• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More $$ for RMC students...?

Sure does.  So how would it work if i was living in a university residence, would dnd pay tuition and my res fees, plus give me the salary and the PLD?

bbbb said:
Any Officer-Cadet doing university-level studies will find SLT a walk in the park compared to engineering.

And how about those arts students, who call somewhere in Newfoundland, Nunavut, or some other area where French is barely a requirement in school?  They might not find it as easy as those that hail from the Manitoba to NB corridor.

Yes, there is an arts program at RMC.

I prefer history to engineering myself. I will remind you that I NEVER said there was no arts program at RMC.

The Manitoba to NB corridor? With the exception of Quebec and NB I'd say French isn't that well learned you know. Unless you live in a French community it is quite difficult to learn French. This Manitoba to NB corridor thing dosen't make any sense to me. Perhaps you can enlighten me about that?

Have a good day,

bbbb

Hello people, I have been following this post and it is interesting. I have a question, hopefully some clerks on here will read this. Does this increased pay and pay scale apply ONLY to ROTP applicants or does it also apply to CEOTP applicants? I have 2 years reserves INF and 3 years reg 291. Would I be entitled to receive the pay of a private 3 at $3500/month instead of the CEOTP pay of $2400/month?
And if so, will it automatically be included in my job offer or is there something I have to do to correct the pay incentive?
Thanks in advance,
Rob.

It only applies to people who were serving in the reserves at the time they went to RMC.  Your previous service would only apply to your pension.

bbbb,

Those of us who have had the pleasure to actually travel outside our own provinces know that Manitoba, and SEVERAL towns in Ontario that aren't in any proximity to Quebec, have a very large francophone population.

Are you studying Canadian history per chance?  If so, you may want to dig a little deeper.   ;D

(Edited for spelling)

kincanucks said:
It only applies to people who were serving in the reserves at the time they went to RMC.  Your previous service would only apply to your pension.

Not  true... The following document: http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/instructions/engraph/0705_admhrmil_e.asp clearly states that qualifying service can now be used to calculate the IPC of incoming members from the PRes.  It also makes a caveat of including any qualifying service within a 5 year window that can also be used.
Further, the CT program has changed dramatically and offers more benefits to trained members making the cross-over from PRes to RegF and vice-versa.  Coincidently there is no specific instruction to exempting those members already in service, can you say back-pay?  Take this message to your OR and let them work it out for you and see if you are due a new IPC.

By the way, right now, only 1st year cases are under review.  2, 3 and 4 year might be done later.

How it is going to work :

-You get the pay you had in the reserve (back pay from the 1st day you were an Ocdt)
-You change program (continuing education)
-After grad, the pay isn,t the same for those folks than for us (3806$/mo for an RO, 3026$/mo for a CE). Same for the following ranks (see pay scale)

Personnaly, I'd rather make more money after grad than during RMC...  I don't really need it right now and I would probably spend it all...

Max

Zoomie said:
Not  true... The following document: http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/instructions/engraph/0705_admhrmil_e.asp clearly states that qualifying service can now be used to calculate the IPC of incoming members from the PRes.  It also makes a caveat of including any qualifying service within a 5 year window that can also be used.
Further, the CT program has changed dramatically and offers more benefits to trained members making the cross-over from PRes to RegF and vice-versa.  Coincidently there is no specific instruction to exempting those members already in service, can you say back-pay?  Take this message to your OR and let them work it out for you and see if you are due a new IPC.

It only applies to people who were serving in the reserves at the time they went to RMC. is a CT.  Since this guy is not a serving reservist how would the new CT policy apply to him?  Why do I bother?

kincanucks said:
Why do I bother?

Take a deep breathe....

This message does not only pertain to CT from PRes to RMC - if he was on SuppRes the message would be valid.  The same calculation for determining pension buyback (100% Class B/C, 25% Class A) is now being weighed against your entry IPC and TCP.  Vested rights for pay is not protected, only your equivalent time in carries over.

Zoomie said:
Take a deep breathe....

This message does not only pertain to CT from PRes to RMC - if he was on SuppRes the message would be valid.  The same calculation for determining pension buyback (100% Class B/C, 25% Class A) is now being weighed against your entry IPC and TCP.  Vested rights for pay is not protected, only your equivalent time in carries over.
It is breath.  I will let you answer all the questions WRT this as you must be able to read better than me.

