• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Montreal English Reserves

Dimitrov

You have been onto this for over a month now.  You live somewhere in Montreal.  It is kind of hard for someone in Vancouver to be doing your homework for you.  We don't even know where abouts in Montreal you live, as to inform you as to the closest Reserve unit.  We already know you don't want to wear a kilt (heaven knows why?), nor that you want to join some other unit.  Your choices are rather slim.  You either man up and join one of the units, or you wait until some unit is created that you do like.......and that is never.

I would have said CGG as well...

Dimitrov said:
However, I simply can't imagine following orders in french, no offense meant at all, it's just my little weird thing. I find the queen's english to be more direct and harsh then the french, I guess(since it's a germanic language).

The language doesn't really matter, when the WO starts yelling at you, I guaranty you will move  ;)

Dimitrov said:
The Black Watch and the Royal Montreal Regiment are ruled out of my list since they don't fit my own personal expectations (it's my own problem, they surely are suited for other people.)
There are only 3 english infantry units in Montreal and you've ruled two out above.  That leaves the CGG.  Note that the RMR is a fairly bilingual unit so really the RHC and CGG are your only two choices for primarily english units.

I recommend any Montreal-based unit.

Not sure I understand your personal expectations and ideas of "fit", but it doesn't really matter. No unit in Montreal is 100% English or 100% French.

Regardless of the unit you join, best of luck.

Back