• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

merit listing

GraemeCaughill

Inactive
Reaction score
Like most posts here and like my previous post, im looking for insight on my timeline for bmq.
my interview and medical all went extremely well. and after getting an professional eye exam done and sent to Ottawa with my medical i am just awaiting my final name check (background check) and references.
what can i expect in the next few weeks as i know my medical has come back passed from Ottawa, as well as having applied for infantry and combat engineer what can i expect on a timing to be merit listed and accepted.
i know these topics get thrown out daily but some friendly info is always comforting, and encouraging.

thanks again guys and gals.

GraemeCaughill said:
Like most posts here and like my previous post, im looking for insight on my timeline for bmq.

No-one can tell you that with any measure of certainly. Not even if they wrap puttees around their head, use a Ouija Board and channel the ghost of Julian Byng. Time as we know it simply does not exist in the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group.

Michael O'Leary said:
No-one can tell you that with any measure of certainly. Not even if they wrap puttees around their head, use a Ouija Board and channel the ghost of Julian Byng. Time as we know it simply does not exist in the Canadian Forces Recruiting Group.
Haha i figured as much, the painful itch of waiting has gotten the better of me. all i can do is keep praying to the universe i suppose.

how long have you been waiting for you interview and medical?
it all moved relatively quickly to get to those points.
and i believe that there should be absolutely no problem with my background check. so i suppose i have another 2 week wait roughly to find out. last call i made to my file manager was about 2 weeks ago and he was still awaiting my file to return from Ottawa which he assured me there would be no issues with.

I did my CFAT on Feb 25th, I have been waiting since for my medical and interview.. But because they are one of those recruiting centers, they decided to do my Enhanced Reliability Check, and Background Check first.

I am just waiting for the Background Check to get back to the recruiting center and waiting for it to clear.. And hopefully soon after will get contacted to do my Medical and Interview.

AlphaBravo said:
I did my CFAT on Feb 25th, I have been waiting since for my medical and interview.. But because they are one of those recruiting centers, they decided to do my Enhanced Reliability Check, and Background Check first.

My ERC has cleared and now I am just waiting for the Background Check to get back to the recruiting center. And hopefully soon after will get contacted to do my Medical and Interview.
hmm well atleast you have that done and now just awaiting the easy part. i thought that my references and my background check would have came before all of my testing but i suppose my cfrc does things different. none the less good luck on your final test and interview. and hopefully ill have some good news soon on my timeline for Basic.

GraemeCaughill said:
hmm well atleast you have that done and now just awaiting the easy part. i thought that my references and my background check would have came before all of my testing but i suppose my cfrc does things different. none the less good luck on your final test and interview. and hopefully ill have some good news soon on my timeline for Basic.

Good luck to you as well, I am hoping this week provides some good luck haha.

GraemeCaughill said:
my interview and medical all went extremely well. and after getting an professional eye exam done and sent to Ottawa with my medical i am just awaiting my final name check (background check) and references.
what can i expect in the next few weeks as i know my medical has come back passed from Ottawa, as well as having applied for infantry and combat engineer what can i expect on a timing to be merit listed and accepted.
i know these topics get thrown out daily but some friendly info is always comforting, and encouraging.

thanks again guys and gals.

Looks to me like you've gone through the exact same process as me, same trade, recruitment centre, and were even both from guelph! So from my experience it took three months from interview to get merit listed. So now just waiting for an offer, which I've heard the first combat arms selections are May 26th.. Since that is the selection date perhaps you will be merit listed quicker than I was? I'm not sure but good luck! Just call in every couple weeks and ask how your application is doing, they don't call you once you're merit listed as far as I know.

Jordan10 said:
Looks to me like you've gone through the exact same process as me, same trade, recruitment centre, and were even both from guelph! So from my experience it took three months from interview to get merit listed. So now just waiting for an offer, which I've heard the first combat arms selections are May 26th.. Since that is the selection date perhaps you will be merit listed quicker than I was? I'm not sure but good luck! Just call in every couple weeks and ask how your application is doing, they don't call you once you're merit listed as far as I know.

hey man thats pretty awesome! ive yet to meet anyone from Guelph going through for the same things. and thats very encouraging news! i know that they said it was very promising once my checks had been done that i would be moved along for this summer.
and hey if you ever wanna chat about whats happening send me a pm with your facebook or contact info? maybe grab a pint sometime. its exciting to hear of someone from the same city going for the same thing. cheers and good luck!!

Nothing really to do besides hurry up and wait, which is a fine CF tradition.

Hello people

i did my interview about 1 month ago and all they said was left was to do was call my refrences.

They called my workplace but none of my refrences yet...

any idea how long that takes?

i am going in for avn tech and apperantly they are in need of that trade so i figured it would be going much faster...

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jim11333 said:
Hello people

i did my interview about 1 month ago and all they said was left was to do was call my refrences.

They called my workplace but none of my refrences yet...

any idea how long that takes?

i am going in for avn tech and apperantly they are in need of that trade so i figured it would be going much faster...

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

They called only one of my references out of 4. The girl from Garda told me that 'cause I was under 25, the Canadian Army only need 1 person if this person know you for more than 5 years and 2 if both know you for less than 5 years. So I guess they do not need to call them all.

There is also the possibility that the people they've talk to at your workplace was enough, because at the end you had some kind of ''Relation'' with those person just as you had with your ''Personnal references''.

But at the end, you never really know with the CF. It's like if they have a different policy for every file.

That must be what they are doing with mine because I figured the would just keep going down the list after they called my work.

Anyways thanks for the input I'll have to keep being patient.

I have seen many different answers to this. Some have called all of their references some have only had one, as the above poster had said. I am still waiting to have my background check done and my references called so I do not know personally yet.
good luck with the rest of your application. Still hoping mine goes smoothly for the rest.

Well they only called 1 reference out of 4 for my Background Check, and I have only known her for around 3 years. But then again I was 16 when I met her.

I went into NewWest cfrc to change one of my reference numbers because my reference changed her number, and the guy at the front desk said the computers were down today due to a air conditioning problem so they had to shut the servers or whatever down. Just an FYI for everyone with an application at NewWest

sunny1994 said:
I went into NewWest cfrc to change one of my reference numbers because my reference changed her number, and the guy at the front desk said the computers were down today due to a air conditioning problem so they had to shut the servers or whatever down. Just an FYI for everyone with an application at NewWest

:facepalm: Didn't stop someone from getting a offer today though from New West, hopefully tomorrow they're not still down.

Patience is certainly an important quality to have during this process. It took a year for my to get my offer. I applied July 2013. First little bit went by quick. aptitude test, medical, interview.. second interview in Feb. Then just had to wait for background check. One of my references got a call in May, then I got my off just a few weeks ago. Heading to St. Jean the end of August. Only advice I could possibly give is be patient, call every few weeks and ask for an update on the status of your app.

I applied for the third time April 30, 2013, and received an offer on July 29, 2014. That's a long time to be buggering around with interviews and sending paperwork back and forth. And, oh, the uncertainty....!

Patience is a virtue, and not easily won.

So I think I just got merit listed?

I had to provide new references and because of this I was in contact with the outsourced company doing my reference check.  The worker just called me to inform me my "background check is complete". Does this mean I am merit listed or does the DND look over information sent back from the outside company then decide? I am going to e-mail my cfrc later this week but wanted to ask on here now because I am pretty damn excited!

Thanks for any insight.

Back