• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MPAC October 19th/ 2009

Dubya said:
Also he told me there is a complete freeze on hiring and no mpac in Feb anywhere from anyone. Anyone else getting this?

Hi,

I saw your thread and panicked a bit.  I contacted my file manager and questioned this.
MP do have the required numbers from 1 Apr 09 to 31 Mar 10 and those files that have not been submitted/finalised will be reviewed again 1 Apr 10.  I was informed the high influx of applicants was due to last years recession.

I was told the MPAC for FEB is still going ahead sometime between the 15 and 22 and that official confirmation of attendance will be by the end of next week.

i find it very hard to believe that the MP's are anywhere near the numbers they need to be at.

k_town said:
i find it very hard to believe that the MP's are anywhere near the numbers they need to be at.

So do I, I work with them everyday and it's not the impression I get.

I'm just going by what the recruiter told me they were informed to tell everyone and I thought I'd give a heads up to people waiting like myself

Dubya said:
I'm just going by what the recruiter told me they were informed to tell everyone and I thought I'd give a heads up to people waiting like myself

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Feb, I;ve been told they're just waiting for the confirmation to book my flights.

Just because the Branch is short pers at Guardhouses doesn't automatically mean there are spots open for recruiting.  There are a variety of factors at play which affect the number of spots open for off the street applicants.

Just got back from the CFRC in Toronto (Yonge and Sheppard) and asked about the status of the MPAC.  I asked specifically if they had been canceled and the answer I got was that the MPAC is still running this month (February) with February the 14th being the date of the first MPAC.

I don't know if they will have both, if it's the same thing or if there was some misinformation about the MPAC. I am doing an MPOAC Feb 15-18 in Borden. Does anyone think it will be 2 simultaneously, just the one or even a mix?

I had been told I was loaded on the MPAC in Feb, two weeks ago.  I contacted the CFRC Calgary 2 days ago and was confirmed as being loaded, yet they were still awaiting confirmation for the dates in order to book flights, etc.  Seems to be the best kept secret since D-Day lol...  Well i'm keeping my fingers crossed as I've heard that some people have been contacted a week before.

Ex_RMP said:
I had been told I was loaded on the MPAC in Feb, two weeks ago.  I contacted the CFRC Calgary 2 days ago and was confirmed as being loaded, yet they were still awaiting confirmation for the dates in order to book flights, etc.  Seems to be the best kept secret since D-Day lol...  Well i'm keeping my fingers crossed as I've heard that some people have been contacted a week before.

Back in November I was contacted 2 business days before MPAC was supposed to start. It was with LOADS of regret that I had to decline as I couldn't negotiate with my current place of employment to get the days off on such short notice. I hope that won't be happening again this time.

aegishjalmar said:
Back in November I was contacted 2 business days before MPAC was supposed to start. It was with LOADS of regret that I had to decline as I couldn't negotiate with my current place of employment to get the days off on such short notice. I hope that won't be happening again this time.

I'm fortunate in the fact that whilst serving with RMP in Canada, I worked along side my now current Boss / employer.  They new of my intention when I started my current employment and have kept them informed of my application throughout and as such they have granted me the time, even if it is with only a few days notice.

I found out about 2 weeks ago, flight booked last Wed and I leave on the 15th of Feb at 6am. Then again, I kept emailing Ottawa to find out about it and they kept me informed as to my CT progression. Sometimes, with the CF, you have to be the thorn in the backside to get the info you need.
I can only imagine being notified 2 days before, which I would get the night before since I have my weekend basic training. The only reason I can think of them doing it that way is to see how badly you want to go and if you were prepared in doing so.

Just got the call from CFRC.  I am flying out of Calgary on Thu 11 to attend the MPAC on Fri 12 to Sun 14 Feb, any other guys been given these dates.

Look forward to meeting anyone who is on it and good luck.

RUNRMAC13 said:
I don't know if they will have both, if it's the same thing or if there was some misinformation about the MPAC. I am doing an MPOAC Feb 15-18 in Borden. Does anyone think it will be 2 simultaneously, just the one or even a mix?

While they may run the courses simultaneously, and some of the assessors may go between - the processes are slightly different, and unless things have changed since I was last an assessor (06?), the MPAC folks will stay together through the assessment, as will the MPOAC folks.

Good luck to all - looking forward to reading about the results!

JTQ

Well, just returned from the MPAC, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was certainly a different approach to joining the Royal Military Police. 
For those who still have to go throught the process, all I can say is be yourself and enjoy it.

Good luck

Do you happen to know how many applicants on your MPAC were Reg Force Occupational Transfers?

There were about 34 Students, I'm not 100 percent, but it was split roughly 10 Francophone, 12 Direct entrant and the rest were a mix of CT and OT

Thanks, I completed my MPAC in November and have still heard nothing about my OT. Think they may be waiting until the rest of the vot applicants complete MPAC before offers commence.

Anybody know when the next MPAC is? I didn't receive a call for the one that just past. Starting to get irritated.

Back