• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MPAC October 19th/ 2009

No problem. That's why I get the big bucks!!

ooops. i assumed that everyone was being assessed together but after reading through these forums i realized there was a difference between the MPAC and MPOAC. does anyone know when the next MPOAC is?

i applied approx. 1 year ago but withdrew my application due to personal reasons, but that has since became clear, and i re-applied on sept 9, 2009 (filled out all the paperwork again). i dont have to do the appitude test, because it is still valid from my previous application. the other concern is that my in-laws live in a different country so a background/screening has to be completed on them.

thats my story in a nut shell

i wonder if anyone can help me with my questions;

1 how long does the process take from dropping off the application to being booked for the MPAC?

2 what are my chances at getting in for the oct 19th MPAC?

Thanks for any responses in advance.
i would also like to get some suggestions about anything in the process that you feel i should know, it will be greatly appreciated!

thank you, and good luck to all

Hey!
I applied in June, but had to put my application on hold for a couple weeks because I broke 3 toes and couldn't walk, haha! I completed my CFAT June 26, I did my interview in July, and my medical in early September.
I just completed my MPAC which was from October 6-8. It was an amazing experience! I heard there is a next MPAC started October 19th, but two serials were just completed so I don't know if that will happen. They contacted me 6 days before I had to be in Borden for mine. I was also told there will be another at the beginning of December so just wait for the call. The main thing about the MPAC is be honest. They assess you 24/7 so be you, and be good! It was an awesome experience, and even if I don't get merit listed, I took a lot out of it.

My process went pretty well, but my medical was switched around a few times, and they decided not to call me and tell me so the third time I showed up and they tried to move my date I told them it wasn't happening, haha! An Officer heard me getting frustrated and he went and "jacked up," the booking staff. Apparently he was supposed to call me to change my medical appointment and never did!

Other than that, it has been pretty easy and fluent for myself. I have heard a bunch of people with different stories though. A friend of mine applied for MP and got merit listed and did the whole process in 2 weeks, and another took a year. It depends on so many things!

Good luck and I hope this helped. If you have any other questions feel free to message me!

Ciao for now

FullMetalGunner said:
I am going to MPAC Nov 23rd in Borden... Anyone else going to that one?

Yep, coming down from Ottawa, I'll see you then. :)

Christine

Hey all just going through the process for MP now and was wondering if anyone heard the exact date of the Mpac in Feb? Also I was wondering for the last group that went through how much notice did you receive? I'm getting a little anxious because I did my cfat/interview/medical all in one day a few weeks ago and would love not to miss the upcoming mpac. Lastly are the ones that went through Novembers mpac at BMQ now? I would like to hear some updates. Thanks

Hey Dubya.. I was supposed to get into the October mpac but it was full and now i'm waiting for the February one. I haven't been given an exact date at all. We are supposed to receive a package or something telling you how to prepare for the week? I'm getting anxious as well, hah I want in so bad!

Does anyone know the exact date of the next mpac?

Anyone who went through the mpac in October offer some hints to prepare for it?

Bigcletus I take it you got into the mpac in feb? Or are you already in and are just in the know? Either way thanks for the info

Haha one of those stories eh well when you can tell it I'd be more than happy to read it. But since you're in the loop what else can you divulge about the upcoming mpac?

Good day,

I am currently in process of applying for MP as a skilled applicant, (just retired from RMP).
I have so far completed the CFAT, Medical and Interview.  I was informed on the 16 Dec 09 by my recruiting centre that Ottawa had granted a waiver for the BMQ and that I was merit listed and was awaiting confirmation of the Feb 10 MPAC.
From the threads I have read., I take it MPAC inform you direct as to your attendance date.  I have spoken to the recruiting office and it all seems to be somewhat of a mystery to all, in that they are not sure of dates or locations.

Has anyone has been given attendance dates for Feb?  If so what notice did you get?  And where is the location?

I'm just a little concerned about work etc. if MPAC is out East, as I live near Calgary.

Thanks in advance for any help info, and if I make the MPAC, I look forward to seeing you all there.
Ex_RMP

E

MPAC and MPOAC are held either in Ottawa or Borden in Ontario. You will be contacted by the Recruiting Centre if you are on the course. The next course as far as I know is 11th of Feb. After that it's on the 25th of Feb and that's it for this year. That's for both MPAC and MPOAC.

FDO said:
MPAC and MPOAC are held either in Ottawa or Borden in Ontario. You will be contacted by the Recruiting Centre if you are on the course. The next course as far as I know is 11th of Feb. After that it's on the 25th of Feb and that's it for this year. That's for both MPAC and MPOAC.

Sorry, is that two MPAC courses or one of each for the the dates given

Thanks

FDO said:
MPAC and MPOAC are held either in Ottawa or Borden in Ontario.

not necessarily.  They had it in Kingston in 2006 when I was still posted there.

Jist got off the phone with a recruiter seems that they have reached their target for MPs this year and won't be taking anymore until April 1st which means the waiting continues for me I guess. Anyone else heard anything?

Also he told me there is a complete freeze on hiring and no mpac in Feb anywhere from anyone. Anyone else getting this?

Back