• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Member arrested in Ontario - 4JAN13

Dissident

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.quintenews.com/2013/01/opp-charge-military-police-officer/39401/

OPP ARREST MILITARY POLICE OFFICER

(Quinte West, ON) – On January 4, 2013 members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Quinte West Crime Unit launched an investigation into a break and enter that occurred on Bay Street, Trenton that day.

A 36-year-old male from Quinte West, an on-duty member of the Canadian Armed Forces, Military Police, entered a residence and assaulted a male occupant and pointed his issued firearm at another male.

As a result of the investigation, Matthew HORNER has been arrested and charged with:
Break and Enter
Unlawfully in a Dwelling House
Pointing a Firearm
Assault with a Weapon

He was arrested and appeared in the Ontario Court of Justice, Belleville today. He was released on conditions to appear in court on January 17, 2013.

The investigation is continuing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The article makes it sound like Horner is an officer, but I am prety sure he is an NCM.

Off duty MPs take their wpns home? I thought they left them at the guardhouse.

ArmyVern said:
MCpl according to outlook.

That's my favourite part about the DWAN, looking up people who are in trouble.  >:D

...Frustrating to read articles like this.

(I shouldn't have posted my original words so hastily. I do apologize.)

Shuck10 said:
It's really frustrating to read of someone completely throwing something away they most likely worked hard for, while simultaneously slapping those in the face who would gladly give it all to be where they are were...Not to mention giving the one-finger-salute to every person they've ever worked with~directly or indirectly~and whoever invested their time/money into them.

Guess there's a job opening for us wannabes...

Well, in all fairness, he hasn't tried or been found guilty of anything at this point in time.

ArmyVern said:
Well, in all fairness, he hasn't tried or been found guilty of anything at this point in time.

This is very true.

Shuck10 said:
This is very true...it certainly doesn't look good though.  There was obviously a severe lack of judgement somewhere along the way, regardless of what he's actually found guilty of.  Too bad there aren't more details. (Although, even if there were more media usually screws-up the details anyway...)

Guess you missed how Vern alluded to the whole presumption of innocence thing. We try to remind folks of that any time threads like this pop up, guess this is as good a time as any for that reminder.

How it looks does not matter and there is no guarantee that anyone will be found guilty of anything whatsoever.

Scott
Staff

Agreed, Scott.

I didn't post in an appropriate manner in the first place. I apologize.

Shuck10 said:
It's really frustrating to read of someone completely throwing something away they most likely worked hard for, while simultaneously slapping those in the face who would gladly give it all to be where they are were...Not to mention giving the one-finger-salute to every person they've ever worked with~directly or indirectly~and whoever invested their time/money into them.

Guess there's a job opening for us wannabes...

Yup, it's all about you and the other gonna/wanna/neverwillbes.  Dial back the melodrama a few amps, man, you or I don't know the "why" or "how" or even the "if" of it yet.

Kat Stevens said:
Yup, it's all about you and the other gonna/wanna/neverwillbes.  Dial back the melodrama a few amps, man, you or I don't know the "why" or "how" or even the "if" of it yet.

I agree. I didn't post with objectiveness at all, and didn't mean to offend. I do apologize for coming off that way.

I'm surprised nobody has Googled his name yet...

"How it looks does not matter and there is no guarantee that anyone will be found guilty of anything whatsoever."

That is true Scott, but you really think that somebody breaks in, points his gun to the other persons face and will be find innocent???

6V666 said:
  "How it looks does not matter and there is no guarantee that anyone will be found guilty of anything whatsoever."

That is true Scott, but you really think that somebody breaks in, points his gun to the other persons face and will be find innocent???

Holy crap......................is there still people that naive these day?  People walk away from these thing ALL the time.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Holy crap......................is there still people that naive these day?
Consider the source, and look at his track record of posting out his ass.  ::)

Back