Alright, Admin Gods, I have a question...

I was recently told by a friend who is attending RMC that there has been a recent policy development which impacts those ROTP students who served in the P Res prior to their CT.  The policy relates to pay rates, and the fact that OCdts make less than P Res Pte's or Cpls -- and that P Res Ptes are entitled to maintain their pay rate while enrolled in ROTP.  I was a Pte in the P Res at the time of my CT. 

Now, according to my friend, we are entitled to back-pay because of this new policy.  Has anyone heard of this policy?  Can you point me to the relevant CANFORGEN or Hr-Mil Instr?  I have poked around, and can't seem to find anything.  Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Semper Vigilans,

Steve.

After reading all of this topic, I am still not sure of the answer.  If an ROTP student was a Pte IPC 2 in the PRes before getting accepted to ROTP, would he as an Ocdt be making the RegF equivilant to Pte IPC 2, or would he get the PRes pay on a 'B'-Class contract?  Example;

Pte. Scroll is making $88.30 per day as a reservist on 'A'-Class.  He accepted an offer for ROTP, would he now(Ocdt. Scroll) be making $2960 per month, or $88.30 per day/everyday(approx. $2685 per month)?

Hopefully this simplifies my question so there can be a simplified answer.  It's all very confusing to me. ???

Thanks,
R.

SemperV said:
I was recently told by a friend who is attending RMC that there has been a recent policy development which impacts those ROTP students who served in the P Res prior to their CT.  The policy relates to pay rates, and the fact that OCdts make less than P Res Pte's or Cpls -- and that P Res Ptes are entitled to maintain their pay rate while enrolled in ROTP.  I was a Pte in the P Res at the time of my CT. 

OK

Let's confuse you some more.  Are these people enrolled at RMC as P Res Ptes (or whatever rank) or are they enrolled as Regular Force OCdts?  You do know that you do not necessarily have to be a Regular Force member to be enrolled in RMC?  Civies can enrole there also.

SemperV said:
Now, according to my friend, we are entitled to back-pay because of this new policy.  Has anyone heard of this policy?  Can you point me to the relevant CANFORGEN or Hr-Mil Instr?  I have poked around, and can't seem to find anything.  Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Now you have made the cardinal sin of "listening to a friend".  If (s)he is telling you this, surely (s)he can provide some documentation or source for their info.

Does anyone have any current information about this new policy.  I am a third year ROTP Civilian University.  I had 4 years of full time B"A" Reserve time before I transferred to the SRR, then later applied for ROTP.  I am uncertain whether this new policy would apply to me.

Thanks

I don`t know how much good bringing this back to the surface will do, but I have found some information in my travels that may help the situation you ROTP types are talking about.

Reference ADM (HR-MIL) INSTRUCTION 07/05

http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/docs/instruction/instructions/engraph/0705_admhrmil_e.asp

``All reservists selected for attendance to an RMC program and meeting the skilled status under this instruction will be treated as if they were UTPNCM candidates. Reservists who do not meet the skilled status will be treated as if they were ROTP candidates. (October 2005) ``

Skilled status is defined as:

2.8 Skilled Applicant

``A skilled applicant is one seeking CT into the same occupation and who has:

reached the Basic Occupational Qualification as defined by the occupational specification for the component from which the member is transferring; and
accumulated the equivalent of 36 months of FTPS.
The skilled applicant may be selected for further training in order to be fully employable in the gaining component.``

This is amplified by CBI 204.211 (4)

http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgcb/cbi/engraph/home_e.asp?sidesection=6&Section=204.211&sidecat=21&Chapter=204#204.211

(4) (Rate of pay - University Training Plan (Non-commissioned Members) and Special Commissioning Plan) A lieutenant or second lieutenant to whom the University Training Plan (Non-Commissioned Members) or Special Commissioning Plan applies shall be paid, for each month after the month and year specified in the table, at the rate of pay for the officer's rank and and pay increment as follows

if appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of private, in pay level A of Table "B" or "C" to this instruction;
if appointed to the rank of officer cadet directly from the rank of corporal or above, in pay level D of Table "B" or "C" to this instruction.
if commissioned directly to the rank of lieutenant or second lieutenant from a non-commissioned member rank, in pay level D of Table "B" or "C" to this instruction

I am currently fighting a pay battle right now and it seems that this makes things fairly cut and dry for you RMC types.

Back