• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Experience Applying for ACS NCM SEP in the RCAF

Nethercore

Inactive
Reaction score
:yellow: :cdn: :yellow:

I put in my application to the RCAF for ACS NCM SEP.  Aircraft Structures Technician Non Commissioned Member Subsidized Education Program. 

April/May: After being on the phone several times with the recruitment office I was there in person to gather extra information for my application because of security clearances.  I have family that don't live in Canada, that adds to the paperwork.  I booked my CFAT & Medical & Interview on the same day. 

June: 28 days after the described above I take my CFAT and qualify for several trades except for the one I wanted.  In 28 days the trade had "closed", and my score wasn't high enough anyway for the NCM SEP which was equally disappointing.  Suddenly I was missing certain details from my file, and was asked to book another day for my medical & my interview. 

Aug: My interview and my medical went fine, and then came my evaluation.  I passed my interview & medical with no problem, according to my evaluation.  But my employment record was questionable to them.  I was told to "prove" to them that I could "keep a job for longer than a year" and that I would not be permitted to apply again for 12 months.

This has devastated me.  I want to be in the military badly, I love everything it stands for, the community, the career opportunities for men and women.  My mind is in shock that this kind of judgement was leveled at me to make this decision. 

I was warned it takes some people YEARS to get in not months, my interview as I look back on it felt more like an interrogation than an interview, and the person who was supposed to interview me was evaluating the actual interviewer.

Before I was called in to an office to hear the news that my file was being closed for a full year, they had me do a survey.  I'm at odds with myself right now because I gave them a high scores.

The screening process is good, don't get me wrong, they won't just take joe blow or jane blow off the streets of that area.  But, I really wish I could have put a more positive story on here and I think I deserve a chance to voice my concerns to warn anyone who hasn't kept a job for at least 2 years to just stay away from the convolution of this process.  I see quite a few posts that says "really think about what you want for a career" but what you really should be doing is thinking about your past and how it will affect your future with this application.  :nod: :2c:

I suppose you could consider this post MY evaluation of the recruitment process.  It's great for screening potential hosers, but if you are a genuine hard working person who just had a run of bad luck and have an uneven employment record, you're done.  They send you home.  ::)

:salute:

Back