• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Motivational Music??

jarko

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering what music you guys use while training or running. I just got an mp3 and i want to put some music on it, I have 2 types of music, one of them which is for beat and the other i like to call it "Pissoff music"

So far i got :

"Beat music"

DJ scooter - inpector gadget remix
Dj scooter - crank it up
dj mystick - own yous

"Pissoff music"

Slipknot - dualty
slipknot - three nil
slipknot - danger
slipknot - opium of the people
slipknot - pulse of the maggots

.. What music you guys would recommend or listen while training??

Thx

I have a MD player that I listen to when I run.  I just put all my favortie songs on there; they are all motivational, and it helps keep the mind more occupied and off the body getting tired.

Military Cadences.
They're entertaining and they help you keep a beat and pace when you're running.
They motivate too...well I guess that's kind of obvious.
I just load them on my MP3 Player and giver

I also have an MD Player, great because I have almost every song I have ever listened to on about 8 discs.

I have a big thing for Cadences as well (HIGHLANDERS!) and I also like the new spin on some old classics. The Dropkick Murphy's do excellent versions of Scotland the Brave and Amazing Grace. I also like MacKeel, Che, being from the east you may have heard of them, they were big in 97/98, great Celtic Rock. I also listen to The Rat Pack, Nine Inch Nails, love the Foo Fighters, the Hip, Ben Folds, alot of punk and Rage Against the Machine....wide tastes. I can't get over on rap, Britteny type stuff or dance. I NEED GEEEEEEETARS.

It all depends on my mood what I listen to, as I am sure it does for most everyone here.

Cheers

Ya gotta have guitar, bands like Slipknot or Drowning Pool do a good job of pumping you up and getting you ready to go. Cadences are always fun to :) lol

Che said:
Military Cadences.
They're entertaining and they help you keep a beat and pace when you're running.
They motivate too...well I guess that's kind of obvious.
I just load them on my MP3 Player and giver

Yea, the US Army an USMC got some good ones.

Some good music that I listen to get "pumped" or work out, etc are

Bloodhound Gang - Burn Mother F*cker Burn
Blur - Song 2
Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
CCR- Fortunes Son

Fast paced songs are good for getting you pumped

So are metal an punk songs, atleast for me

D-n-A said:
Some good music that I listen to get "pumped" or work out, etc are

That song is a constant in my station!!!!

D-n-A,

If you like the Rolling Stones "Paint it Black", try The Tea Party's version! It's... Faster, more modern. Has more guts and metal. I believe you'll like it! A masterpiece!

I would also suggest to you folks:

Stonesour - Tumult (A band from one of the singers of Slipknot... Amazing)
Lincoln Park - Numb
Metallica - Fuel
Metallica - ONE (C'mon, please, this is a CLASSIC!)

For something softer semi like Cadence stuff.
Man-o-War - The Crown and the Ring

Try those on for your ears and give'm a run for your money!

I would also like to add
Linkin Park - lying from you.
Some rammstein

Makes me crazy.

Cant believe nobody has said AC DC yet... Highway to hell, Thunderstruck, etc.

others...
unloco - bruises
filter - hey man nice shot
Metallica - some kind of monster, I disappear
Godsmack
Prodigy
scars of life
Stevie ray Vaughn - voodoo child
Pantera - respect
Damage Plan - explode
Slayer
Shocore - bonecracker

basically all of the stuff listed above is metal, best stuff Ive found to run to. Music is all personal preference tho.

I did a lot of running at RV83 and as dumb as it sounds I had a tape of Judas Priest's "You've got another thing coming" over and over.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned the ultimate motivation music: ROCKY!!!

D-n-A said:

Haha somebody's watching too much Fahrenheit 9/11.

Slayer is great, especially War Ensamble, the entire Reign in Blood cd. Rammstein is great, especially Links 2 3 4 and Feuer Frei. TSOL, Dead Kennedys, Misfits, basically any punk band is good. White Zombie and Rob Zombie rocks. Tea Party has some great songs especially "Temptation" which sounds sort of like something out of Afghanistan, and also "Still Waiting" by Sum 41 if your into Canadian content. "Enter Sandmann" by Vice Squad is a fantastic cover of that okay Metallica song without the annoying Metallica guy's voice. The album "Antichrist Superstar" by Marilyn Manson has many many great songs on it as well as "Holy Wood". Korn has some good songs, but they also have some real boring songs so I can't reccomend any perticular albums, just pick and choose. WWIII by KMFDM is a good song. Nihil is probably their best album, as well some of their older stuff has that ultra-heavy beat, but lots of their songs aren't that agressive, so pick and choose.

Also if you like classic stuff, you already know Wagner "die Walküre" but also "Mars the Bringer of War" by Holst from his opera "The Planets" and if you find a great version of the 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky (sp??) then that can really get you pumped. There is also a great version of "The Maple Leaf Forever" floating around the internet by the 48th Highlanders (I think), which sounds superb.

All kinds...
Disturbed:
- Voices
- Get Psycho
- The Game
- Remember
- Stupify

Eve6
- Anytime
- Promise
- Inside Out

Mindless Self Indulgence
- Hate Jimmy Page
- Kill The Rock
- Two Hookers
- Future
- Tight
- Diabolical
- Bring the Pain
- Golden I
- Daddy
- Tornado

Saliva:
- Click Click Boom

Slipknot:
- Duality
- F*uck This World
- People = Sh*t

well thats a few anyway ;)

Recruit Joe said:
D-n-A,

If you like the Rolling Stones "Paint it Black", try The Tea Party's version! It's... Faster, more modern. Has more guts and metal. I believe you'll like it! A masterpiece!

The Tea Party did cover Paint it Black, but their cover is a slowed down, grinding version that is almost hypnotic.  If the version you're referring to is a really fast post-punk type cover, it's probably a mislabelled MP3 - because that cover is by Vancouver's Gob.  It's a pretty awesome version.  The easiest way to tell is listen to any other Tea Party track and compare the voices, because Jeff's voice is so distinct you'll know it isn't him.

Mislabelled MP3s are my pet peeve, because a lot of bands don't get credit for their work, even if they aren't getting paid for it.

Back