• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Hey garb and other members of this sub,

I have asked the RC this question and is asking for contact information from CFLRS St. Jean to see if they can answer me; but I'm hoping you guys have some knowledge about a situation at hand.

The letter of employment states a start date of September 10th - My sister has her wedding on the 30th (Sunday). The RC informs me that the decision of allowing me to attend rests with the course staff, what are my chances of attending the wedding?

Sephur said:

I have asked the RC this question and is asking for contact information from CFLRS St. Jean to see if they can answer me; but I'm hoping you guys have some knowledge about a situation at hand.

The letter of employment states a start date of September 10th - My sister has her wedding on the 30th (Sunday). The RC informs me that the decision of allowing me to attend rests with the course staff, what are my chances of attending the wedding?
You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery...

Not to be flippant, but it's basic training and the Indoc period, during which leave is only given for extraordinary circumstances, lasts for 4 weeks so you're still going to be within that period.

Unfortunately, missing important family occasions becomes a fact of life for us.

Sephur said:

Adding to Garb’s comments, the info you were given is correct—it will be up to your course staff. But frankly, I wouldn’t bother asking. You can, of course, but don’t be surprised if you’re dismissed rather abruptly. A family wedding isn’t considered an extraordinary circumstance, even if it’s immediate family. Be aware there are many members who have missed several occasions, holidays, births, and funerals. If this is of particular concern for you, you still have time to reconsider your offer. The beginning of a member’s career can be very busy and there’s a very good possibility you will miss a lot. Now’s the time to remove yourself if you need to. Not mid-way through training...

These make a lot of sense. Although I'm disappointed that this is how it is, it's very understandable - sucks that members miss funerals, I don't think I could do that if it's immediate family though.

Sephur said:
These make a lot of sense. Although I'm disappointed that this is how it is, it's very understandable - sucks that members miss funerals, I don't think I could do that if it's immediate family though.

Where immediate family (ie. parents, siblings, children) and deaths are concerned, your staff/chain of command will generally try to be as accommodating as possible in order to get the member home. If training is taking place, sometimes it just means the member won’t be able to complete that serial and will have to wait to complete it at a later date.

For example, while on course I missed the passing and funeral of my uncle. We were close, but he wasn’t immediate family. A friend of mine, although he missed the specific moment of passing of his mother, he was able to get home in time for the funeral. Another friend lost his father during training, but was able to get home as soon as he could. Sometimes not only when on course, but if a member is deployed/on tour geography can make it difficult for the member to get home quickly also. These are scenarios you have to be aware of when deciding to join.

There is really no harm in asking,  things have definitely softened up since I did BMQ.  There are folk here on my MP QL3 that recently finished BMQ and they put requests in to attend family birthdays during their indoc period and actually got the time off for it.  Absolutely BLEW my mind, as I am sure it will do the same to some of the crustier folks on here... but hey, it's a kinder gentler CF nowadays.

VOT Message should be out with what trades are open for this F/Y.

bluruin said:
Does anyone know if MPO is opening up for VOT candidates this year?
Yes, see CANFORGEN 103/18 - CMP 051/18 141513Z JUN 18 2019/2020 OFFICER VOLUNTARY OCCUPATION TRANSFER PROGRAM (OVOTP)

Deadline for the file to be at the local PSO office is 12 Oct 18 with the completed file in Ottawa for 30 Nov 18.

Additional info:  e. FINAL SELECTION OF MOSID 00214 MPO CANDIDATES WILL DEPEND ON THE SUCCESSFUL PROCESSING THAT THE NOMINEES WILL UNDERGO AT THE MILITARY POLICE OFFICER ASSESSMENT CENTRE (MPOAC) WHICH IS COORDINATED BY THE MEMBERS UNIT, W/B/FPSO AN CFMPA. MEMBER NEED TO PROVIDE DND 2788, COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE AND CIVILIAN DRIVERS ABSTRACT

Garb, need a little insight on another situation now :c

I was not able to enroll into the CAF yesterday because of a recent laser eye surgery; they said my enrollment will be postponed until 4 months post surgery (13 Nov) earliest depending on BMOQ dates. In November, my interview and medical will also expire - which they said they'll do an updated interview and medical on the day I hand in my paperwork in regards to the surgery.

My question is towards my MPOAC score; the captain I spoke to at the RC said they'll inform the enrollment staff that I have been offered and accepted the position beforehand, and try to expedite my enrollment and shouldn't have a problem. Does the RC have that kind of power to keep me at the top of the enrollment list for MPO? Or will MPOAC scores be prioritized and other applicants that scored higher now be offered the position before me again?

Your MPOAC score is valid for two years.  The list is fluid though so if the next MPOAC runs and there are candidates who score higher than you did, they will be inserted into the list above you, which could impact you for the next time they do a selection because the Strategic Intake Plan fluctuates year to year as well.

Having said that, I don't really know what this means for you.  It is possible the Branch will ask for your enrollment to be deferred until Nov if you are an attractive enough candidate, or they could ask for the next candidate down the list in order to mee the SIP.  Best bet is to keep in contact with the CFRC...

Hello Everyone,

I'm applying for the reg force military police, and just passed by BII. I called my CFRC who informed me that the next selection date is mid September. I was just curious if anyone knows how competitive the trade is at the moment. Last i heard the trade was below its preferred manning level, is this still the case? 

Thanks for any info,

Hi all,

I submitted Disclosure forms yesterday and I’m assuming all of my background checks have been completed (2 of my references let me know). How long until I hear about an invitation to MPAC? Is MPAC still happening at the end of October?

And if successful, how long after MPAC should one expect to hear yay or nay?

Any info is appreciated.

WCO.

About 1/3 of the direct entry spots are still available this fiscal year.

The MPOAC/BIIs will still be going at the end of Oct, they are currently sourcing the assessors.

Ref how long until you find out if you're going?  Could be up to a couple of days before. 

Ref how long until you find out if you are acceptable or not?  Usually within a month or so of the BII.

Thanks for the info Garb. I hope 1/3 is still a good amount of open spots.

Goodluck with your BII/mpoac WestCoast. 

WestCoastOntarian said:
Hi all,

I submitted Disclosure forms yesterday and I’m assuming all of my background checks have been completed (2 of my references let me know). How long until I hear about an invitation to MPAC? Is MPAC still happening at the end of October?

And if successful, how long after MPAC should one expect to hear yay or nay?

Any info is appreciated.

WCO.

On completion of MPOAC, they informed my session that the CFRC will have the answer to relay back to you in approximately a week. Surely enough, I contacted them after a week and they did have the reply; so I suppose that should be the same for MPAC.

Hi Grab, Applicant1990, and Sephur,

Thank you all for your information. Hope to hear good things soon!

Any recommendations other than sit and wait patiently?

All the best

Don't be like me - Keep up to date with your CFRC.

The only reason I didn't was because I was applying all over the place for law enforcement.

Upgrade yourself wherever possible: Education, training, community service (networking), the likes of that stuff. Why wait on only the CF to accept you when you can wait for multiple? :')

My CFRC is horrible at communicating with their applicants.

Any news on MPAC dates? Anxiously awaiting to hear back from and do well at MPAC and get a nice welcome from the CAF.

When would the soonest BMQ start after this round of MPAC?

Next round of BIIs should be the end-Nov, early Dec timeframe.  If you are successful and selected, chances are you will be lined up to go to BMQ in order to start QL3 next August.

Back