for fake harassment complaint and the other one is for the PRB (denial of my medical condition, plus the PRB was presided by the officer who falsely told me that someone has made a harassment complaint against me. But they still conduct the Admin review rather than waiting the outcomes of the grievances, especially the second one. The only time I speak about my ADHD after the enrolling was at every initial interviews of courses but nobody bother until too late. A PCat would actually proves how the CAF screwed my thing because there are proofs of ADHD symptoms for 5-6 years long in my file. I have almost 7 years in but might only in couple months I will start to be accommodated: benefit from academic accommodations, PCat and a job that’s fits me better after. 

What should I do? I do think that my human’s rights have been violated because, outside I would have had such accommodations. How they still pursue admin review rather not waiting grievances decision? 
Hope it clarifies things a bit.
Forgot to mention that my CO took 6 weeks to sign that NOI for grievance so I was already back in Borden. Not only he sent that NOI super late after he told me he wouldn’t do anything in my shoes but he sent it to the Major mentioned earlier and right after I failed my exam. My CoC tried to release me under 5f which they don’t have the power plus my rebuttal included medical information (I had to disclose all my medical file to my CoC because of improper processes on their own). But now since it through DMCA-2, my CoC says I need to pass by them for ADHD questions? I do not think so plus very frustrating that to truthfully express my rebuttal I have no choice to rat my CoC members who should have known better. This forced me to pass over my CoC to get my story right but get retaliation when they find out I directly sent my paper in Ottawa.

DARTAGNAN said:
I finally got in without any further information any diagnosis reassess (symptoms of ADHD change from time to time).

This is the Recruiting forum: ADHD, ADD, and why we can't get in rants...... 

From another thread, it seems the OP also has/had a cardiac condition that caused him issues. For someone who claims he made full medical disclosure, it seems the medical system, or the recruiting system failed, in letting the individual in.

Sometimes disclosure is graded on a continuum.

DARTAGNAN,

I’m sorry that your experience in the CAF has been a negative one but it sounds to me you require assistance.  I would suggest asking for an assisting officer (of your choice preferably) to your chain of command to guide you though the admin processes. This forum may confuse things further without knowing all the details.

Good luck.

rnkelly said:
DARTAGNAN,

I’m sorry that your experience in the CAF has been a negative one but it sounds to me you require assistance.  I would suggest asking for an assisting officer (of your choice preferably) to your chain of command to guide you though the admin processes. This forum may confuse things further without knowing all the details.

Good luck.

This is the best advice you're going to get here. Coupled with your other thread, it looks like your situation is a mess, and that's just what you've chosen to share with us. I'm sure there's more to it still. I highly suggest getting assistance from an assisting officer who knows their stuff. Anything you get here will be based on the partial information you've given us, which means it may be biased in favour of what you want to hear. Get help from someone who has access to the full picture and who can assist you objectively and with all the information at hand.

Ok,

let me clarifies some for you. Me and my CoC are in no discussion. If my CO wouldn't have taken 6 weeks to sign that NOI for grievance, the Major back in Borden wouldn't  have intimidate me and ultimately failed one single test that lead to PRB presided by this major and then recommended a admin review which is happening now after having been  denied my medical condition disclosed 6 years before at the PRB. Funny fact, 6 years later I finally had academic accommodations for my ADHD but now too late because I risk release. Why I couldn't have it earlier, because I have been told to no speak about it.

I cannot use my CoC because:

1. The CO tried to set me up for failure after he said he wouldn't do anything if he was in my shoes about the grievance, surprisingly he took all his time to sign that NOI plus sending to the Major (from the PRB) rather than me.

2. My CoC didn't not provide any help when I had suicidal thoughts.

3. I'm a Reg F Officer but presently treated like a reservist for annual or my Major's order, having to work 15days to gain 1 annual (I've never heard such policy).

4. After screwed me up on that formation, CoC tried to released me under 5f when they don't have the power to do so plus when my rebuttal includes a lot of medical going straight to Ottawa but still take document as reference. In the case of an admin review for conduct for a unqualified officer it would be the Admin O but that person happen to be my Major, I call conflict of interest there.

5. My Major tried to say that I lied at the recruitment center about the fact I was indeed taking medications at the time of enrollment and omit to say it but I have proofs begging the difference.

Ombudsman, Padres won't do anything. Admin review is still conduct while grievances have been submitted months before plus waiting on a PCat that would have affected all my career. I really don't know to whom to turn myself to.

Even if you don’t get along with your chain of command you can request an assisting officer through them, doing it in writing might be wise.  Also, the assisting officer doesn’t need to be from your chain of command. 

I already have an assisting officer from outside my CoC but I'm more than unhappy by the fact she doesn't work with me at all. She's just a capitan who's replacing her major. I should get my own help, I know a Colonel that offered me help last summer.

You should go ahead and do that. I'm going to lock this up, because I can see the train wreck coming. Your best route for advice and help is an assisting officer, not this forum asking questions in your self admitted third language that just lead to more questions than the answers you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back