• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Yes, the CF will cover the entire cost of you going to Borden for your interview. That includes flight, meals and other travel expenses, such as your very expensive shuttle ride to Borden from YYZ, which you should receive compensation for at a later date. You’ll get a rations card if your staying the night and a room in quarters, ain’t no fancy hotel that’s for sure. Not sure if anyone else can confirm or deny this, but are they still sending people to the closest base to their home? Or is everyone going to Borden for the BII? Cause that seems mighty expensive for a 3 hour interview. Guys on west coast should go to Esquimalt for example.

coyote489 said:
Yes, the CF will cover the entire cost of you going to Borden for your interview. That includes flight, meals and other travel expenses, such as your very expensive shuttle ride to Borden from YYZ, which you should receive compensation for at a later date. You’ll get a rations card if your staying the night and a room in quarters, ain’t no fancy hotel that’s for sure. Not sure if anyone else can confirm or deny this, but are they still sending people to the closest base to their home? Or is everyone going to Borden for the BII? Cause that seems mighty expensive for a 3 hour interview. Guys on west coast should go to Esquimalt for example.

Pretty sure we are all going to Borden still. On the list they sent us with all the names (for whatever reason, I don't know why applicants need to know who else made it), there are people from British Columbia. Ricey above is coming in from Halifax. So seems like we are all going to Borden.

Hi guys,
I did my Mpac in October.i received an email  i succeeded my mpac.Now i'm waiting for a final selection,i just want to know if its only the Mpac score they check for the final selection or everything.

It’s a combination of a few things right now due to the changes to MPAC.

No. But since it is too late to get through BMQ for the January QL3, probably after New Years at the earliest.

Trapper94 said:
Hi guys,
I did my Mpac in October.i received an email  i succeeded my mpac.Now i'm waiting for a final selection,i just want to know if its only the Mpac score they check for the final selection or everything.

The CRC told me that the combination of your aptitude score, your interview score, and your MPAC/MPOAC score will attribute to how high you score in the competition list.

Trapper94 said:
Do you know when they are supposed to do a selection for MP?

I can't give you a general timeline, but here's what happened to me. I was denied enrollment because of a laser eye surgery. After the "probation" period where my optometrist has now cleared me, my enrollment date is slated for February 14, 2019. I'm an applicant for MPO. I hope Garb will have more insight into how things work for MP applicants with this knowledge.

Trapper94 said:
Do you know approximately the % who succeed the MPAC ?

I was too wondering this. There was like quite a lot of us at MPAC in October and so far I have not heard from anybody that they did not pass. I guess the beauty of a competition list is that there is no "quota" for the interviewers. If they get a bunch of applicants in one session that are great they can just pass all of them and put them on the list vs. having to decide on who not to pass.

The percentage of pers who “succeed” at MPAC isn’t really relevant to anything. As long as you are successful, then it is a question of how far down you are on the selection list as to whether or not you get called.

Where you are on the selection list is no longer only determined by MPAC so the key is to not only be successful at MPAC but to get the best possible scores you can get throughout the recruiting process.

The simple fact that you were invited to Borden is an indication that you are at least competitive with the other pers at that stage of the process though.

Garb, as an MPO candidate, will I have any classes with MP candidates during BMOQ or Borden? or is my training only with other officer applicants only?

The other candidates on your courses will be officers only, although you may have some previous NCMs who are being commissioned under an in service program.

You will be instructed by a combination of officers and NCMs.

Hey garb, you seem to be the one with the info. I'm ot'ing and wasn't part of this mpac, my references have been contacted and what not, I've also had my bpso interview. Curious if you know of any future mpacs?

Don't know the exact dates but I'm hearing the next round of BIIs will be sometime in Feb.

Good Afternoon,

I too was recently informed that I successfully completed MPAC. I was at the Oct 28th, 2018 interview at CFB Borden. I contacted my recruiter from my local office on Nov 20th when I found out I passed and he said that they are doing two selections in December, one on the 5th and one on the 12th. I am a recruit school by-pass because I was recently a Combat Engineer, before I went back to school for Law and Security. I'm curious to know what those 2 selection dates mean? will the MP recruiters inform us on one of those dates if we are selected or will it be passed on to our local recruiting centre for further processing? Also, does anyone know if the QL3 in Jan is full or not?

Thank you,

Yes, if you were selected, your CFRC will be the one making contact.

For the QL3 in Jan? Not a clue but there is a backlog built up from when they had to cancel one of the QL3 serials in Aug. What has happened to some bypasses in the past is they get enrolled and sent on OJE at a base close to where they are being recruited from. Not saying this will happen with you if you are selected and the QL3 is full but it is a possibility.

Thank you for the quick reply GARB811. Yes my CFRC did say that OJE was potentially an option if the QL3 was full.  I guess I will just continue being patient and hope that my score was good enough. Im a bit eager, as I've been at this since Aug 2016 when I reenrolled, but was snagged at the medical because of an old injury I had on my file. But with a little determination and persistence I've made it this far, so whats another little bit right! Good luck to everyone else out there in this process.

Pte.tet,

I was in the exact same position as you last year. I had the bypass and was lucky enough to jump on the Jan 2018 QL3. They called me Christmas Eve and said I was leaving for Borden on the 8th of Jan. Was all a quick process. From what I gather like Garb stated, the 3s are pretty backlogged now cause of a staff shortage in Borden. So if selected OJE is looking pretty likely until slotted on a course. Not a bad thing though. OJE is a pretty cushy go depending on you chain.

Back