• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Met Tech Observing Postings for Pte's

Adamant

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there, I was just wondering which bases have Met Tech Pte's posted to them for observing.  I did a search and came across a list of Cold Lake, Comox, Bagotville, Greenwood, and Trenton in the Met Tech Info thread.  These were given as a response to places to do OJT after ones 3's course.

I was just wondering if this a complete list of the wings that have observers.  Also would wings that don't have Met Tech observers just use AWOS or do they contract the observing out to civilians?

Thanks

Wickes

I am a Pte waiting for my 3's course in Winnipeg this summer.  My understanding is that after your 3's in YWG you'll finish your OJT in Gagetown.  From there, you'll be signed off on your proficiencies in briefing and observing.  Upon completion you may end up spending more time at the Joint Met center there (posted) or be posted out.  Be advised that a Met Tech's career doesn't completely exist within the AF.  We are truly a purple trade and have techs not only posted to wings but as well ships and artillery units.

Hope this helps

As of right now the Wings that take Met Tech observers are Bagotville, Cold Lake, Comox, Greenwood, Trenton, and if you're lucky Shearwater. As mentioned in the previous post though, everybody who completes the BOQ goes to Gagetown to be signed of on observing and briefing. Once you are signed off you might get posted out right away, or possibly stay there for a few years.
The rest of the Wings use either a combination of AWOS and SGT/WO Met Techs, or civi observers.

Back