• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Motivational Music??

Man I cant believe in BUDs school during hell week the SEALs are only allowed 4 hours sleep total in 5 days man thats wrecked

Not entirely unheard of in the Infantry.  I'm sure anyone from the Combat Arms whose been to the field can tell you they've went for a week with no more then 6-8 hours of sleep for the entire time during training.  I think the kicker is that in BUDS they are subjected to high intensity physical tests as well as various tests and challenges forcing you to use your mind.  Much of the time awake in the field is spent doing sentries, recces, stand-to's.

Thanks again for the info. I will be in the infantry soon im leaving for basic in a week. Im sure I will not mind the early rises and stayin awake long. I worked as a crab fisherman for the last 3 years off the grand banks of NFLD. Leaving the dock @ 3 am for a 12 hour steam while on the way mending gear and lifting heavy loads, but thats just part of it once you get to the fishing grounds thats when your real job begins, sort of like the infantry! :cdn:

I had a simliar situation as benoit. I definatly wasn't an early riser. Early for me on a saturday was 11 or 12. Over this past summer I got a full time job at a local golf course mowing greens, fairways etc. I had to get up everyday (5-6 times a week) at about 4:15am. This job has helped me become a moarning person because now on weekends I usually get up at about 7 becuase I am just so used to getting up very early. I start my basic hopefully in september (still waiting for my call) and I feel that my golf course job helped me out as to getting up early in the moarning.

PS some good motivational songs I like to listen to before a big hockey game or for a run
1. All along the watchtower - Jimmi Hendrix
2. Voodoo Child - Hendrix
3. Hey man, nice shot -
4. Fall Children - AFI

Usually if you watch some pro paintball videos they have excellent music in them to get you in the mood to push yourself.

Damnit, i was hoping to learn some military cadences when i enter bmq and so on. I mean almost every army in the world sings cadences. They give the military a good vibe and make you feel more powerful, dang this is a big disappointment.

P.S

The Ranger cadences are kick ass.

jarko said:
Damnit, i was hoping to learn some military cadences when i enter bmq and so on. I mean almost every army in the world sings cadences.
Care to back that up? Just because the US Military has them doesn't mean every other military in the world has them.

jarko said:
dang this is a big disappointment.
Their just songs/cadences...

Don't get so worked up over them, if you are so dead sit on learning some, search the internet for US Army an US Marine cadences, your come up with lots.

Your still get to yell out some cadence'ish stuff, atleast I have on course.

WHAT MAKES THE GRASS GROW
BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!

etc

I didnt say "Every" military in the world sings them, I said "Almost Every"

Im from the european descent so i know for a fact that most countries there have cadences and it is mandatory to learn them.

How does being of European descent make you know that European country military's have cadences?

I have family and friends that served in France, Germany, Poland and Australia and they have brought up the topic of military cadences at one time or another.

Now back to topic,

Some good motivation music is from the Black eyed peas new album. I mean i put some of that stuff on my mp3 and it got me all motivated.  One title i would suggest for you guys to get it Hey Mama, I dunno why but when i hear it i just wanna go for a run.

Man i listen to rap music to get me motivated.  I get all pissed off it aint even funny.

Eminem, Bone crusha, Mystik, 50 cent.. Angry music right there.

Damnit, i was hoping to learn some military cadences when i enter bmq and so on.

If it really means that much to you, you can always run on your own time and sing all the Ranger cadences you want. When people hear you jog past, they'll know you're hardcore, which is a good thing for new recruits. ;)

Ghostwalk said:
If it really means that much to you, you can always run on your own time and sing all the Ranger cadences you want. When people hear you jog past, they'll know you're hardcore, which is a good thing for new recruits. ;)

If he really wants to impress his NCOs though, he should wake up before they do an run by their baracks singing the ranger cadences.

Well it's a matter of personal taste, but for me it has to be Loud, Angry, Repetitive for work outs..really heart pumping... I'm going to make someones guts into garters stuff.  Enya just doesn't do it for me. ;D

Hence to name but a few:
Front 242
Blood Machine
KMFDM
Ministry
Any Heavy Bass house music
'Dragula' by Rob Zombie is a pretty good song.
Darkwave Goth
Industrial
Didjeridoo

Strange that we don't have Army cadences.
Here are a bunch of American ones..some pretty funny.
http://www.pro-american.com/Free_Music/free_music.html

Cheers!
P.

For me, bands like Tool produce a more brooding sound get to me going. Its more like you're training so that one day you'll be able to hit like a ton of bricks, but in the mean time you'll quietly prepare yourself. The Deftones are also pretty cool because alot of their stuff is very flowing, almost ambient. Tunes like "Be Quiet And Drive" (by The Deftones) are the ultimate running songs, because the vibe is like if you were driving down a deserted road just to give you a chance to cool off and clear your head. Its heavy, but at the same time calming. To me, running is alot like that.

Come to think of it, pump up tunes are all about what songs seem like a metaphor for whatever kind of training you're doing. Your body will go as far as your brain can push it, and the tunes that click with the gears in your head have a way of taking some of the mental strain off PT.

On my basic i was told the story (by instructors) that Americans would be unable to keep in formation if they stop singing cadences while running, as they get so used to the rhythm.   That is the reason for cadences after all.   Whether this is true or not...   ;D

I found some motivational vids (real player needed). they are American, but I think they are pretty neat.
I'd love to see someone make some Canadian ones some day..maybe a future project for me.

http://www.grouchymedia.com/
'Tributation' , and '24th MEU In Iraq' are my favs.

Cheers!
P.

GerryCan said:
I've never had to sing any cadences while we run, nor have I been taught any. I'm sure you could if you wanted to to yourself...maybe a little 'God Save The Queen'
The Sex Pistols version that is :cdn:

Great idea!!

One of the fellows on my QL2 asked if we'd be singing and the staff told us that we would be sucking too much wind to sing.

Pugnacious said:
I found some motivational vids (real player needed). they are American, but I think they are pretty neat.
I'd love to see someone make some Canadian ones some day..maybe a future project for me.

http://www.grouchymedia.com/
'Tributation' , and '24th MEU In Iraq' are my favs.

Cheers!
P.

Thx man, some of them are pretty good.

Back