• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

Oh yeah, I've just bought exactly what they told me to bring, so hopefully everything'll work out.  Thanks for all of your advice, I will take it with me. ;)

Hi all, looks like I just might finally get through the re-enlistment process and go off to basic this spring.

I'm planning my finances, and a search hasn't given me this answer: What is the net pay for a NavRes N/CDT during IAP/BOTC?

It's easy enough to find out the gross pay, but I need to plan for after deductions. Anyone have info?

Thanks.

Just a side note, to the best of my knowledge, you will be doing BMQ/BOTP since you are reserve, not reg. IAP/BOTP is the reg force basic course for officers.

Big Foot said:
Just a side note, to the best of my knowledge, you will be doing BMQ/BOTP since you are reserve, not reg. IAP/BOTP is the reg force basic course for officers.

Naval Reserve and Air Reserve  do a reg force equivalent IAP/BOTC rather then the compressed militia BMQ.

Navalsnipr said:
current pay rates for reservists can be seen at:

Hey, thanks for that, but as I posted the gross amount is easy to find, I'm trying to get a sense of what I'll clear on a paycheque after deductions. Just trying to make sure the bills will be covered while I'm off for 3 months.

x-grunt said:
Naval Reserve and Air Reserve  do a reg force equivalent IAP/BOTC rather then the compressed militia BMQ.
Seen, I stand corrected I guess then :) Was just going off of my experience with the army reservists this summer, thats all.

If I may add another question along this line. I am heading to Venture to NavRes IAP 30 April - 16 June, BOTP 18 June to 10 July, then NETPO 16 July to 25 July. Obviously I am a Naval Cadet at present.

My question is simply, do all Naval Cadets receive their Acting Sub Lieutentant Commission at the end of BOTP?

No they don't.  If you are RESO, then you will not get your promotion until the end of your first trade course (MARS I, for example).  If you already have a degree, then yes, you do get promoted at your graduation parade or shortly thereafter.

Oh, and back when the pay rate was $78 per day (it's gone up) I was recieving just under $1k per pay period after deductions (two weeks) while on IAP/BOTP.  This is of course not your "true" paycheque because of your "away from unit" incidental benefits you recieve upon your return.  All of my info is outdated however -- The extra daily pay could bump you into another tax category for all I know.... 

A good question. One hard to find for the officer side, when I asked via Recruiting, they told me it depended on too many factors and refused to give any indication.

I dont know for Res, but maybe Reg force conjecture may help:
At any rate, on the Reg Force side, it depends on enrollment plan since that factors which category you are paid at (A, B, C, etc).

As an example, a CEOTP candidate earns roughly the same (+/- 100$) as a Private Basic.

Private Basic deductions as per what someone else has posted on another thread here (I can never find it quickly).  You can do a *general* extrapolation of the percentages Im sure to get an idea.  But how this would affect Res pay, I have no idea.

Single:

Pay rate:  2421.00
Supplemental death benefits: 5.85
Employment Insurance: 47.21
CF Pension and CPP: 203.44
SISSIP/LTD: 5.07
Income Taxes: 415.51
Sales tax: 0.53
Single quarters: 74.00
Rations: 365.61

Total deductions: 1117.22

Net take home pay:  1303.78

Meridian, HQ9'er, thanks for the info. Every little bit helps. Just been informed I might get my prior pay rate (Cpl.) which will help quite a bit. It's about $175 a week more. (However, I have been on the receiving end of pay foul ups before...so best to be prepared for the lowest pay rate.)

Mainz, I'll see you there (hopefully).

Over the course of a weekend BMQ would you make as much as you would during a Summer BMQ? Just been curious because I don't wanna be bummed out if my recruiting officer can't slip me in for the summer :D The money would help me get my first car haha so anyways any info would be coool :D

Sweet, tyvm sir. Oh, I'm not to sure if you misunderstood, I ment does the pay for a full weekend BMQ course equal the pay for a full summer BMQ course, like in the end of both BMQs would two people one on each course, have made the same ammount?

yes it will..you might get less money at the end because since you contract full time is over a moths worth it...you have a few more extra pay day.

at least that is what happenned in our case...

I just finished BMQ and I'm getting 5 more pay day... 2 week end, 2 more day for annual and 1 more day for holiday (which is Monday for Quebec)

I am going to take my iap/botc for DEO either this AUgust or next year however I don't know if I will get paid biweekly as an 2nd Lt or lower?

Ask your recruiter, they will be able to tell you exactly how much, based on your personal details.  Nothing beats information from the horses mouth.

Catherine,

You will be sworn in and appointed OCdt and paid at that rate (monthly alloted bi-weekly) approx 1273/Month less rations and quarters and other good old mandatory deductions CPP/QPP (thats right QPP for the time you are in Que) and son on, upon completion of whichever Phase DEO Candidates are commissioned (I'm honestly not too sure if its the end of IAP/BOTC as CEOTP applicants or different for some reason) you will be commisoned 2lt and paid as a 2lt and backpaid from the day you swear in (if it states the effective date of commsioning to be your swearing in date on the offer/msg) I am assuming you have no previous service so you would be paid as 2Lt Cat C pay incentive 0, if however you do have previous service in the rank of Cpl or above you will be paid as 2Lt Cat D IPC 0, I could be of the mark a little as our situations a different but CBI 204.211 (linked below) Refers, feel free to pm me if some of this is unclear.

John

http://www.dnd.ca/dgcb/cbi/engraph/home_e.asp?sidesection=6&Section=204.211&sidecat=21&Chapter=204#204.211

At the end of BMOQ (BOTP) you will be eligible for commissioning.

I have heard some CEOTP are not eligible for commission until they are done thier phase training.  And I know this is fact cause I did a course with someone who was like that.

I can second that; know a CEOTP pilot that remained an Ocdt until he was winged. But the catch was that he went directly to Lt. and received all his 2Lt. backpay in a lump sum; sorta like a forced savings plan. Also he was to remain Lt. for 8 months longer than the DEO/ROTP folk before being promoted to captain, don't think any back pay is involved in that one.

Back