• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

merit listing

ace1125 said:
So I think I just got merit listed?

I had to provide new references and because of this I was in contact with the outsourced company doing my reference check.  The worker just called me to inform me my "background check is complete". Does this mean I am merit listed or does the DND look over information sent back from the outside company then decide? I am going to e-mail my cfrc later this week but wanted to ask on here now because I am pretty damn excited!

Thanks for any insight.
The only way you'll know for sure is if you contact your CFRC and ask them. I was merit listed two weeks after my reference checks were complete.

niftynicolemarie said:
The only way you'll know for sure is if you contact your CFRC and ask them. I was merit listed two weeks after my reference checks were complete.

Okay, that's what I was thinking.

Thanks!

I'm still waiting on if I've been merit listed and when my BMQ will be. I remembered that I handed in a transcript stating I had 27 credits when really I have all 30. Is this putting me at the back of the line there understanding I dont have my diploma? Its been since April I handed in my fingerprints which was the final step and I haven't heard from them. Its been a long 2 years now my time has got to be soon.

Infantryman2b said:
I'm still waiting on if I've been merit listed and when my BMQ will be. I remembered that I handed in a transcript stating I had 27 credits when really I have all 30. Is this putting me at the back of the line there understanding I dont have my diploma? Its been since April I handed in my fingerprints which was the final step and I haven't heard from them. Its been a long 2 years now my time has got to be soon.

If you haven't had contact with your Centre since Apr or checked in periodically, chances are your application has gone nowhere and or may have been closed.

Ive had contact but they dont give much, I never recieved any emails or anything since my backround check. Last contact was June. They told me not to call so much because it looks bad.

Infantryman2b said:
Last contact was June. They told me not to call so much because it looks bad.

:facepalm:

I'm surprised they went ahead and Background Checks on people even though no interview or medical were given. I remember last time I went down to my RC they said "I had been vetted and can continue with the process so I'm assuming thats the norm now?

I got a hold of them and was told my file had been closed because I got beat out by other candidates. She said I can reapply so will that mean going online doing another application and redoing the testing?

Infantryman2b said:
I got a hold of them and was told my file had been closed because I got beat out by other candidates. She said I can reapply so will that mean going online doing another application and redoing the testing?

Oh brother!!!      :facepalm:

Your best option at this point in time, just do another online application.  It will save you alot of grief and aggravation in the long run.

And your file just doesn't get CLOSED for the reason they apparently have given you.  Good luck!!!

I couldn't believe it when she said that. I waited over a year to even hear from them after submitting my online application to do my medical and have my interview, only to have my file closed 4 months later? Ridiculous.

Hey Infantryman2b. I was in the same place as you a couple years ago. I applied and got my application "closed" (I cant remember the exact term they used) and I had to reapply. After I reapplied I got called for the aptitude test, interview and medical then was merit listed. Though I did wait another full year to finally get a job offer and leave for BMQ in November but my point stays the same. Just keep going man, reapply and hope for the best. I would also call them every so often just to see how your application is doing.
Don't sweat the small stuff man, your time will come. Good Luck!

Back