• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Must Have Kit, Canadian Style

1.  Check out www.silvermans.co.uk, they carry lots of good kit, like the british scrim scarf and snugpack line, they also ship to Canada.

2.  If you happen to be in London it's worth the visit, they gave me a 20% discount rather than doing the VAT rebate paperwork. I bought a sleeka jacket and a softie sleeping bag, best kit ever!!!

Cheers,
Mike

I see all this great kit, but does anyone know what the rules on personal kit are for CAP? Like, can you use basically whatever you want or are you forced to use things like the 82 pattern ruck, the mk III boots, etc? If the answer is no, I think I'm gonna get me a pair of jungle boots and a 64 pattern ruck.

It completely depends on your course staff and how much cock they feel like giving you. I wore my Danner boots whenever we were in the field... I doubt you could get away with a 64 pattern ruck though!

I have seen a couple of "Must Have" kit lists in here, and I wanted to expand on this.  What do you feel is "must have" items in the field?  Snivel Kit is of course welcome, because only an idiot is uncomfortable in the field.  Advise fresh from the front is especially welcome.  :salute:

The old black mattress, that is the only thing anyone ever needs.

mini-mag light with red lens.

issued flashlights are garbage.

I have seen Mini mag lights sold with the red lense covers and the rubber piece to hold them on.  I myself would rather have a head lamp with a red filter, I think that petzel? makes one.  As for me my never leqave home without it piece of kit is my American poly pro shirt I bought in 97, that things is a life saver.

Its taken this long for someone to mention stealth suit?

The only piece thus far thats actually Canadian too.

Back