• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Must Have Kit, Canadian Style

I know that this is more of an army orientated thing but i can't go flying without my US helmet bag

aesop081 said:
map and compass is always nice too  ;D

Howabout a uniform? It could get pretty cold with just some socks to cover you.

Unless you're one of the RHCP, then socks are all you need.

48Highlander said:
Rifle, ammo, socks, and boots :)   everything else is a luxury   ;)

luxury would be proper fitting boots right for the enviroment we are in....

my list (other then whats been mentioned):
good gloves,

neck gaiter,

stuff sack pillow,

baby wipes,

a norgie coffe cup,

polypro underlayers,

bivy bag.

A lighter.  When it comes time to fire up the coleman in -42 weather, suddenly the smokers are popular individuals.

Forgot the lighter...

actually I carry a mini soldering torch.

GoreTex socks. It's like carrying a spare pair of boots.

Thanks Armymedic,

I was mocked on course for having my UT100SI in my ruck, I'm glad I'm not alone  ;)

I invested a $1.00 for a army green lexan spoon at MEC drilled a hole in the handle and put a piece of 550 cord through it keep it around my neck so i allways have a good spoon for coffee or whatever.next a fleece scarf or head tube keeps the neck nice and warm.Bungee cords gods gift to the solider.

Reading material (for those lonely nights in the box aka comand post)  ;)

Jane

Papke said:
Whats a Norgie Coffee Cup?

- Shawn

is a small foldable soft sided. carries 1 cup of hot fluid really well and is smaller then the average wallet when folded....

mine is brown.

http://kitshop.ppcli.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=225&osCsid=d578f88de5d617b41ffd20f23e73df66

Hanwag Alaska GTX boots,

Own a pair and must say that these are a damned good pair of boots, and when worn with the right socks, are worth there weight in gold, there sold at Track 'n' Trail in Edmonton, heres a link -

http://www.trackntrail.ca/trackntrail/sales/cat9_1.htm

I dont know, from experience if the Hanwag Special Force GTX are as good as mine, but if they are, im buying a pair when I go into the reserves 

I have to agree with Mars, the head lamp is sweet. The sleepingbag liner is good too, but i got the new ranger blanket/slleping bag liner kinda thing this weeks and it is good stuff!

Back