• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Member arrested in Ontario - 4JAN13

6V666 said:
  "How it looks does not matter and there is no guarantee that anyone will be found guilty of anything whatsoever."

That is true Scott, but you really think that somebody breaks in, points his gun to the other persons face and will be find innocent???

We haven't heard all sides of the story.

Unless you were there, you can't even begin to speculate.

If you were there,  you shouldn't be talking about it.

I am not speculating but is no reason for somebody to break in and point an issued gun. There is lots of other ways to resolve an issue. I didn't mean to piss  off anybody but that's my opinion special you journeyman I mean " smartass"

6V666:

Maybe you should cut your losses and sum up. Just a friendly warning.

6V666 said:
I am not speculating but is no reason for somebody to break in and point an issued gun. There is lots of other ways to resolve an issue. I didn't mean to piss  off anybody but that's my opinion special you journeyman I mean " smartass"

i can think of several scenarios where police officers have been charged for similar acts on duty because they exceeded their authority but were acting in good faith.

Im not saying thats the case here but I am saying that it might be a little early to make any calls on whos guilty of what.

But if he is guilty and it was him being a thud-**** let him swing. But until that comes out in the wash its too little to make decisions on.

NinerSix said:
A 36-year-old male from Quinte West, an on-duty member of the Canadian Armed Forces, Military Police, entered a residence and assaulted a male occupant and pointed his issued firearm at another male.

Police officers have to point guns at people all the time 6V666. They also do lots of stuff that looks like B/E.

You might want to dial it back to "watch and listen" a bit.

6V666 said:

So why bother with all of the fuss and expense of a trial in this, or any other case, then?

Why not just convict and sentence based upon a short piece by a journalist, untrained in criminal investigations, who probably was never at the crime scene, probably has not interviewed all of those present, and has not had the opportunity to examine any of the physical evidence, and your speculative opinion?

Which would you prefer, should you ever be charged? Judge or jury, or journalist and idiot?

Have you never heard the phrase "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"? Please explain the meaning of that quote, in your own words. Spelling, proper capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure all count.

Container said:
Police officers have to point guns at people all the time 6V666.

During my time at 427 Squadron in the early eighties, an MP actually shot and wounded an officer from 2 RCHA at the entrance to that Officer's PMQ.

The MP was not charged.

The Officer was.

Loachman said:
During my time at 427 Squadron in the early eighties, an MP actually shot and wounded an officer from 2 RCHA at the entrance to that Officer's PMQ.

The MP was not charged.

The Officer was.

That sounds like an interesting story.

Even as a Peace Officer, I had smashed a car window to rescue an unconscious woman in medical distress... I got pulled up on "The Board" because apparently someone thought I had broken into the car and attacked the woman.

The public only report what they can see, and more often then not it sounds much worse than it is.
Let Due Process take its course.

Loachman said:

The MP was not charged.

The Officer was.

As an old 2 RCHAer I have to admit that quote got my nosy busybody sense interested. Is there more to that story?

Feel free to pm me if you don't want to put it out in the public forum.

Container said:
That sounds like an interesting story.
If it's whom I think it is, he was my MCpl in Shearwater.  And yes, his story was interesting.

Back