• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meet the GM Defense ISV Army Truck

Our Recce Platoon guys had the Iltis and it looked cool with it stripped down,,,until the weather got cool. Actually it sucks.

As I look at this vehicle what is it intended to do? What's its capacity weight wise?
The role of these vehicles is to provide organic mobility to light battalions when they go to Latvia as part of a surge. They should not be seen as a fighting vehicle, but rather a way for the light battalion to move out of contact.

The role of these vehicles is to provide organic mobility to light battalions when they go to Latvia as part of a surge. They should not be seen as a fighting vehicle, but rather a way for the light battalion to move out of contact.
SO - I would think that perhaps the vehicles are Zulu harbored somewhere out of contact a tactical bound behind the troops? Just spitballing here.

Yes. They should be used to provide operational mobility for the Light Bn to move between AOs.
In a tactical sense they be likely used to carry the sustainment items, ie rucks, additional ammo, water, equipment to charge batteries etc.

I would expect them to also be used by the mortars, ATGMS, DFS etc to get themselves and the systems into positions and then pull back and be cached.

I would not be surprised to see the Bns start trying to figure out how to mount weapons on them for use as a fire base but given the Bns won’t actually own the vehicles that will likely be limited.

So you would rather have the Milverado with a hard cover, ari and a decent heater then.

This might not be a question that can be answered on the internet, but was the selection of flyover LIB with pre-positioned mobility aids vice flyover mech battalion with pre-positioned LAV's based purely/primarily on the relative ease and /or short term viability of the former, or is there a tactical/terrain based justification for bringing light troops into the Bde?

Back